Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Re: New Dream Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    "Different Folks"
    What stands out from last night is a dream about a sitcom. It's one of those specials made many years after the sitcom has ended, like a revisit now the characters are all older. The father from "Different Strokes" seems to be the patriarch and he has adopted three daughters. Their adult selves are terribly ugly and, in the special,they still act and dress like little girls. I look at one and she has a hideously long and square jaw. I could say like "the Elephant Man" but what first comes to mind when I wake to write it down is an Easter Island head.

The other dream had a male impersonating a woman dream and another referenced dark green paint.

I wonder if something will happen in India soon? It seems to featuring in a couple of our dreams.
    wow, well done Beekeeper, for me there's an amazing near hit (or close miss respectively) in this post, seems we all get closer to my target - step by step, something's really happening here again, (although I did not expect it from the outset we could even get a direct hit soon, the experiment is running well so far, absolutely interesting results)

please post dreams or lists, dreamers, I'm hungry for more
    This collector of useless clutter.

i had a rather fun dream about being on a huge ocean-liner. massive big boat.
    there was much focus on food. i was choosing from a selection of fruits vegetables, most of the ones i picked were crazily oversized! i particularly remember a pear, and a cucumber, or perhaps it was a marrow of normal proportions...
    there was some confusion about my ID, so the staff took my phone, to scan it to see if i was who i said i was.
    then it turned out that they had printed copies of all the photos taken by the camera on it.
    i was very unhappy with this infringement of my privacy, so i started complaining and asking to see someone superior.
    i was taken to some sort of control room, where a man was trying to bargain with me, offering me a seat in "business class" with more comfy seats, if i promised to not press charges.
    then some other woman started to try to equate my privacy infringement with the fact that hospital staff were able to see her "private parts" while she gave birth to her child.
    i told her it wasn't the same, and told her to "SHHH!!".
    that seemed to piss off the other staff members, a couple of other guys. they got quite angry and started having a go at me for speaking to her in what they deemed a disrespectful way. i apologised, then one of them who continued to keep on at me, put his hands on me, as if he was about to push me.
    i then told him to get his hands off me, or i'd be pressing charges of assault.
    they were once again concerned about me making a formal complaint, so they backed off...

then i was in some sort of staff room, for relaxation purposes. there was a pool table. there i met a number of female staffmembers, who each proceeded to give me their business cards, or to write on bits of paper, each writing heir room number on it, hoping i'd pay them a visit!
    i had much fun deciding which of these lovely ladies i might visit, but in the end got bored of playing that game. i wasn't gonna visit anyone, i decided.
    i went back to the seating area, and got myself some more fruit and veg to munch on...

that's about all i can recall.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

I'm going with a Dijon mustard / sandy color and something about electricity/source of energy/earth/ground(ing). It'll be my bedtime soon and I hope I can have a chance with today's dreams here before this is over. But we'll see, probably doesn't matter.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    i went back to the seating area, and got myself some more fruit and veg to munch on...
    I have been obsessed with fruit/vegatable images lately. And btw I love your attitude about the heirs wanting you stop by and you deciding not to bother. I just think I can relate, that's all.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hello, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    there was some confusion about my ID, so the staff took my phone, to scan it to see if i was who i said i was.
    then it turned out that they had printed copies of all the photos taken by the camera on it.
    i was very unhappy with this infringement of my privacy, so i started complaining and asking to see someone superior.
    i was taken to some sort of control room, where a man was trying to bargain with me, offering me a seat in "business class" with more comfy seats, if i promised to not press charges.
    then some other woman started to try to equate my privacy infringement with the fact that hospital staff were able to see her "private parts" while she gave birth to her child.
    Imagine somebody is "taking your identity" in nonphysical reality - a gatekeeper for example. Your identity is literally your whole being. The gatekeeper sees all (the photos). It's actually not avoidable, but you take this kind of "in-sight" into you as breach of privacy.

Now there's a metaphor. We go from "privacy" to "private parts" - most people would never show a stranger or a person they know little their private parts. It's a deeply ingrained social convention. It's not inborn. However, if a woman gives birth she has no choice but to accept this "breach of privacy." This expresses how there are situations where overriding your privacy is inavoidable but for the good of the person.

I think the rest of the dream is devolving into venting your outrage. Your emotions are taking the dream into a different direction to accomodate this release, but the opportunity to get past the gatekeeper is gone.

The outrage has been vented and you can settle again into more "fruitful activities."

Regarding "privacy" and "private parts" - CF had a similar dream where she entered a sauna, thinking it was private. Then she felt cheated as she found it was public and somebody had taken her clothes. The same topic of "invasion of privacy" - here expressed through public/private and through clothing (covering ourselves - creating privacy). All of this is involved with our identity and also with issues of shielding ourselves from others (another aspect of privacy).

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    then i was in some sort of staff room, for relaxation purposes. there was a pool table. there i met a number of female staffmembers, who each proceeded to give me their business cards, or to write on bits of paper, each writing heir room number on it, hoping i'd pay them a visit!
    This might have been the reversed version of the same process - these ladies give you part of their identity and invite you to learn more. Here privacy is opposed with potential intimacy. Giving up privacy here could lead to a desirable outcome. Here the social convention is respected in that your counterparts are female, to make it easier to contemplate becoming more intimate with them. Phone numbers are identity - we don't give them out to anyone. Getting a female's phone number is a cultural image for "invitation for a greater level of intimacy." This all seems to be some way to ease your feelings about showing someone your "energetic identity."

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    I'm going with a Dijon mustard / sandy color and something about electricity/source of energy/earth/ground(ing).
    do I understand right that this is dream content you mention? could you enlarge upon this, what was the dream context exactly? were both elements (dijon/sandy colour and electricity/ground) in one dream? or two dreams apart?
    (yes, could be a little relevant for my symbol again, that's why I'm asking)

Blog Entries

wow, well done Beekeeper, for me there's an amazing near hit (or close miss respectively)
    Pleased to hear it because I "programmed" for it that particular night and it seemed an odd enough dream overlay to at least suggest something.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Had something happen I don't I ever had happen before. I kissed a woman in a dream and it was as fully detailed a sensation as if it had happened physically - taste, pressure, sensation.

Usually I do stuff in a dream but I only take note of it - I see what I'm doing, I'm aware I'm doing something, but usually I don't feel what I'm doing.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    I'm going with a Dijon mustard / sandy color and something about electricity/source of energy/earth/ground(ing).
    do I understand right that this is dream content you mention? could you enlarge upon this, what was the dream context exactly? were both elements (dijon/sandy colour and electricity/ground) in one dream? or two dreams apart?
    (yes, could be a little relevant for my symbol again, that's why I'm asking)
    The color comes from my Indian 'bride's' dress and shoes. Red earth has been prominent in two dreams and I've thought that it's red in my part of the country because of the iron content, but electricity/grounding/source comes from a liminal moment when my laptop was misbehaving. I thought to give it a hand, tranced mildly in order to polarize my body and felt energy from the core of the earth streaming through my feet and legs. And the computer started behaving as it should.

I'm only saying this up because Beekeeper and the Easter Island face, but my bride was morphing in the upper lip - extending and getting darker.

So that's where it all came from.
    - E Hubbard

I'm only saying this up because Beekeeper and the Easter Island face, but my bride was morphing in the upper lip - extending and getting darker.
    so you had a similar "morphing" like Beekeeper with a face in front of you?

"morphing in the upper lip, extending" - interesting ... morphing how and with what? how would you describe the result? could you show/describe how it looked like in the end with an example? could you maybe find a picture (e.g. google-picture search) that shows sth similar how it looked then (after morphing/extending or while morphing/extending)? so it's similar to Beekeepers Easter Island face, or sth different?

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast