Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Re: Inception

Loved every minute of it. missed the first 15min. of it though ill probably be seeing it again.

dreamosis Guest

The creeped out factor for me has less to do with the "I might be dreaming right now" feeling and more with how much I identified with the main character's subconscious attacking him.

Like the main character, I've had a recurring wrench-in-the-works projection before (who has imitated both a girlfriend and my father). On both occasions, the character was hostile to the fact that I was lucid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    The creeped out factor for me has less to do with the "I might be dreaming right now" feeling and more with how much I identified with the main character's subconscious attacking him.
    Ah, I see.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I think these were some of the benefits of the movie- in between the 'made up stuff' there are many valuable insights for those who value this type of stuff. The next time I get hostile aspects, I know what to look for.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

dreamosis Guest

Random question: Does anybody feel like they become more energy-aware when they regard waking reality as a dream? Walking home from the movie, I guess that some of my creeped-out-ness came from my energetic senses feeling suddenly blown open. I could feel the gaze of people on the street. My own thoughts and feelings were more palpable. Trees were more alive. And on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    If you watch the movie you'll know what we're talking about.

I did. I love Leonardo DiCaprio and I am a straight guy LOL

Like I said, Astral Dynamics says that a true WILD is as realistic as reality.

WILD is a step beyond the typical lucid dream.

Blog Entries

Like I said, Astral Dynamics says that a true WILD is as realistic as reality.
    Yes, but I don't get what that has to do with what we were talking about. I still don't.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

dreamosis Guest

WILDs can be as realistic as reality, but usually include signs that it's a dream. In the movie, the dreamsigns are all more or less realistic (minus gravity shifting, omnipresent music, a train coming from nowhere, etc.)

In a typical WILD, the environment might appear as realistic as waking reality, but you also might see a dragon. In Inception, most of the subconscious projections were people, as opposed to say, dragons. That's why I say the dreamworlds were somewhat more realistic than they should have been (but, of course, that was a creative choice).

If I were a mark, and somebody drugged me and I found myself in a dreamworld with them trying to manipulate me, I'd be much more likely to recognize that it's a dream if their subconcious projections were more than merely people (but included dragons, giant spiders, etc.)

I'm gonna watch it on Friday.

10. Inception

Hello All,

I just watched the movie called Inception. I liked the story, very original and made me think of this forum sometimes.

Here's the summary from IMDB:
    In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job till date, Inception.
    Fiction or possible?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast