Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Inception

sleeper Guest

Re: Inception

Quote Originally Posted by sibouleaux
    Hello All,

I just watched the movie called Inception. I liked the story, very original and made me think of this forum sometimes.

Here's the summary from IMDB:
    In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job till date, Inception.
    Fiction or possible?
    IMHO it's entirely and easily possible. I've never found any kind of privacy in the universe; in my experience, all information is available for anyone who is able to find and retrieve it.

My question is this: who is diligent and devoted enough to doing this kind of work? it's not exactly something you do on a three-day-weekend.

Blog Entries

(I liked writing this, but it's kinda' out there )

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    Random question: Does anybody feel like they become more energy-aware when they regard waking reality as a dream? Walking home from the movie, I guess that some of my creeped-out-ness came from my energetic senses feeling suddenly blown open. I could feel the gaze of people on the street. My own thoughts and feelings were more palpable. Trees were more alive. And on and on.
    It is easier for some than others and, I think, by account of their constitution and disposition. I am not very attached to the material world. I tried my best to appreciate its delights but ultimately gave up on it as a worthwhile goal. Others are very much 'here' which fills their days with ambition and success - and fear of keeping it - losing it. Which is to say, to more and less degree, I do consider my waking life a dream, always. This was true even when I was young, like you guys, but it does become easier as we get older - matters of food, clothing and shelter having been pretty much settled.

But there is a trick to this wisdom or a major hurtle. If I was to say, "the Law of Being is symmetrical in time and reciprocal in dimension" many of you would have a clue as to where I was going with that, because we have evidence, experience in a thriving dream life, in support of it.

The known laws of physics are time-symmetric as well (with a possible exception of the neutral kaon). Which is to say, these laws have no regard for past or future as the equations are equally valid in both directions. That a baseball doesn't come flying over the fence in a just such an arc as to strike a batter's retreating bat and then make a bee-line for the pitcher's throwing arm is something we never observe, the Newtonian laws describe no such prejudice. Home runs are as easily un-hit as hit.

The issue of course is perspective, we are creatures in time, but if we could possibly adopt a view-point outside of time, what author Hew Price refers to as Archimedes' Point, truly a whole new world opens before us. But what a 'major hurtle' in our thinking this perspective presents!

We have a similar hurtle as 'wakers' and dreamers. Fortunately many of us have experienced 'false awakenings' enough to appreciate the blur between awake and asleep - the confusion that can intervene between the dream life and the RL. Simply on the basis of this little clue, the hurtle looms directly ahead; why is my waking life not a dream simply constrained by matter and time? As Dr. Price loves to twist it, what he calls 'reversibility', why don't we wonder as a dream entity what this thing, this life in time and matter, is about? If we clear the hurtle we see, beyond a doubt, the reciprocal relationship we bear between our dream and waking lives, and finally awake for real, we begin to explore our myriad selves as a candle burning at both ends.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I just noticed I didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    Random question: Does anybody feel like they become more energy-aware when they regard waking reality as a dream?
    Yes, absolutely. There is a feeling of 'command of the situation' that derives from this perspective. As if, I'm ahead of the curve, always.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

seankerr123 Guest

I just saw this film (bit late, I know) and am wondering if anyone has heard anything about binaural beats or similar frequencies being embedded in the movie soundtrack.

Thanks and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by seankerr123
    I just saw this film (bit late, I know) and am wondering if anyone has heard anything about binaural beats or similar frequencies being embedded in the movie soundtrack.

Thanks and best wishes.
    binaurals really only work effectively if there is no other sensory input, so eyes closed in a dark silent room would be best.
    the visual input from the movie would stimulate the brain and negate the binaural's effect.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

I think that the idea of implanting a thought like this in the head of a person would have been a hundred times way easier with the subliminal technologies that are being used all over the place nowadays , And they also use the same kind of simple general messages like in "Cold Reading" , But I do agree if such a thing is possible it would be incredibly efficient in an increasingly accurate way , And would be the new way of dealing with the subconscious.

The interesting thing is that Nolan researched the whole thing before getting into the movie , Which means that he does know about most of the dreamsigns we know .

But I think that the idea of making the environment as real as possible was to convince the person being robbed into thinking that it's reality , Too much BS , And it wouldn't feel as real and a trained subject would be capable of realizing what it's all about .

Is such a thing possible (excluding the scenes that defy the reality of a dream though), I think it's possible , Especially with the types of drugs that could be employed to strengthen one's state within a dream , And the mental simulation , I've been through a training once that relates to Remote Influencing that had a Waking Delta Brainwave tape for training to get into that state really fast , Going through so many brainwave programs , And none really worked that well (Except the ones by Monroe they were also very high quality) , This one was so potent that It made me get into states I never went into , Really deep ones , many people even said they got into instant astral projections , The guy who made this tape series was actually with the marines or sth like that , And when the government gets into any form of research they always have to get solid techniques that work everytime for everybody , So yeah it wouldn't be too far fetched for this to happen at all !

I think some really similar to that machine in the movie was also in a game called "Dreamfall" the sequel to the longest journey , But it was more advanced that this though , Makes me wonder who ripped the other off though , Nolan or the game makers .

Blog Entries

Just saw the film. Kinda disappointed in it, actually. I don't think it lived up to the hype, and I kept expecting a surprise twist at the end and... there wasn't one. Yeah, the ending was vaguely ambiguous, kinda, but no surprise. Just, ta da, mission accomplished. Meh.

Maybe if I wasn't already so intimately familiar with the "reality as a dream" metaphor I would have been more impressed, I dunno, but I just thought it was overly complicated, had too many rules, and wasn't anywhere near as weird and mind-twisting as so many people found it to be.

Bummer.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I found the movie a bit flat but still enjoyable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3