Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Blog Entries

Re: New Dream Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    Actually, I think Korpo reconsidered and was in agreement with me - that the 'forest' was statisctically significant.
    It wasn't an unconditional surrender...

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    Just did of search of the Dream forum; 87 matches for 'dog', only 42 for 'forest'. 10 for 'white dog' but there's no such distinction for forest so we can't make that comparison.

Do the math.
    Poor math.

All mentionings of forest, woods, any significant amount of trees, etc.

vs.

All mentionings of all breeds of canine.

Now have fun.

This is an official challenge. I will now commence the "chicken dance..."

(Don't do it. Just kidding!)

Oliver

ok, so, group dreaming, and check our results?
    sounds interesting...i say let's do it!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Confused

So there is no sender or trustee, we just all decide to group dream and compare our dreams? Did I get it right? When do we start and when does it end?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    So there is no sender or trustee, we just all decide to group dream and compare our dreams? Did I get it right? When do we start and when does it end?
    that's what i got. is that right?
    should be interesting...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

That's what I was thinking. We can start any time. I don't know when/how or if we should end it. It seem like we'd get a lot more out of it if we kept it going for a while.

but isn't that a bit too fuzzy? no set targets at all?
    then we might get discussions like this:

dreamer 1: "well, tonight I dreamt of a yellow tree"
    dreamer 2: "oh, wow, I had a picture at the wall of woman holding flowers in her hand, that's a plant too ...wow, but I don't know which colour they were..."
    dreamer 3: "i didn't have a flower or a yellow tree, but I dreamt of a window sill, and that is where you put flowers in vases on, and you can see trees if you look through them and happen to live in the countryside. So it is all connected, true?"
    dreamer 2: "wow..."
    dreamer 1: "yeah, strike!!. so many hits. amazing..."
    dreamer 4: "I dreamt of a box-end wrench in my garage, I think this object really resembles a tulip ...well ... a bit .... and that is a plant after all ... Wow, this is real group dreaming takin place now..."

ok, sorry for the little sarcastic streak now, but isn't "let's just group dream and see what happens" a bit too "unambitious" now? I think that at least some thematic framework or scaffolding should still be set (don't know how yet, still pondering ...)
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    isn't "let's just group dream and see what happens" a bit too "unambitious" now?
    I have no ambitions with this.

I think if everyone relaxed a bit and quit trying so hard we might see results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    isn't "let's just group dream and see what happens" a bit too "unambitious" now?
    I have no ambitions with this.

I think if everyone relaxed a bit and quit trying so hard we might see results.
    I agree. Might even be fun.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Okay, it doesn't matter what we attempt. We're free to keep changing the experiment as our creativity and whim dictates. What we do have is a solid little group of people who want to play with this. There's no reason why we can't conduct different experiments designed by people in the group with people participating in what appeals to them (or maybe what doesn't, just to be kind and co-operative).

With group-dreaming, we could get each person to imagine himself/herself carrying out a specific action or presenting a specific object. For instance, I read of a lucid dreamer who met someone (not lucid) he knew in a dream. He made the peace sign with his fingers right in front of her face. The next day he met her and she made the peace sign right in front of his face. He asked her why she did it and she said she didn't know. This, of course, worked with a lucid dreamer but maybe we could take the principle and apply it to ordinary dreaming. It's even possible to experiment with someone creating the dream setting.

So, all we need to do is to decide on what experiment is next, how long we wish to run it or and when it will commence.

I found thisbookmarked the other day when I was finding links for someone interested in lucid dreaming. I thought you guys would enjoy it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast