Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: New Dream Experiment

Blog Entries

Re: New Dream Experiment

'spose I will, tempestuous me
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

It's Friday here- are we all going to post what our dreams are on Sunday and then BeeK will reveal what it is, or are we going to post on Sat what our dreams were and what we think the symbols were, and she then reveals it on Sunday? I think my Sat. is her Sunday, so I don't want to jump the gun....

OR, (and I think this one is better):

Beekeper posts "Ok kiddies, it's time to post your dreams" and then we all post (or fill in, as in my case) and come to our conclusions, and then when we're all done she posts the actual symbol.
    What do y'all think?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler

OR, (and I think this one is better):

Beekeper posts "Ok kiddies, it's time to post your dreams" and then we all post (or fill in, as in my case) and come to our conclusions, and then when we're all done she posts the actual symbol.
    What do y'all think?
    that's what i'd suggest.
    folk's posts might trigger memories of overlooked details...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Well, I wonder why is it a problem now to stick to Beekeeper's original plan? Beekeeper posted that everybody please post an "I'm ready" here when it is Sunday morning/afternoon for them, so that everybody is through with 7 nights of dreams (or dreamless nights respectively). Isn't that still the best way?

For the time zone earlier ones it might be Sunday evening (night?) then, before we can start analysing - or we get to discuss it all on Monday only...

However, I don't think anybody should post dream content before, not on Saturday either. I really think it might influence the others and lead them onto the wrong path. It might also lead to frustration if there is not any similarity to the posted stuff and one might think that oneself is on the wrong track completely.
    (I still think I might be anyway )

Also, I don't think that everybody should post then all of his/her dreams first, it might be too much text to read and seems not effective to me. I consider it more effective to apply the individual filters first and only then do the group filtering by our discussion.
    There will be enough time then to go into detail or add more dreams if we don't find anything on our first round of probing and sifting by comparing the personal favourites.

That's why I would suggest the following procedure:

After everybody has posted his/her "Ready" (4 dreamer participants if I counted correctly: Korpo, CFTraveler, EyeOneBlack, Volgerle), then we could wait for a second round of posts from each one drawing up his/her own filtered "top list" of say 3 dream symbols (or more if felt necessary).
    After one has posted his/her list this should not be commented on immediatly by another participant, not until the last of the 4 dream musketeers has posted his top-3 (or top-4, 5...) list.

Then, in a 3rd round among the 4 dreamers, we discuss it all in our posts and replies, as usual, and finally (step 3b if you like) pull up a final chart list from all 4 top-lists and/or from our discussion (which might be a complicated undertaking - but maybe also fun ).
    We do this by looking at similarities or coincidences among these personal "charts". Maybe there are already some striking similarities. If not, or not enough, we look further down the personal lists and post more. And of course, if s.o. has a dream in the personal top list that another one had further down on the list, he/she will report on this immediately anyway.

That means that #1 will be our definite guess as to what the dream symbol is. But we have further alternatives then, just to be on the safe side.

Finally, step 4, and only then, Beekeeper unveils the symbol, Neil confirming it.

Step 5: Then we are either or depending on the outcome. Or we try to paraphrase our initial guesses further to make them fit the solution somehow. In other words: we apply the art of Creative Interpretation.

That's the procedure I would suggest. How about that approach?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

That would be best, Volgerie. That way everyone gives it their best shot. Also, if after all that anyone wants to publish their complete dreaming for the session or entrust it to Neil, if they did hit the dream sign but didn't realise it, it's still a matter of public record or something Neil can support.

So, everyone, wait until you've had 7 nights of dream opportunity ( I won't say dreaming because I'm up, prematurely, because of work stress and not dreaming - or meditating as planned either :cry: ). Then post the word "ready". Then, go for it; I'll try to restrain myself while you chat away. I suspect it will be hard. You then tell me when to post the dream sign.

Anyone else who has been following the experiment but not actively participated in it who suddenly finds himself/herself resonating with the conversation is free to comment, of course.

I've detected a new occurrence in a couple of my dreams and I'm curious to know if it's something from one of you guys. Neil might find the same.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Well, I wonder why is it a problem now to stick to Beekeeper's original plan?
    It's not a problem at all, but because of the time differences I thought it might have been easier if Beek. gave the signal.
    But that's OK, it's all the same to me, as long as it's consistent.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Yesterday I was dreaming away and woke up realizing I wasn't remembering a think. So I reminded myself to pay attention. And when I went back to dreaming remembering this and that and this and this - it was more than I could bother with, so I went back to my A.D.D. ways and when I woke up I really didn't remember a think.

I'll be Saturday for me in just 3 hours but I want to put in a good meditation before I post 'ready' which will be about 12 hours from now. (I'll have to eat and sleep first).

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I woke from my seventh night since we started.

Ready.

Oliver

Blog Entries

My dream journal for the period has been sent to Neil's messages.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Ready.

Is that what we're supposed to do? Send our dream journals to Neil? Makes sense.

Richard
    - E Hubbard

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast