Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Using the Dream State to Affect Waking Reality.

Blog Entries

Using the Dream State to Affect Waking Reality.

I'm referring to two experiments carried out by Ian Wilson.

A gifted lucid dreamer, Wilson began to get a sense of when he was in a precognitive dream and experimented with seeing if he could affect waking reality from the dream state. On one occasion, he dreamt he was at work with a colleague and lucidly took the initiative to point his finger at his colleague's head and draw a triangle at distance with intention. Soon after, he found himself in a similar waking life situation so he went with the dream scenario and pointed his finger at his colleague's head and was able to form a perfect little red triangle that made another co-worker scream and his colleague run off to the bathroom to see what he had done.

On another occasion, he used his dream intention to reshape a dream cloud into a triangle, thus confirming he was dreaming. Shortly after the dream, he realised his dream was actualising as he walked home from a friend's house and was able to form the cloud as in the dream.

These are two examples. He says he had so many like this that he lost count!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: Using the Dream State to Affect Waking Reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I'm referring to two experiments carried out by Ian Wilson.

A gifted lucid dreamer, Wilson began to get a sense of when he was in a precognitive dream and experimented with seeing if he could affect waking reality from the dream state. On one occasion, he dreamt he was at work with a colleague and lucidly took the initiative to point his finger at his colleague's head and draw a triangle at distance with intention. Soon after, he found himself in a similar waking life situation so he went with the dream scenario and pointed his finger at his colleague's head and was able to form a perfect little red triangle that made another co-worker scream and his colleague run off to the bathroom to see what he had done.

On another occasion, he used his dream intention to reshape a dream cloud into a triangle, thus confirming he was dreaming. Shortly after the dream, he realised his dream was actualising as he walked home from a friend's house and was able t form the cloud as in the dream.

These are two examples. He says he had so many like this that he lost count!
    Quite amazing indeed if he can really to control physical reality in this way. Imagine the possibilities. It's like instant manifestation and complete manipulation of matter.

But it's only possible for him when he's in a precog dream? I suppose that does limit the possibilities a bit, or at least sets the framework.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

This seems like a wonderful opportunity to use this method to try to help remove the oil from the ocean. Imagine what a surprise it would be if the oil started just shrinking and disappearing, for no apparent reason.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    This seems like a wonderful opportunity to use this method to try to help remove the oil from the ocean. Imagine what a surprise it would be if the oil started just shrinking and disappearing, for no apparent reason.
    What a totally cool idea. Now that would be dreaming for Gaia!
    Williams)

Blog Entries

In my reckoning clouds don't count, so he's only given us one of so many he can't count. I'm all for it, but not on the basis of this evidence and tesitmony.

Sorry, sometimes I'm no fun.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I'd count the cloud since he caused it to form with intention. No need to apologise though, the best way with these things is always to prove it for yourself. There are plenty of experiences I've had myself that I'm sure people would disbelieve outright and I dare say I've believed things that weren't at all true as well but that's okay. Such is life.
    Williams)

I tried this in the past but was totally blocked. It SHOULD work but...
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    I tried this in the past but was totally blocked. It SHOULD work but...
    Bummer
    Williams)

i've done this successfully at least once in the past, using the dream state to change my own habits in waking reality. is that the same?
    i didn't affect anything other than myself, but knowing that there is no separation, it's basically the same thing, right?
    it was a very empowering moment in my battle against substance abuse... i'm sure i posted about it here a couple of years ago...

i often find myself waking from a dream, and realising i've missed another opportunity to do something similar...
    imagine we could all use this potential...wisely...what kind of world we'd have...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    i often find myself waking from a dream, and realising i've missed another opportunity to do something similar...
    Next time that happens, you could just go back and relax, continuing the dream or change the dream in the way you think appropriate. That is a kind of meditation technique and often brings very good results! In that way you do not miss another chance, but instead take it.
    + Alienor +

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast