Thread: An UFO Journal from day one.

Blog Entries

An UFO Journal from day one.

I hesitate to make a thread of this 'cause I have no idea where or if it will go anywhere. But what the heck.

Can I believe? A Qualified 'Yes'

This is my UFO Journal. I hope to keep a record here of the process and progress of my outward and inward study of UFO and Alien phenomena.

Apparently my Teacher is pointing me in the direction of UFO/Alien study having serendipitously piqued my interest in very particular ways. I have been content all these years to leave this subject unopened because I didn't have the background to take it very seriously. Part of the problem was Roswell/Area 51 and all the hype surrounding it. It remains a sticky matter so I'll leave it for last.

The chain of events that brings me to writing this journal is this: (1) I notice an article browsing CNN that claims Steven Hawkings warns against alien contact. Believe what you will about this great physicist or exactly how to interpret what he said but he caught my attention and that was the important thing. I copy the link and file it away for a few weeks but it keeps wanting my attention.

(2) A few days ago I follow a link to "The 10 Best UFO Sightings of all Time" and view some great pics and vids of UFOs, some quite convincing. Now I'm getting in the swing of it and put up a post to that effect in this forum.

(3) This morning I finally google the subject and find this: http://www.top10ufo.com/photos/displayi ... m=13&pos=6 Proof We Are Not Alone. The scientist narrating the video states that the NASA video was caught with a near-ultraviolet camera. That was a particular I needed to hear before advancing forward in the search.

I've laid this out as an example of the way my Teacher and I often interact, call it serendipity I suppose. Each link in this chain was specific to me, as if designed in just the way that I'll keep moving forward with interest. The near-ultraviolet camera was the clincher as it jives with my developing theory that will allow for these phenomena. The exciting thing is, now that Teacher has got my attention I can expect my own personal experience with the subject - a UFO, an Alien or whatever He has in mind. He hardly if ever fails me in this way of example and learning. And with that to look forward to I think that making a journal now is a good idea so I don't have to hazily retrace my steps later.

Each of us comes to grips with the world around us by making some sort of sense of it. Unfortunately one and probably the most widespread applications in this reasoning process is denial of information and experience that doesn't fit within closely guarded parameters. I had a good friend for many years, both of us long-standing members of a spiritual organization, who related to me a 'dream' in which he flew around his house. Telling me about it, he pointed to the various elevated locations he occupied during the dream. I was excited at hearing his account and tried to explain to him that he had been out-of-body and what a fine OBE it was. He flatly denied it. The problem was the organization we both enjoyed relegated such phenomena to a heathen and misguided spiritual paradigm which, like astrology and spiritualism in general were not fit for the well-guided intellect. I reminded him of his dream over the coming years but he never changed his stance. It may be worth noting that I was a central figure in the local membership of this organization (Urantia) and a class moderator for years, but it hardly bothered me when the doctrine of the book's teaching departed from my own personal experience. And that's just my point, no author human or otherwise will ♥♥♥♥♥ what I know to be intimately true, I just set it aside, as there was a great deal to the book worthy of thought and discussion.

So there are many who make sense of the world around them by mere prejudice and this being a sanction of Western culture is not surprising. Since the dawn of the Age of Enlightenment free-thinking has been anathema to the values and needs of a cohesive and peaceful society. Daniel Boorstin in his book The Mysterious Science of the Law quotes Edmund Burke, the 18th century philosopher and "high priest of the Mystery of the Law":

"We are afraid to put men to live and trade each on his own private stock of reason because we suspect that this stock in each man is small, and that the individuals would do better to avail themselves of the general bank and capital of nations and of ages. Many of our men of speculation, instead of exploding general prejudices, employ their sagacity to discover the latent wisdom which prevails in them. If they find what they seek, and they seldom fail, they think it more wise to continue the prejudice, with the reason involved, than to cast away the coat of prejudice and to leave nothing but the naked reason; because prejudice, with its reason, has a motive to give action to that reason, and an affection which will give it permanence. Prejudice is of ready application in an emergency; it previously engages the mind in a steady course of wisdom and virtue, does not leave the man hesitating in the moment of decision, sceptical, puzzled, and unresolved. Prejudice renders a man’s virtue his habit; and not a series of unconnected acts. Through just prejudice, his duty becomes a part of his nature."

Peculiar isn't it? Naturally we need to forget the taint the word 'prejudice' has garnered since the Civil Rights movement in order to better understand Burke's homily. All he is saying here is the cumulative body of the Law has decided through the ages what is good and bad, right and wrong, and the wise man will not subject this Mystery of Nature, the Law, to his meager and naked reason, but rather exploit its prejudice toward his own selfish and sagacious means and ends. It may sound peculiar but only because we hate to be so boldly and eloquently reminded that others are doing our thinking for us and we're taking it hook, line and sinker because it's easier that way. We don't really care what is 'right' nearly so much as we care for our survival and so we pragmatically employ our sagacity to put a personal spin on the merciless demands of an unfeeling oligarchy lording over our social, political and spiritual lives; and the pay-off is profit, be it dollars or some other advantage.

Parroting of a proffered ethic (and all understanding reduces to an ethic) is one and the most common means of making sense of the world around and within us but if we are able to lay that aside we are faced with the far greater challenge. To think for ourselves means to be held accountable for the course our destiny pursues. This is a grave thought considering the infinitude of phenomena awaiting our discovery, and the many traps and blinds along the way. Of only one thing can we be certain and that is uncertainty. But no less that I came to ‘know’ dreams and consciousness independent of body in its many fantastic shapes and expressions, I’ll explore UFO’s and aliens and with the same ‘show me’ attitude.

~~~

Now, finally finished with that I can think about what may be my first ‘lesson’ in UFOlogy in the form of a dream a few nights ago. Thinking of UFOs and Aliens I am forced to consider life on other planets and in this dream I and a couple of others (probably Teacher/Helpers) were stranded on an unknown planet. We fashioned a crude shelter of what I think was left of our ship high on a mountain and then descended to see what we might learn of any intelligent life to be found. We spotted some odd little creatures but then happened on a fairly traditional though mainly glass home which was pretty cool. Then from not far away a door to like a cellar opened and a little Danny DeVito guy came marching out hurling invectives my way. He wasn’t physically threatening but just stomped around complaining about our presence best I could tell.

It was another one of those dreams I should have recorded immediately on waking and didn’t so that’s all I’ve got of it.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 30th September 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

dreamosis Guest

Re: A Journal from day one.

If you're going to be researching and trying to perceive or contact aliens in the innerworlds, you might like Montalk's series of articles Discerning Alien Disinformation.

http://montalk.net/alien

The articles suggest how to discern between positive and negative factions of aliens.

I've personally seen three UFOs in my life, one I can't explain, one I think was probably a stealth government craft, and one that might have been an optical illusion, but it seems unlikely it was.

I've never physically beheld an alien, that I know of. I've certainly interacted with incredibly strange beings in lucid dreams and projections. Whether to label them "alien" or not, I don't know.

Blog Entries

I read a good deal from the link you provided, dreamosis, and thought much of it pretty repugnant, especially when the author listed the many phsychological interferences aliens could inflict on us. He gave as an example a situation where a person had an inspired idea that if carried through could lead to desirable results but then an alien comes along and throws cold water on it and the idea fizzles out. We simply cannot affort to have this sort of mindset else we would all be convinced that aliens are controlling our lives, this being such a common experience for all people. To couch our failures big and small in terms of alien intervention is to open a pandora's box from which there is little escape.

At this point I had decided to post an "end of thread" to this and be done with it, then Sono posted a dream in Dream Journal about meeting aliens and i felt somehow she(he?) had had MY dream. This is what I would expect from my teachers, the way they work, and yet it wasn't my dream.

Anyway, I'll go back to that thread and add something there and consider the matter still open.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I meant "Dreaming Forum"
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

So is this one still open?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Yeah, still open, CFT
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I'm thinking this is curious or something, not sure, but thought I'd journal it for whatever.

Korpo posted a dream in which he was a robot defending a white castle from another invading bot:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20911

His description reminded me of the UFO's captured by near-ultraviolet camera swarming around a lost tether in space.
    http://www.top10ufo.com/photos/displayi ... m=13&pos=6

I'm forced to consider that his dream is related if only because I thought it was. These 'intelligences', even if only artifical, investigating an ionically charged structure in space, appearing and disappearing to the ultraviolet sensitivity of the camera reminded me of Oliver.

I swatted a fly, but he got back on six feet and I thought he was going to fly off again so I smacked him again - for good. I was thinking for the fly; "Hey? I think I'm going to make it... ." But no, he didn't.

The fly wasn't thinking. It was merely trying to function again. Korpo was not able to consider his dream - his life as a mere function and dismissed my thoughts. There must be more meaning - Give me meaning, I need meaning! Well, maybe UFO's and Korpo's and eyeoneblack's are mere functioning things - it's possible.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Please don't swat me.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I don't want to scare you off but here is a short list of names (I could give you may more) to help you in your investigations: Tom Carey (on Roswell- sorry), Linda Moulton Howe, Jon Lear, Richard Hoagland.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)