Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Series

Jananz Guest

Twilight Series

I don't know if this series is actually healthy.
    I left the latest Eclipse movie today and felt anemic, oxygen deprived, immune depressed, heart deflated with a billious liver.

The entire excuse for the series is the sick drive of Bella Swan to become a blood sucking vampire supposedly to be for eternity with her blood sucking Edward. This dark and precipitous addiction is veiled in a false virtue of a bland chastity and the sick temptation of superpowers...with little regard for the fact that vampires are parasites and reliant on the life they suck out of others. I think this movie and its author are as blood sucking as the characters they portray.
    Conceptually and energetically Twilight is not a healthy light to expose young kids to. But society is too sick to even know it.

Blog Entries

Re: Twilight Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jananz
    I don't think so. For one thing, it encourages bland young women to take all manner of emotional abuse from monsterous men in the name of "love".

I left the latest Eclipse movie today and felt anemic, oxygen deprived, immune depressed, heart deflated with a billious liver.
    I haven't seen any of the films, nor read any of the books, nor do I intend to. Vampires are not romantic as far as I'm concerned. They're addicts at best and predators at worst.

The entire excuse for the series is the sick drive of Bella Swan to become a blood sucking vampire supposedly to be for eternity with her blood sucking Edward.
    Yes, and no matter how crappy he treats her, she keeps going back for more. Talk about codependent.

Conceptually and energetically Twilight is not a healthy light to expose young kids to. But society is too sick to even know it.
    Oh, plenty of people have noticed, and commented (which is how I know so much about the books; I read the literary and social critiques). It's just that the masses are, in general, quite ignorant in all senses of the word. I can't understand why these books have become so popular, other than they tap into some sort of codependent need that some people have to be in addictive relationships.

The stuff that passes for "romance" and "love" always makes me wonder what the hell is going on in the world...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

show me a big budget hollywood production that is aimed at promoting a healthy state of mind...with the exception of Avatar, i can't really think of any right now.
    it was a stressful movie to watch. i watched it the other day and was surprised at how tense i was during some parts.
    isn't that the intention of most horror movies? it is essentially a horror/fantasy.

The entire excuse for the series is the sick drive of Bella Swan to become a blood sucking vampire supposedly to be for eternity with her blood sucking Edward.
    come on, she's not driven to try to become a vampire. she's simply a teenager who believes so strongly in her love that she'll go to any length to keep it.
    This dark and precipitous addiction is veiled in a false virtue of a bland chastity and the sick temptation of superpowers..
    the dude spends the whole series telling her how awful it is to be soul-less, and persuading her that she doesn't want to become one of them. and the temptation of superpowers...like psychic ability?? hmmm...now if only i could find a place where i could discuss clairvoyance with folk...
    with little regard for the fact that vampires are parasites and reliant on the life they suck out of others.
    the whole movie is a sequence of moments where Bella is shown the human stuff, the "life", she'll be leaving behind, and in this movie, for the first time in the series, we see "new-borns", who are the raging animal/parasites you're talking about, and they're the "bad guys" here. there's plenty of regard to the fact that they're parasites, in this movie more than the others.
    I think this movie and its author are as blood sucking as the characters they portray.
    isn't there an age limit? i'm not sure young kids would be watching this without parental permission.
    to be honest, with all the other really f*#ked up stuff out there available to watch, i'd say this love story is far less concerning than some of the real violent stuff out there.

and that's what this is, teenage love. we've all been there, felt it, right?
    how all-encompassing it is in that moment. nothing else matters to a teenager in love.
    we've all been there, and so the movies are hugely popular.
    and i don't remember any part where he treats her like crap. he does nothing but protect her the whole series.

there's a vampire boom going on right now, in fact, all things supernatural are becoming more "mainstream" viewing.
    i see it as a sign of the times, of our general awakening state. the understanding that we are more than just our five senses, is slowly becoming an acceptable idea, thru the medium of our tv's and movies. that's how it works...
    when first contact happens, much of the population will be without fear, because the idea of alien beings is so commonplace within our psyche, thanks to tv and cinema.
    what we see on the outside is a reflection of what we know on the inside. consciously or not.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    isn't that the intention of most horror movies? it is essentially a horror/fantasy.
    I'd say the intention of most horror movie makers is to gain fame and fortune. However, the effect can be cathartic - releasing fear.

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    I'd say the intention of most horror movie makers is to gain fame and fortune. However, the effect can be cathartic - releasing fear.

Oliver
    i dunno about that.
    i'm quite sure some of the classic horror movie makers are more about their art than achieving fame and fortune.

Blog Entries

What would be a "classic horror movie" to you? I was more thinking about the last decades of splatter movies.

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    What would be a "classic horror movie" to you? I was more thinking about the last decades of splatter movies.

Oliver
    ok, yeah, fair enough.
    i was thinking like George A Romero... Living Dead and all that kinda stuff...

Jananz Guest

Yes the sensitivity, viseral communication and psi were good to see, but in the context of such pathology...this made it all the more sick and sickening.

Perhaps humanity is in a love crisis in general. We are having to move away from the romantic, codependent, addictive, possessive, nuclear models of relationship...but we have no examples, models or seriously focused description of what a higher-creative male-female relationship would be. This is what the movie industry should be focused on...after all the ♥♥♥♥ers are supposed to be goddam artists...not parasites!
    Zero Care.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... ar-weapons
    See the Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto’s amazing animation of the history of the world's nuclear explosions. This is an extremely grave, but present problem of the world...the problem of "male mental illness" associated with testosterone and the lust for power combined with a paranoid fear of the "other."

Blog Entries

I have to say that I have read the books (thanks to having a niece who is very much into this) and they are not at all as you all have portrayed them.
    It's not a story about a bland person who wants to turn into a bloodsucker, and it does not make a woman go back to her abuser.
    It is a stupid teenage tale of two supernatural groups who are at war against each other and the one human teenager who somehow makes them unite against evil.
    In a literary level it is maudlin, cheesy and juvenile, and overdramatizes all the teenage-angsty things that it portrays in a very shallow way, and it reflects the shallowness of the culture that spawned it.
    However, it is empowering for women and it promotes understanding and peace, if you can take all the overdramatic crybaby stuff, especially in the second book *bleah*. Luckily they cut it shorter in the movie.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    In a literary level it is maudlin, cheesy and juvenile, and overdramatizes all the teenage-angsty things that it portrays in a very shallow way, and it reflects the shallowness of the culture that spawned it.
    Maybe that's what's so objectionable about it. The international celebration of vapidness.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    However, it is empowering for women and it promotes understanding and peace, if you can take all the overdramatic crybaby stuff, especially in the second book
    Well, I'll take your word for it, but I'm not going to read the books to find out firsthand.

In my universe, I can't imagine how a teenaged girl who is "in love" with a how-many-year-old vampire (what is he, more than a century old or something?) is in any way romantic or empowering, even if the dude DOES sparkle. I guess I'm just not into the bloodsucking thing. (I generally don't like Ann Rice novels, either, I must admit.) And I'm probably too old. *shakes cane*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03jmrAv0A60

May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast