Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Re: New Dream Experiment

Ready. Thursday morning here. As I will be away for some time, I post it now.
    There wasn't anything so striking of which I really think to be a symbol, but anyway, here a short filtered list:

1. money coin, a handful of money coins
    2. a grey cat (an animal popping up again into my apptment through the door (catflap?), and starving, asking to be fed, she says 'meow' - literally, It might have been little Susi, a cat of our household that died several years ago, this is the type: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/d ... A4user.JPG )
    3. woods and forests (and living there in a kind of home but with trees surrounding it)
    4. lots of massive bookshelves in a private appartment of a friend of mine, with lots of books in it
    5. keys (looking for keys in my trouser's pocket and hoping they will be the right ones)
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

No overlap with Volgerie as far as I can tell.

Maybe something related to countries - a globe or a world map?

Here are my dreams. I didn't bother trying to "see" it. I might later, if I can get it in time. I'm not feeling confident.

Second Dream Experiment
    Night 1
    Tuesday 27 July 2010

“In India”
    I wake up in India. I’m disappointed that G has gone out adventuring without me. I pass Narelle and she says something to me.
    Now I’m with G and he’s telling me about a new Indian language teacher at his school, I presume she’s teaching Hindi and think this is unusual.
    Again G is going out, this time with a group. I’m trying to catch up with them but I can’t match my socks and it’s slowing me down.

“Straggly Branch”
    I have a plant that could be a red hibiscus. I notice that it has a very long stem that is much too narrow at a mid point. It snaps off, as anticipated, but I’m not worried because underneath this straggly branch is a healthy, bushy plant.

“Liz Hayes”
    Is on TV speaking to the camera. She wears a grey suit jacket with nothing under it. It begins to gap open and expose her breasts. Surprised by this, I comment to G about what has occurred but he doesn’t react with much surprise.

“Shameful Things”
    Now G’s mum is complaining to me about drugs and other forms of corruption. The dream gets strange here. Something (some kind of robotic?) transports G and me from one destination to another. We’re looking at one wall with some kind of display and then we’re moved through storage sheds and an empty car park to a wall of “shameful things”. I cannot for the life of me identify these shameful things with anything real. I’m wondering if they’re meant to be condoms because they’re made of rubber or if they’re supposed to represent drugs, though I cannot see how.

There was something else about robots earlier. Toy robots used to play games.

“Feng Plaques”
    I’m in a gift shop, either still in India or in China now but it’s no different in appearance to some of our local gift shops. I pick a small wooden rectangular plaque, painted bright red and made for feng shui purposes, out of a bin of such items. It has words to the effect that it’s to counteract negative metal energies (I don’t think there is such a thing) in the Year of the Rooster. I toss it back and take out another that is painted golden.

Night 2
    Wednesday 28th July, 2010

“The Yoga Instructor’s Romance”
    This is presented initially in 3rd person as a movie dream. There is an attractive young man with dark hair. He is teaching yoga in an upstairs studio and he has classes of about 20. Immediately I’m sceptical about the movie, imagining that he’ll be presented as a wealthy person even though this is unlikely if is sole job is teaching yoga. He goes into Warrior 2 in an unusual way and very much in dancer fashion.

His girlfriend is an attractive Afro-American woman. She goes to him at the end of his lesson to discuss something about their relationship. The scene turns into a dance routine that doesn’t turn out satisfactory for the woman, who subsequently leaves.

Now I’ve entered the movie scene. I try to intercede on the woman’s behalf and, again, the scene turns into a dance routine between the yoga instructor and me. It seems to be becoming romantic and this isn’t what I was after.

Now all three of us are in the room. Somehow, the situation though not entirely resolved, seems better. The Afro American woman is putting a blouse back on over her bra.

“Mary Doesn’t Show”
    I’ve entered a small civic building that is very crowded with people who have come to see an apparition of the Virgin Mary. I squeeze on to a seat like a pew with other people but our backs are essentially to the action and I’ll have to turn my head to see.

A woman presides. I watch other people come in, particularly a group of very attractive, very tall people in their early thirties, 2 men and one woman. One man has a bandana around his head that looks kind of stupid.

The proceedings commence but I see nothing there. The woman informs us that there’s a faint light but there isn’t.

Soon we’re out on the street. There’s a pancake place to my left. I’m looking down the street for G and the boys.

Fragment: “The Woman who Likes Poetry”
    She’s older than I am and looks to be of Italian extraction. In conversation she tells me she reads poetry for enjoyment. This surprises me.

“Written Document on My Dream in Israel”.
    I’m handed a written summary of a dream I’d apparently had and forgotten. The summary begins with a man’s short dream then relates mine. I know mine was really long and I’m disappointed that the summary is so concise. It begins by mentioning that my dream took place in Israel and that I involved animals. Reading it, I begin to recall an earlier, longer dream but I soon wake and it’s lost. The document seems to be the result of my involvement with some group working on dream development.

Other Fragments related to a school setting and computer use.

Day 3
    Thursday 29th July

Just fragments.

Something about projection - either I went out for too long or I was, more simply, discussing projection in a dream. Probably the latter.

A discussion with another woman about the tilt of my pelvis.

A dream about Gabrielle. I think she gets a new job. There are levels on the wall marking physical growth on a doorframe that is obscured
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Most of my dreams consisted of a lot of fragmented events with many details that are to numerous for me to recount here, so I'll mention specific events if anything similar shows up in other people's reports.

Objects and symbols:
    - (sun)glasses
    - a small black marble with 3 circles (green/yellow and purple) that represents something of value
    (could be similar to Volgerle's coins)
    - lots of things and events related to flying/height (tower/lighthouse, clouds, flying over a forest,
    a balloon, flying creatures...)
    - books, booking a flight
    - something representing the elements of earth and water (land and sea on a map?)

Blog Entries

Folks,

this dream experiment is extremely interesting, but from a different point of view. I see many suggestive dream symbols worth interpretation in this thread, many of them potentially related to OBE-like dreams.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

All three of you (Volgerle, Beekeeper and Challenge) have what we'd call 'hits' in RV'ing. But I'm waiting on Mishell. I PM'd her a few hours ago but haven't heard back.

[thrumming fingers on table]

Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    All three of you (Volgerle, Beekeeper and Challenge) have what we'd call 'hits' in RV'ing. But I'm waiting on Mishell. I PM'd her a few hours ago but haven't heard back.

[thrumming fingers on table]

Sheesh! It's only 7 AM here.

I'll go read the email...

I figured this symbol could be expressed in dreams in a lot of different ways.

I kept the picture on my computer screen and looked at it whenever I went into the room. I also would try to bring the picture to mind all through the day.

The other way I tried to put the symbol out there was to make an astral "room" for the participants in the experiment and put different variations of the symbol in that room. But I only did this a couple of times.

Blog Entries

I tried to help this experiment along thinking that if I wrote a short story about a sasquatch this would build it up in the astral. I think it's really amazing that Volgerle and Challenge both mention forest (even Farewell2Arms who wasn't playing - or he was and didn't know it.

This is the introduction to the story:

"Deep in the forbidding rain forest of British Columbia, beyond thunderous streams and pinnacled clefts, ever shrouded in cloud and mist there abide since time immemorial the people and creatures of the Sasquatch. These are the stories of the true lives behind the myths and legends of this mysterious land."

I'll give you the short beginning to the story, as far as I got, in case you can find some other connections:

"Tashi peered over the spongy ledge and let go a spit-ball from his broad dark lips. Large black eyes fixed on the fading glimmer of saliva he stood motionless, thoughtless, as the infinity of gray-white his glittering liquid probe He looked across the giant fissure that separated his home from he not what and caught to the muted rainbow in the muted sun of a gray flannel sky.

“Tashi, Tashi!” Her powerful voice could not give breath without seeming to sing and could no more be lost in the rumble of cascade below than a violin in a sea of angry contra-basses.

clear water in so many little rivulets racing toward the deep impression left by his idle standing. the fern obscured entrance, the precious little fire"

(I didn't get very far at all, been busy - no editing just... well,).

Beekeeper tapped in with the hybiscus but moreso with the "Mary didn't show" part, afterall, Big Foot never shows either - he's a myth.

I included a bit of ceremonial magic - what effect that had I have no idea.

Are there other connections I missed?
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hello, Richard.

Hmmm. Personally I'd say "forest" is too common a dream symbol to count as a hit. In any given week for a long time you would find dreams with reference to a forest in this subforum, for example farewell2arms' has recently posted one.

I believe the basic idea of receiving certain symbols in a dream is perfectly workable, and IIRC I even saw a similar experiment in "The Holographic Universe." People picked up on elements of a painting. So the basic idea works.

Also it seems that some of you have excellent dream recall. So I wonder what the decisive factor is that makes it work more clearly. I don't think it has to do with the sender, and I think the symbol was distinct enough to be recognised.

Does anyone think it would make a difference if it were more set up like a remote viewing experiment? Picture in an envelope, for example. Don't know.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Well we could split the group into senders and dreamers, a dreamer for each sender.
    And give the symbol a bit more "juice" by having each sender draw/paint the symbol (or write about it just like E1B). Basically anything that requires creativity, concentration and a bit of emotion.

I'm just throwing ideas as they're bashing against my head here, feel free to ignore it.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast