Thread: Isis absorbed

sono Guest

Isis absorbed

Another of my weird weeeknd dreams . . . I am attending a magic ceremony, where Isis is absorbed into my body - I hear the words, "Isis you & you are Isis". . . . . . I awoke feeling wonderful. . .

Blog Entries

Re: Isis absorbed

I don't know if this will be of any help at all, but here goes. Take it for what it's worth.

I used to be very drawn to "mother goddess" type archetypes. This has to do with my poor relationship with my own mother, and I'm not going to get into all of that, but I was always searching for some parental archetype figure who would "take care of me".

Recently, I realised that this isn't the case any more. I still appreciate the mother goddess figure (have several different mother goddess icons around my home, actually), but I no longer seek that. And I wondered why, until I understood (by means which I can't really articulate) that I have pretty much embodied Mother Goddess in some mystical way. I have every attribute normally associated with that figure (which does vary considerably), including being nobody to mess with. I don't really know when this happened, and it was not conscious, but I am a sort of embodiment of Mother Goddess (and not just the nice, loving, sweet aspects of her, either).

So when I read your dream, I thought of this experience of mine. Isis is a mother goddess, too, of course.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

sono Guest

Thanks, catterpillarwoman - strange though, I have never been drawn to anything even vaguely "maternal" (did not enjoy a healthy relationship with my mother !) & have also alays been very wary of the Egyptian mythos for some reason. . . .but you have have hit the nail on the thumb for me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sono
    did not enjoy a healthy relationship with my mother
    Nor I. So I became my own.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.