Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Twilight Series

Re: Twilight Series

I haven't seen any of the films, nor read any of the books, nor do I intend to. Vampires are not romantic as far as I'm concerned. They're addicts at best and predators at worst.
    I don't see why being a predator should be considered evil, maybe it's not heroic, but I think your looking at this from a human centric sort of view. Humans animals and even plants consume other life to survive (humans often do this in a much more barbaric way then vampires are portrayed doing so). Maybe being a predator isn't nessecerily heroic, but I think its equally wrong to demonize that sort of existence as that's what humans are as well, predators who feed on plant and animal life, often causing great suffering in the process.

Though , that being said from what I've seen of the twilight series it looks pretty bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    They're addicts at best and predators at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by defectron
    I don't see why being a predator should be considered evil
    Perhaps I've just had too much experience with predatory people, including psychic/emotional vampires. Those kinds of people seduce you in various ways and draw you in, only to use you for their own purposes, quite possibly to your detriment. Have you ever dealt with any serious addicts? It's not natural, it's not pretty, it's not romantic, and it's not sexy.

We're not talking about lions eating gazelles here.

I think your looking at this from a human centric sort of view.
    Possibly because I'm human?

I can step back and look at the situation from a much broader POV, yes. I can move to a point where there IS no good and evil, and I can see it that way and understand it fully.

That doesn't mean I want to read the Twilight series, or that I'm going to invite vampires (of any sort) over to my house to feed on me.

I think its equally wrong to demonize that sort of existence as that's what humans are as well, predators who feed on plant and animal life, often causing great suffering in the process.
    I still don't find that sexy or romantic or appealing, which was my original position and which I still hold. Unless I want to step into a broader POV and do the whole "there is no evil/good" thing, which I can do. *shrug* It is what it is.

I'm going to stop talking now. I'm getting into one of those funks, possibly permanent, where nothing I say is understood the way I intended it to be. When that starts happening, it's time to shut up.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Perhaps I've just had too much experience with predatory people, including psychic/emotional vampires. Those kinds of people seduce you in various ways and draw you in, only to use you for their own purposes, quite possibly to your detriment. Have you ever dealt with any serious addicts? It's not natural, it's not pretty, it's not romantic, and it's not sexy.

We're not talking about lions eating gazelles here.
    Well that is true, an addict is something different then a predator, a predator is something that consumes other organisms to survive, wheras an addict indulges in something because its too weak not to. I guess it depends on how vampires are depicted in fiction as there are some who fit the predator model and others who fit the addict. I don't know which the vampires in twilight would be as I have no interest in the series given how dumb it looks.

Blog Entries

Jeez, srsly ppl!

https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ouroboros Guest

Serious Snape is Serious.

Blog Entries

https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4