Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Re: New Dream Experiment

I had a short lucid dream last night, and guess who showed up? A sasquatch!
    Didn't remember during the dream that it was our last symbol, but couldn't stop
    laughing when I woke up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    dreamer 1: "well, tonight I dreamt of a yellow tree"
    dreamer 2: "oh, wow, I had a picture at the wall of woman holding flowers in her hand, that's a plant too ...wow, but I don't know which colour they were..."
    dreamer 3: "i didn't have a flower or a yellow tree, but I dreamt of a window sill, and that is where you put flowers in vases on, and you can see trees if you look through them and happen to live in the countryside. So it is all connected, true?"
    dreamer 2: "wow..."
    dreamer 1: "yeah, strike!!. so many hits. amazing..."
    dreamer 4: "I dreamt of a box-end wrench in my garage, I think this object really resembles a tulip ...well ... a bit .... and that is a plant after all ... Wow, this is real group dreaming takin place now..."
    Funny.

I've heard, read or whatever that a collection of grandfather clocks, say in a shop, will eventually synchronize their ticking. That's the vague idea I have for the dream caucus. Say I start sending a dream theme, maybe a frozen lake, and Korpo starts sending 'troops in combat' (of course he won't because he won't play with us) then someone else sends 'toys' and then we all start dreaming about toy soldiers, 'The Nutcracker' and Christmas.

Maybe over time we can synchronize our dreaming along a theme of some sort. Shoot, maybe we could all start having flying dreams or dreams of travel to distant planets or meeting aliens. I'm just saying that we might be able to set up a sympathetic rhythm that collectively could be very strong and sweep everybody along.

I must be dreaming.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Just as a little postscript: I'm just home from seeing Inception and that car I saw driving up the side of a building, well I saw it again in the movie.

Okay now, enough speculating and playful ribbing. What shall we do next? Someone decide.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Ok, I've sent an image to another member, assuming she/he doesn't mind simply keeping the date of the image, then we're in play. There's nothing for anyone to do, I'll simply watch your posts for synchronicities and see what happens. After a while (a week maybe) I'll post if anybody picked up on it.

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Besides e1b experiment with another member and the group dreaming action taking place (it does anyway, actually I think we have been doing it since the beginning which is proved by the "collateral" dream similarities) I also now feel like trying to send a symbol, event or place myself if I may. I am neither a psychic, nor a good lucid dreamer, let alone a good meditator or whatever is needed. Nevertheless I'd like to try.

However, different from the modus operandi so far, I would just suggest we go along with all other usual group dreaming efforts, and I just look if sth comes up. So you could daily post your dreams and compare as you like (mee too, just keeping secrecy on my signal). If sth comes up that has to do with "my symbol" I can hint to it, or just wait longer.

(I know, some here don't want to wait long, but since I am supposedly not a strong sender I would like to try a little longer and more often to send it before unveiling it).

However, due to a busy weekend and next Tuesday being "off" work and then with lots of time during the day, I don't do it yet but only start on Monday evening to give out the symbol, trying to be transmitting it on Tuesday - all day long. (So now all can concentrate on e1b's symbol and other activities).

I'd have other suggestions for modifications of any transmitter-receiver experiments :

- bringing in a 2nd sender, logically the trusted member, to get a stronger transmitter signal (e1b already did a similar thing on the last experiment)
    - sparing a trusted member if no one wants to stay passive during a run: uploading an encrypted file with the symbol (jpg) to a filesharing site, giving the link via PM to all participants before the start of the run, then on "solution day" the password together with the solution for everyone to check
    - for the impatient : the group doing daily interims discussions as usual in this thread comparing our dreams, whoever feels like doing so, without the sender giving the solution yet unless the symbol has come up already, more or less.Then the sender might unveil it, or give some hint as to "hot, warm, cold" to describe how far away the receivers are from any solution.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I like that! Anybody and everbody just starts sending. How does the encrypted thing work, though, that's the key?!

Good thinking.

Richard
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    How does the encrypted thing work, though, that's the key?!
    ok, so this is a technical test first, since I am not sure if it works for all of us

i am using Open Office (ex Sun Star Office) software and saved a jpeg in an RTF-text-file (rtf is supposed to be a "neutral" file type that should open with every office suite / text processing software .. well ... I hope)

I also use a free zipping-software to encrypt (and pack), 7zip, sometimes not all zip-programs open all kinds of packing-formats, so let's test this also (i cannot password-protect the document itself and directly since Open Office does not offer this possibilty for rtf-formats)

here is the file, as said: it is not in any way related to my symbol I will send later, so it's not the real thing - just a drill now

http://www.filefront.com/17161509/volgerle-TEST.zip/

just download the rtf file and try to open it

the password is: volgerle

please report if it works with your software programs you use or if there are any problems for anybody

i already tried a re-download for me, and opened it with 2 different (freeware) packing programs using the pw, it worked

Blog Entries

i am using Open Office (ex Sun Star Office) software and saved a jpeg in an RTF-text-file (rtf is supposed to be a "neutral" file type that should open with every office suite / text processing software .. well ... I hope)
    rtf=rich text format. It's the same as a .txt file but with more bells & whistles- you can put in different fonts and some image files in it.
    Really old computers may not open rtf files, but they are not hard to convert to .txt files, unless you're using a picture. Then you' need to open it with Word, or you're SOL.

ps. I see the file is zipped (compressed)- some old com-poopers may not have unzip capabilities, but I'm sure that everyone here can open them.

BTW, it worked out fine for me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I just noted that this upload site always issues the system information:

"volgerle-TEST.zip
    File name: volgerle-TEST.zip
    File size: 68.2 KB
    Downloads this week: 3
    Downloads total: 3
    Date Added: 07-31-2010
    Popularity: 11% "

Therefore it wouldn't even be necessary to zip it. It's because I wouldn't need to give the link out before, but can wait til "disclosure day". The upload specifics are issued by the system of filefront.com by default and cannot be manipulated (not even for registered users and I am none of them anway). I just used the "select file & begin upload" button and a few seconds later already received the link. You can test it yourself, it's pretty simple, and I think better than e.g. Rapidshare which makes you pay for uploading and lets you wait if you're a downloading "free" user (=not paying), and btw: Rapidshare doesn't give the upload info and would hence be useless for our purpose anyway.

So I think that would be proof enough that it was uploaded on that day.
    (Just need to make sure they don't delete it from their servers too early though. )
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 17th January 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries

So, let's clarify, E1B has started sending and Volgerie is starting on Tuesday? Can we avoid overlap and just have 1 experiment at a time?

I'm taking a brief break because I'm super busy. I'll let you know when I'm back in. I record my dreams anyway, so if I see correspondences (which is likely because I'm already entangled) I'll post.

P.s Volgerie, you are actually a very good sender. If you look at my dream record for the 1st experiment, you'll see your little farm creatures got into my dreams and I noted that they're not usual for me, that I felt they were somebody else's. Their simplicity meant they came through with far fewer distortions than the more complex imagery of E1B's dreams, which were, in their on right, quite an interesting lesson in shared dreaming.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast