Well, Jackie Chan's movies surely have more comical elements and a lot less "self-contained violence." I don't feel like watching a Jackie Chan movie, but "Shanghai Noon" is most certainly preferrable to let's say Norris' "Missing in Action," which I was thinking of. This is exactly the kind of 80s action flick that got ironically immortalised in "Hot Shots 2" where Charlie Sheen is shooting anonymous Iraqi Soldiers till he's out of ammo while at the bottom of the screen there's some kill counter running.

At different times over the years I watched action flicks, gangster movies, played action games, shooters, etc. I've also watched most of that fade back out of my life. Even "Pulp Fiction" is gathering dust on my shelf nowadays.

I wonder if these things leave residue that needs to be cleansed out of the system. If you watch TV you certainly watch a lot of violence, murder, drama and worse. Think "SAW." At the same time I don't think it's that harmful, unless it gets into the hands of kids, real kids I mean. What's harmful to me is that there is always another extreme, like I never watched "Hostel" nor wanted to and found "Silent Hill" too much of an assault on my nervous system with its music-video-like nonsense cuts and scene changes.

So, I guess maybe that was part of why I had this series of dreams - sort of a rerun that purged part of it out of my system.

Oliver