Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Blog Entries

Re: New Dream Experiment

as a newbie to all of this I need to ask: do pre-sleep affirmations work (like done for lucid dream or AP inductions) such as for example "I will recognize and remember Beekeeper's dream sign" or sth similar, or is there a better method from your experience? Should I maybe think of your avatar (I like giraffes ) to make it even stronger?
    I will probably do both (concentrate on her and do affirmations) but I don't recommend using "I will" statements. I think "I recognize and remember Beekeeper's dream sign" is good, or something similar.

I plan to record my dreams as usual- it's better to describe all you get instead of trying to discern what is 'of value' in dreams. You'd be surprised how the subconscious rearranges what you get.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Is the pre-decision discussion via pms or in this thread? Does it have to be just one solution? What if there are more than just one possible signs considered or we cannot settle on one?
    If one has not had enough dreams remembered or clear signs to be considered, could we then prolong the trial period?
    Since it's a group effort a collegial approach is best, I think. So, you guys decide how you want to do it. I was thinking that if we "think out loud" in this thread, then anyone following the experiment can watch how it unfolds. Here's what I propose:

1. Record your dreams electronically for the week if you can to save copying later.
    2. When everyone has had their seven nights of sleep, you can start sharing your impression of what it might be, reading what others have written and possibly revising. Keep all discussion public.
    3. I'll keep a journal reacting to anything significant and keep that aside to post at the end, so I don't affect the outcome.
    4. When you guys feel you've cross referenced sufficiently, you can independently state your feeling about what it might be. Go with your gut and remember, it's meant to be fun. If you can't decide between two possibilities, that's fine, just state what they are.
    5. We will try not to prolong the period if we can but we will see if we can discover an optimal time frame if we carry this experiment out more than once.
    6. At the end, we can draw conclusions based on our experiences.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Starting tonight?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Yes, I've already spent the day projecting the idea as words and images. I took a good long meditation session this afternoon and used the idea as a mantra. I also visualised it in a number of different ways. I've created an image of the idea to stimulate me to think of it during the day and send it randomly. Before sleep I'll focus on it again.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I've already spent the day projecting the idea as words and images.
    Having conducted in the neighborhood of 40 or so Remote Viewing experiments I feel I should offer a little much unneeded input. Words and mental images are too indifinitive to be of much use. I once used a hunting trophy (horns of an antelope) - but anything else I used still applies - and the psychic guesses ran far afield but only if you saw the picture of the target could you then tie everything together.

I'm suggesting the image be backed with a picture. Who knows, a person's idea of an image or thing may morph over time or at least be more of less definitive over time - but a picture of a leprechaun's hat is what it is.

Just my thoughts.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I already had the first nap dream written down for this, counting this as "Day/Night 1."

Today is a good day for recall. I like it.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    as a newbie to all of this I need to ask: do pre-sleep affirmations work (like done for lucid dream or AP inductions) such as for example "I will recognize and remember Beekeeper's dream sign" or sth similar, or is there a better method from your experience? Should I maybe think of your avatar (I like giraffes ) to make it even stronger?
    I will probably do both (concentrate on her and do affirmations) but I don't recommend using "I will" statements. I think "I recognize and remember Beekeeper's dream sign" is good, or something similar.

I plan to record my dreams as usual- it's better to describe all you get instead of trying to discern what is 'of value' in dreams. You'd be surprised how the subconscious rearranges what you get.
    Yes, of course, thanks for reminding me, right, "I do ... now" are better affirmations (as I already knew from AP or LD inductions).

Yes, I do record my dreams in notes as best as I can (which is difficult cuz they are pretty weird and seemingly incoherent too often). I will try afterwards to "single out" any possible striking dream signs.

However, I am skeptic that it will work for me at all. But that's what I thought about AP and lucid dreams too, before I had them. So being cool and giving it a try is all that counts now.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Night one

I had one too. Will come back to fill it out.

Blog Entries

Re: Night one

I thought we shouldn't till end of week?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Night one

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I thought we shouldn't till end of week?

Oliver
    Exactly! Which is why I'll come back to fill it out.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast