Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Blog Entries

New Dream Experiment

I'm not sure I'll be up for this myself in the coming weeks because I'm busy but I thought I'd propose it and if people are interested and want to get started, we could see if it bears fruit. I'd like to play at some point though. This idea is inspired from my having read that psychiatrists who used dream interpretation as a tool often report their patients psychically picking up on events from their lives.

My proposal is that someone nominates to set the dream sign. A small group of dreamers then goes to work to see if it can pick up psychically on what's been set. I'm not sure if we'd have to attempt this all in one day, say the dreamer thinks about the sign constantly and meditates on it for that day, or if we could have a person transmitting for the course of a week. Anyway, it would have to be something distinctive such as a green Leprechaun's hat or some such thing. So, the group of receivers record their dreams for a week and they decide if something unusual stands out or repeats. Then they list unusual things in this thread and we see if we start getting overlaps.

The transmitter shares, via pm, their intended dream sign with a trusted forum member who is not involved in guessing and who agrees to secrecy. When the week is up and all guesses are in, the transmitter shares what the sign was and we go from there.

If you like, I'm happy to transmit the first sign for a week. I'll choose someone not taking part in the experiment with which to share the sign. Please let me know if you want to play.

1. Transmitter sets dream sign and shares it with someone sworn to secrecy who can later confirm it.
    2. Transmitter focusses on that image/idea for a specified time (1 to 7 days as agreed by whole group).
    3. The group records dreams
    4. Group members consider their dreams over the specified period and examine if something stands out: maybe it recurs, it comes with the odd feeling or an announcement that this is the dream sign, it's a bit different to usual.
    5. The dreamers have time to list what it might be. They can revise their list if they see something on another list that they've also dreamt.
    6. The transmitter announces the sign and the trusted member confirms.
    7. Debrief if desired.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: New Dream Experiment

i'm quite "busy" focusing on my dreams right now, so i'm not gonna play.
    i can be the "trusted member" if u like.

also, just out of curiosity, i won't open the PM until the end of the week, and we'll see if i picked up on it too.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Hello, Beek.

I'd propose that the person broadcasting the symbol also documents what she or he did to broadcast the symbol.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

PS - I would like to participate, but not as the broadcaster. I would be very interested in what comes up. I also like the time frame of a week, because I cannot guarantee that I recall a dream every night.

Just be sure to pick something really strange, whoever gets to pick.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I'd also like to participate, but not as the broadcaster either. So we need a broadcaster, Neil can be the 'trusted member' and once we have enough recruits we can set a date on when to start the week.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

That's really interesting.

I am working on recording my dreams (in the course of a normal lucidity enhancement process), but I think I am not (yet) good enough at remembering. I also have days/weeks marking strong and weak phases of dream memory. At the moment I am rather weak. So I don't not know if I could contribute anything at all.

Questions from a dream newbie: How does the broadcasting work? Shouldn't people for shared dreams be personally known / related to each other in some way to make it work? Does it really work (or did it before) with forum members scattered around the world? I know that the dream "world" is non-local like the astral in a way, but I always thought that personal relationship was of paramount importance for reaching good results.

Btw, I just started reading this book on the topic. Does anyone here know it already?

http://www.amazon.com/Group-Dreaming-Dr ... 314&sr=8-2

Interesting stuff anyway.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Hello, Volgerle.

I'm pretty sure it will work. We had good experiences in the past with dreaming for other people:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16606

So I think this experiment has a good chance of working, too.

Better not to think too much about how or why, let's just dive in!

Oliver

Blog Entries

Okay, I'll broadcast, that's not a problem, and I'll record the methods I use. I will share the sign with Neil.

I don't think scant or variable dream recall should matter, in fact it might be an advantage in this experiment.

I'll start today (it's Saturday July 17 in Australia) and continue until Saturday next week.

1. All you guys need to do is relax and confidently set the intention to pick up the dream sign before you sleep. Let's keep this playful and relaxed.

2. When you've had the full week's sleep, just post the word "Ready" in the thread so we know all time zones are covered.

3. When the three of you have done this, you can begin posting what you think the sign might be. At this point we can look for any overlaps. These in themselves could be interesting, even if they're not the actual sign.

4. If I have any lucid dreams in the coming week I will try to use the state to send you the dream sign. I'll record such dreams and send them to Neil as well. If you don't want me to potentially enter your dream, please let me know in advance. I would never do so deliberately without your consent.

5. I will also keep my dream journal because it's possible you may pick up on some of my dreams instead of the sign or even something from my waking life. If you do, I'll let you know. If it seems really personal, please send it as a pm.

6. When you're all finished deciding what you think the sign is, post it. I'll give you time to do this and ask you if you're ready to know what the sign is. Then Neil can confirm it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

You have my permission, which shouldn't be a problem.
    I am keeping a dream diary, so I may continue to do so, and not record it in the public forum so that we don't contaminate each other's ideas. I may post it in a private section of the forum and then move it to a public place afterwards, to keep the chronology intact.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    1. All you guys need to do is relax and confidently set the intention to pick up the dream sign before you sleep. Let's keep this playful and relaxed.
    as a newbie to all of this I need to ask: do pre-sleep affirmations work (like done for lucid dream or AP inductions) such as for example "I will recognize and remember Beekeeper's dream sign" or sth similar, or is there a better method from your experience? Should I maybe think of your avatar (I like giraffes ) to make it even stronger?
    4. If I have any lucid dreams in the coming week I will try to use the state to send you the dream sign. I'll record such dreams and send them to Neil as well. If you don't want me to potentially enter your dream, please let me know in advance. I would never do so deliberately without your consent.
    That's interesting. Yes of course, send or enter whatever and however you can.
    6. When you're all finished deciding what you think the sign is, post it. I'll give you time to do this and ask you if you're ready to know what the sign is. Then Neil can confirm it.
    Is the pre-decision discussion via pms or in this thread? Does it have to be just one solution? What if there are more than just one possible signs considered or we cannot settle on one?
    If one has not had enough dreams remembered or clear signs to be considered, could we then prolong the trial period?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast