Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Blog Entries

Re: New Dream Experiment

I doubt I've picked anything up as it seems to be specific to my experience but there have been some bits that seem a little out of the ordinary. Last three days:

Tuesday 24th August, 2010.

Rearranged room and Beach
    This dream is recorded late in the morning, after I've already done a dozen things so it's sketchy.

I'm in a very large room. It has the feel of the lounge room from my childhood home. G has set up the furniture around the TV. It's an odd setup, with the lounge and armchairs in a double row and a reclining chair set up for G right in front of the TV. I think this is a tad selfish of him but decide the TV can be swiveled when needed so others can see it.

We're heading down to the beach. It's the first time in the season and I'm glad winter is nearly over. I'm wearing a two-piece bikini and there's another person in the room; a bearded guy, slightly plump. I'm chatting with him but he stands too near or something and I become aware I'm in a bikini and feel uncomfortable. I move away and notice G in the doorway of the room, so I feel more secure.

The beach is vivid. I meet my niece A, who has just turned 18 in real life but who might be younger in my dream. We discuss body hair removal for the purpose of beach going.

There's something with my sons now. Maybe we're back in a room. I 'remember' when my youngest son was pregnant and tell him that was a horrible time/dream(?)

The rest has been forgotten.

25th August, 2010 (Happy birthday, Mum)
    Survival Class
    I'm in a body of water, floating. I have two folded blankets and there's a male instructor perhaps 20 metres away, on the bank, elevated. I guess he's telling us how to survive. I seem to be doing okay; I'm quite calm.

The dream apparently repeats. The instructor addresses me but has forgotten my name. My blankets are wet, though still folded. I wonder if they’ll still keep me warm if I need them. I'm still calm.

The Monk Threat
    It's a secret agent scenario. I have two things that I have to prevent the enemy laying their hands on: one is concealed as lipstick, the other is a pink foamy stuff that I hide in a pocket. A male instructs me to run, so I do. An Asian monk pursues me through a house. He catches me and then I realize that he’s unaware of the things I’m concealing; his interest is sexual. My mind kicks into survival. I think if I can manipulate him sufficiently, I can overcome him. So, I feign submission. He has exposed himself and he’s unusually large and wide but he cannot penetrate because he’s still partially flaccid. I'm making consoling noises, wondering whether I'm going to treat him with violence or simply restrain him and also aware of the stirring of lustful feelings.

Young and Totally Casual.
    I'm a young dream-self. I've had a shower or am about to have a shower at a friend's house. The friend has had a shower too. I have my toothbrush and walk into the backyard to clean my teeth. The mother (young, brunette, good looking like a TV mum) catches me and expresses disapproval. I conceal that I've dropped some toothpaste on the carpet, which extends well into the backyard.

When she's gone I begin singing Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights". I draw other young people with my singing. A boy continues to follow me. He wants to know who I am and why I'm singing. I ignore him and continue to sing for my own gratification.

The dream alters to a movie dream. The boy is on stage producing music and Miley Syrus goes on stage singing. I watch from behind them. I think the music sounds good but the singing is swamped by it and not very impressive. This hasn't prevented the crowd going wild for Miley when she first comes on.

Thursday 26th August
    Ahmed
    I'm in a classroom with Ahmed K. I'm worried that he cannot read and write properly and I wonder how he will get on in the world. (In RL, he can read the actual words, he just has trouble understanding it all and he's still very "young" for his age. Yesterday he got upset because the boys in his class were stirring him. I spoke to them about how if the person you're making fun of doesn't like it, it's bullying).

Teacher’s Conference
    I'm at a distant place, somewhere I've travelled far to be. I'm with a two women. I think one has spoken about giving me a facial. It seems to be a teacher's conference of some sort.

No use Crying over Spilt Milk
    Now I'm in a cafe. I've somehow knocked a sweet milk drink off my table. Instantly a brunette woman (reminds me of a teacher from another school I met at debating last Friday) appears to replace it with a cup of coffee. I'm sorry that I can't drink any more of the milk because I was enjoying it but I'm pleased that I don't have to clean it up and that it's been replaced with a complimentary coffee.

Beth H turns up. (In real life I've never found much affinity with Beth, she's never been warm or friendly towards me and exhibited a fair degree of professional envy shortly after I began working with her that never really dissipated in the 16 years we worked together, despite the fact that she went on to get a PHD). Suddenly she's hugging me and I'm returning the hug. For some reason, she has decided to befriend me. There is a third woman there but I don't know who she is.

27th August, 2010.

Woken by the wind and have trouble recalling earlier dreams. I know I was teaching a small group of adults something and there was another dream involving caring for a baby.

Intermingled Fragments.
    I'm staying in a hotel room with my dad. Sometimes, however, he seems to be my deceased stepdad. He takes the larger bed. The beds have already been slept in when we climb into them.

Later I'm in another room and see someone asleep in the bed. I realize it's G and think he must have changed beds through the night.

I'm at a grammar school I worked at casually last year when I took a year "off" to train as a yoga teacher. Two of the women have gotten promotion positions. I'd happily take the vacancy created at the school or follow the other to the school where she's now co-ordinator. I tell them this. I feel welcomed (as I did when I worked there in real life).

I'm with J (former boyfriend from many years ago). I take his hand and lead him down a dark hallway. I enjoy concentrating on the feeling of his hand in the darkness. I seem to get distracted for a while and end up in one of the other dreams. Then I remember him and go looking for him.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 17th January 2013 at 01:54 PM.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

ok, reminder for myself to write up last night's dreaming -
    visit to NARNIA!!! then a visit to a faery world...
    tomorrow, when i have some time...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Countdown: 48 hrs.

Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Ok, with less than two days left, I'm not getting much (aside from a non-participant). This symbol is ages old, bears into the very fabric of iconology. Ask for it, and it will come. It's out there, I've really built it in the astral - have a look, that's all.

Blessings,

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

ok, two nights ago, these two dreams stuck out.
    NARNIA.
    i am aware of the fact that i'm about to be taken into, or allowed into, Narnia.
    i'm in the presence of three beings. they are the three children from the stories.
    they sit in a circle before me.
    they don't look like children tho. each of them seems to be two beings occupying the same space.
    in my mind it is this way - the actor who plays the part, and the actual character, are both represented in this being.
    they are at the same time a young child, and a very old being.
    i can actually "see" two faces overlapping each other, and "hear" two voices.

i communicate with these three beings for some time, and then we fly thru some halls and in thru the open doors of the wardrobe, into Narnia.

it is exactly like in the books, we enter into a snow covered forest.
    it is dark...

my recall blurs there..

THE FAERY REALM.
    i'm on my bike, cycling along a grassy path. this feels very much like the same place i was last time i was on my bike and i fell into the quicksand/void..
    this time, i look at the grass as i'm cycling.
    i see puddles beside the worn grass pathway.
    another character ahead of me treads into a puddle and falls into what is actually a rather deep pool of water.
    i make a mental note that things are not what they seem, and to take care not to fall into the water..
    i continue along, and now see by the side of the path, some small pot-holes, like miniature canyons. they look only 10cm deep.
    i am careful not to cycle into any of them, yet am intrigued by them. they are brightly coloured, oranges and reds and yellows.
    the next thing i know i've veered off into one.
    i fall into a deep canyon, my bike has disappeared.
    i am clinging to a rock formation, high above the bottom of the canyon.
    i have a little fear of heights, but remember i'm dreaming, and regain composure.
    i look for foot-holds, and manage to turn around and climb down..
    in the bottom of the canyon, i realise i've been here before.
    i know this place.
    this is a faery realm.
    upon that thought, beings appear out of nowhere, going about their business, as if they'd always been there, but i just hadn't been able to see them.

one comes and talks to me. a friendly sort.
    i start to ask how i got there, and what i'm supposed to be doing.
    then another one comes over, and i can tell he's not to be trusted.
    i know the faery folk can try to trick humans, and use their magic to trap us into staying with them forever, so i am very careful about communicating with this one.
    he seems to read my mind, and goes of in a bit of a mood, knowing he'll get no fun from messing with me.
    another comes to join us. we're sitting on the ground. it's a wonderful brightly coloured land, i can see the grass at the top of the canyon walls.
    there is talk of me going home...

i wake up.

Blog Entries

Re: Not a dream.

I just want to comment that when I open my dresser drawers my cat likes to jump in and go into the dresser, behind the drawers. This scares me, because I'm afraid if someone doesn't know she's in there and slams one in, she'll be hurt, or if someone closes it she'll be trapped inside.
    I call this "going to Narnia", and when she does it I have to remove the drawer and get her out. So when I'm putting laundry away and a drawer is open, she tries to jump in and crawl back in.
    Now she hasn't done it in a while, and just two or three days ago I was folding clothes I turned around and there she was, halfway in, butt still hanging out, halfway into Narnia.
    So I pulled her out, scolded her (gently, she's a sweetie) and took her out of the room so I could continue doing it without worry.
    I said "No Narnia for you today, it's closed for maintenance".
    I know it's completely unrelated, but I had to mention it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

ps. your dream reminds me of one I had years ago...
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i call it 'cat space' when they dont want to be found, ya look everywhere hollerin for em, then hours later cat shows up like it is all brand new. i miss my last cat, Beauty, been gone a coupla years now, found her in the bathroom sink curled up and departed not long after my boy left home. when my boy's mother left 2 years prior to that, Beauty had a rough time of it with me, never left my side, slept so close to me ya couldnt tell where either of began or ended. she made these sorrowful sounds, feeling it just as i did, just as we did together. then the boy up and leaves with not so much as howdy do see ya later, and boom went both of us again, and she just couldnt bear another loss. i like to think that she saw me hurting so bad that she gave to me the life she had so i'd keep on going. she knew my heart, and she knew my secret thoughts too.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Hey, Neil.

I wonder if the also the puddles represented elemental realms. You entered one of earth - the canyon. The puddles might have been ones of water. Also the "falling into the puddle" of the person you observe might be the act of entering the realm. You identify these places "as small features" of the wider plane you navigate at first.

I also noticed that you entered the scene when thinking about it. Moving by thought immediately might indicate your presence on the mental plane. The bicycle is then your energy body as you're navigating across the plane. Going within a scene seems to diminish awareness of being in an energy body and immerse you deeper.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast