Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Re: New Dream Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    Another more personal reflection:
    Still (maybe anyone with experience in interpreting dream symbolism could help) I marvel at what is going on with "my" pattern I discovered.

Within one week of dreaming I dreamt that ...

* a chicken hatchling ............. entered my appartment
    * a white terrier dog ............. entered my appartment
    * a cat ............................... entered my appartment

... if this isn't a PATTERN (PET-TERN ) then ... what else is ???

I never dream too much about animals, and secondly .. never about them entering my flat. So it is these two events combined .. and three times. That cannot be dismissed as an accident anymore.

What's happening? Does anyone know what it could possibly mean?

I feel reminded of Shamanism. Maybe these animals are all job applicants for the post as my Power Animal Guide.

(But maybe I should seriously consider it, since I started reading a book on Shamanism a while ago, so I was into it. It says that if you are looking seriously enough, your power animal might pop up in front of you - be it in dreams or in physical life - and you can make friends then .. well .. but maybe I'm just going completely nuts now ... )

Or maybe it's all easier and quite mundane: I should just go to an animals sanctuary and adopt a pet?

But is there any more hidden symbolism involved? I know that animals represent a lot of symbolism in mythology and also in dreams. But what kind of symbolism is it in this context?
    before this experiment, did you consciously set any intentions before dream-time?
    spending a week asking for something (unknown) to 'come into' your awareness during your dreams, is gonna have some sort of effect. that's what i was getting at earlier in the thread. it's always gonna end up interesting if we start asking something of our selves, where before we didn't.

i myself encounter animals very frequently. it's like a zoo in here sometimes!
    i also had a little white terrier the other morning(that's twice in the past week and a half), in my house. and a leopard cub, both at the same time, playing together.
    in this instance it's really interesting, especially the white terrier thing. i think that even tho some symbols seem to have universal interpretations, on one level, they also have personal ones, depending on the individual's feelings/relationship with whatever the symbol is.
    is the terrier to be interpreted? or is it to be seen as a mark of the relative success(overlapping symbols) of our experiment? or is it both? (probably )
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    is the terrier to be interpreted? or is it to be seen as a mark of the relative success(overlapping symbols) of our experiment? or is it both?
    I think probably we should look past any specific personal symbolism re the dogs (I had them as well) and consider that we set our intention to dream in a group, and in order to speak with each other we sought things we share in common. Everybody loves 'dog' so if you want to communicate in a foreign language such as dreaming, say 'dog' and everybody will get it. My dogs were big and blonde, yours were little and white, but dog is dog.

Volgerle liked the simplicity of it so he threw in chicken and cat. What am saying is it reminds me of flashcards for toddlers. Dog, Cat, Bird, Bear etc. Just a theory. But maybe we're trying to learn a new language, so we'll subconsciously share simple, universal things untill we get more fluent.

I don't know.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hello, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    What am saying is it reminds me of flashcards for toddlers. Dog, Cat, Bird, Bear etc. Just a theory.
    I like this idea.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    before this experiment, did you consciously set any intentions before dream-time?
    spending a week asking for something (unknown) to 'come into' your awareness during your dreams, is gonna have some sort of effect....i also had a little white terrier the other morning(that's twice in the past week and a half), in my house....
    the intention affirmation I made was just "to recognize and remember the symbol sent by the sender" not more.

another white terrier? wow. no accident, I suppose.

so there are amazing similarities, as I said that I don't go for definite yes/no, but rather "scientifically" atrribute probability percentages, here is my personal resume so far, percentages meaning affirmative for "group dreaming evidence" beyond being accidental:

blue paint (dream vs. physical event between 2 dreamers): ...........................................90%
    white terrier (now it's a 4 dreamers' dream event within a week): ..................................95%
    yellow little bird / chicken hatchling (dreams of 3 dreamers, but still too fuzzy): ................40%
    forest (3 dreamers, but sorry, eye1b, I agree with Korpo, it is just too broad) ....................20%
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    What am saying is it reminds me of flashcards for toddlers. Dog, Cat, Bird, Bear etc. Just a theory.
    I like this idea.
    yes, that is possible, every individual has his/her own matrix / translation table to be applied personally. so it is a kind of translation thing, problem is: we have again less reliabilty and more room for "creative interpretation" which might lead to wrong conclusions
    but the idea itself is valid.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volgerle
    forest (3 dreamers, but sorry, eye1b, I agree with Korpo, it is just too broad) ....................20%
    Now you've really got my panties in a wad.

Yooooou'll seeee.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Actually, I think Korpo reconsidered and was in agreement with me - that the 'forest' was statisctically significant.

(Do they still teach analytical stat in school?)

You guys need a break, but I may not give you one. You will dream what I command.

I'll send it to an unspecified trustee and wait and watch. Of course, we could make it a free-for-all.

This could be fun.

Richard

[laughing like Dracula]
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Just did of search of the Dream forum; 87 matches for 'dog', only 42 for 'forest'. 10 for 'white dog' but there's no such distinction for forest so we can't make that comparison.

Do the math.
    - E Hubbard

I wanted to add That a few nights ago I dreamed about my old dog Jack. I knew it was a visitation, and it was so nice because it has been a long time since he visited me. He died about 9 years ago.

I hardly ever dream about animals, so I guess it is no coincidence that this happened the week I take part in the dream experiment.

Maybe if we were going to change anything about the way we do this thing we could try group dreaming just to establish some strong, easily interpretable symbols.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    Maybe if we were going to change anything about the way we do this thing we could try group dreaming just to establish some strong, easily interpretable symbols.
    Now there's a good idea. But how?

Dreaming with a group would be a free-for-all would it not? Giving each other our intended symbols and emotions - seeing who picks up?

How could we give it a try? Well, just do it. How else can we try?!
    - E Hubbard

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast