Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Negative Thoughts (revisited)

Negative Thoughts (revisited)

a while back i posted about negative thoughts that were creeping into my consciousness, since coming back to my home city.
    i can't find the post, so i guess it was lost during the issues a while back the forum had.

since posting i've been observing, and dealing with the issue with no difficulties.
    my observations have led me to the conclusion that i am indeed picking up on the 'stray' energies of the people/area i live in/near.

yesterday, in another thread, Dreamosis said something that caught my eye, pretty much summing up the people i am surrounded by in this part of town -

"I lean toward saying that Negs don't seem to realize that (1) they can't indefinitely sustain selfishness, especially steadily increasing magnitudes of it, without consequence; and (2) their selfishness provides benefit to others...

If we take Negs with the assumption that they're basically ignorant (they don't realize some things), then you can see that they need to be dealt with accordingly. You could say the most powerful ones are like genius children. They're very smart, able, cunning, and can manipulate with subtlety, but they lack the big-picture wisdom of an adult and ultimately depend on other kids or adults for their survival
    ."

yes, i know the quote is concerning 'negs', but it truly does sum up the populace of the neighbourhood i have to walk thru every day, particularly one or two streets.
    i only encounter these energies in this one particular area of town. it's one of the oldest 'communities' in the city, and has had a long standing identity of being a 'less desirable' neighbourhood, with plenty of drug/alcohol/violence issues throughout it's history.
    it's by no means what i'd describe as a 'ghetto'. the energy is older, Edinburgh is a very old city. the very ground and buildings feels steeped in it..

i discussed this with a sensitive friend the other day. she told me she's never enjoyed being in that part of town, and couldn't handle having to live there.
    it makes me wonder what would be necessary to create a different energy in such an area?
    if the very buildings are holding such energy within them, as it feels, would anything short of demolishing the place and starting again have any real effect?
    perhaps the ground itself holds onto such energy. i know places in the north of Scotland where fell deeds have taken place, and now, many centuries later, there is a definite palpable energy in those places.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: Negative Thoughts (revisited)

Hmmmm.

Honestly, can't say.

I have a feeling that the energy of the place attracts people who then perpetuate the energy. As they are lacking the tools of awareness (like the ones you employ) or willingness to learn and use them, what can be done?

I wonder if the energy would shift elsewhere over time if the people went elsewhere. I also wonder if the people would go elsewhere if they perceived a shift in energy.

This is a comparable to a scenario I wondered about a lot many years ago - is the moment of lucidity painful to the heavy alcoholic? The alcoholic drinks himself into oblivion. But even then he experiences from time to time lucidity, a moment of existential pain (I would think) where he realises to some degree the damage, the ruin and the ever-increasing problems he is faced with, only to drink more to quell the feeling.

Similarly, if you are used to negativity, harbor negative thoughts, perpetuate unhappy habits, feeling the light in any form might become painful. So, it might be that if you improve conditions energetically, it might be that people with problematic energies themselves might be pushed out.

I think this is possible. Am I too off-topic?

Cheers,
    Oliver

not too off topic.
    it's an interesting question, that of the addict's moments of clarity.
    i reckon they'd be bitter-sweet.
    the actual clarity isn't wasted on the addict. they would undoubtedly enjoy it for what it is, but at the same time, it only accentuates how far they've slipped from what is essentially their true/original state.

i've observed this myself before, in friends who've embraced sobriety for a time, after having had drinking problems. the clear times are truly when they are at peace and genuinely happy. often expressing their "never again" speeches, with good intent.
    and many times it only takes a tiny slip up in their resolve, to send them tumbling back down the spiral of self destructive suffering.

oh, and i should mention, this was while living in the very area i'm talking about!
    it was also in this area that i had my darkest times, before i managed to get out of here...
    and for some reason i feel like i have to be here just now...possibly to prove to myself that i've outgrown it and am strong enough to resist it..
    something like that.

Neil,

perhaps though Neil is the tradeoff that you are a beacon of positive energy giving to and relieving them of. empathically

one just has to be on their toes, knowing where they do begin and end when it comes to others. detachment and dispassion, even if your heart attaches compassionately with your observant witness of the world around you.

as such, i suggest the practice of taking periodic retreats, as there are such places provided all around us if we just awaken to there seemingly coincidental placement. reenergize by touching what you resonate with/to, and also meet like-spirited folks.

some of the hardest hit by negativity within are those who carry the greater burden of transmuting otherwise emerging self-destructive energy around them. we cannot predict what our soul mission is within our deep underlying being.

i rather imagine, as in the book of Job, that what is Satan doesnt need to assault those within such a minded grasp, and like poor ole Job, sifts the ones of the more positive ilk.

kinda like a mass filter of humanity, some pores get obstructed and are unable to sift, while open pores are cleared and open and thusly become inordinate conduits for the many obstructed pores.

in many spiritual writings there is given the ratios within humanity of those which unknowingly serve the greater whole in every given generation.

it is all about resonance, higher frequencys that provide upward mobility for lower disabled energys manifesting all about them.

kinda like a lightning strike to the earth's ground, requiring a positive lead to spring up or to be present, for the connectivity given in that permission.

the very same works in reverse, often lightning has been seen to emerge from the ground to strike/meet the receiving polarity offered in the sky.

in dreams, such folk often find themselves helping others, strangers who've been drawn to a more positive domain.

likewise, it is a known fact that religious chanting of all cultures have upheld this world for centuries, keeping it just short of the brink of all consuming human calamity.

but, now we see the decline and aging out of monasticism, and a huge rise in laypersons combining monastic practices with their world oriented lifestyles. not to mention increase in everyday folks who unbeknownst to themselves are becoming more and more burdened in the transmutation of negative energies.

but, we have to imagine that on the soul level, that humans incarnate to the appointed time with purpose, even if that is not a meaningful remembrance, and confuses the hell out our human existence in the pursuit of happiness.

this is our human brevity however, while it is our longevity that would underlyingly guide humanity forth toward its appointed destination of mass awakedness and self-awareness in true being.

one just keeps the faith, because it is ever faith which keeps everyone.

perhaps...

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

It occurs to me that if it would have to be dealt with, I would think it would have to be dealt with as a haunted house (a very large one) determine who's doing the haunting, why the attitude (being so old, it probably comes from a time where life was cheap and torture and death was common) and what can be done about it- it is my opinion that spirits at unrest are dealt differently than negative elementals- so depending on what used to be there before (burial grounds, prisons, etc) it would give you a clue as to what is influencing the area?

And yes, I think that it is probably a 'haunting' type of situation, and the 'magnet' theory applies.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Tim, indeed, periodic retreats to recharge the positive energies have become a frequent pastime since i came back.
    i spend so much time up on Arthur's Seat, or indeed out of the city. it's wonderful. i'm growing healthier on every level, and my connection with Gaia grows daily..

CF, it was originally a maritime port, and there are numerous graveyards etc... i think also there were hangings and 'witches' burned around here too. tho i'd have to look into that...hmmm..

Blog Entries

Also see if there are large quantities of limestone or quartz underneath the city- it appears that they seem to act as a matrix to trap the 'vibration' of the place (or so some think,)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

interesting...it was an active volcano long ago, but i'll check out the geology and see what else is under there..

hmmm...geology doesn't reveal much, sandstone and carboniferous volcanic rocks for the most part...
    however, the Leith Links (the park right next to the very streets i'm talking about), was used as a mass grave for plague victims, during one of the worst outbreaks the city endured.

Alaskans Guest

If you are 'arrogant' enough you can replace and alter the energy of the place yourself. It will take persistent work over maybe a few months but would benifit you by helping you develope a skill. If you percieve the energy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast