Thread: New Dream Experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

New Dream Experiment

I'm not sure I'll be up for this myself in the coming weeks because I'm busy but I thought I'd propose it and if people are interested and want to get started, we could see if it bears fruit. I'd like to play at some point though. This idea is inspired from my having read that psychiatrists who used dream interpretation as a tool often report their patients psychically picking up on events from their lives.

My proposal is that someone nominates to set the dream sign. A small group of dreamers then goes to work to see if it can pick up psychically on what's been set. I'm not sure if we'd have to attempt this all in one day, say the dreamer thinks about the sign constantly and meditates on it for that day, or if we could have a person transmitting for the course of a week. Anyway, it would have to be something distinctive such as a green Leprechaun's hat or some such thing. So, the group of receivers record their dreams for a week and they decide if something unusual stands out or repeats. Then they list unusual things in this thread and we see if we start getting overlaps.

The transmitter shares, via pm, their intended dream sign with a trusted forum member who is not involved in guessing and who agrees to secrecy. When the week is up and all guesses are in, the transmitter shares what the sign was and we go from there.

If you like, I'm happy to transmit the first sign for a week. I'll choose someone not taking part in the experiment with which to share the sign. Please let me know if you want to play.

1. Transmitter sets dream sign and shares it with someone sworn to secrecy who can later confirm it.
    2. Transmitter focusses on that image/idea for a specified time (1 to 7 days as agreed by whole group).
    3. The group records dreams
    4. Group members consider their dreams over the specified period and examine if something stands out: maybe it recurs, it comes with the odd feeling or an announcement that this is the dream sign, it's a bit different to usual.
    5. The dreamers have time to list what it might be. They can revise their list if they see something on another list that they've also dreamt.
    6. The transmitter announces the sign and the trusted member confirms.
    7. Debrief if desired.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: New Dream Experiment

Note: I've attempted to remove most of the weird ’ characters from the text of most of the posts. They happen when formats change, different systems. The culprits are ", ', and ;. Different systems don't translate smoothly.
    Some posts could not be changed, if they were very long (max is 18000 characters and 8 illustrations.) When I tried to edit some of them, to reduce the size of the giant characters and remove the ’s from the text, it told me the posts were too large and had too many illustrations. The only fix for this would be to cut out half the text and post it on a different date (which would be a disaster, because half the images would go away and the posts would be out of sequence), so I just left them the way they were.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.