a while back i posted about negative thoughts that were creeping into my consciousness, since coming back to my home city.
i can't find the post, so i guess it was lost during the issues a while back the forum had.

since posting i've been observing, and dealing with the issue with no difficulties.
my observations have led me to the conclusion that i am indeed picking up on the 'stray' energies of the people/area i live in/near.

yesterday, in another thread, Dreamosis said something that caught my eye, pretty much summing up the people i am surrounded by in this part of town -

"I lean toward saying that Negs don't seem to realize that (1) they can't indefinitely sustain selfishness, especially steadily increasing magnitudes of it, without consequence; and (2) their selfishness provides benefit to others...

If we take Negs with the assumption that they're basically ignorant (they don't realize some things), then you can see that they need to be dealt with accordingly. You could say the most powerful ones are like genius children. They're very smart, able, cunning, and can manipulate with subtlety, but they lack the big-picture wisdom of an adult and ultimately depend on other kids or adults for their survival
."

yes, i know the quote is concerning 'negs', but it truly does sum up the populace of the neighbourhood i have to walk thru every day, particularly one or two streets.
i only encounter these energies in this one particular area of town. it's one of the oldest 'communities' in the city, and has had a long standing identity of being a 'less desirable' neighbourhood, with plenty of drug/alcohol/violence issues throughout it's history.
it's by no means what i'd describe as a 'ghetto'. the energy is older, Edinburgh is a very old city. the very ground and buildings feels steeped in it..

i discussed this with a sensitive friend the other day. she told me she's never enjoyed being in that part of town, and couldn't handle having to live there.
it makes me wonder what would be necessary to create a different energy in such an area?
if the very buildings are holding such energy within them, as it feels, would anything short of demolishing the place and starting again have any real effect?
perhaps the ground itself holds onto such energy. i know places in the north of Scotland where fell deeds have taken place, and now, many centuries later, there is a definite palpable energy in those places.