Hi star,

That sounds like a blockage to me too, for a couple reasons. The fact that energy is hard to move through the area can indicate blockage, and in addition, the fact that your focus is distracted / moved away from the area can also be an indication of blockage - when we have a sizable block in our energy, the mind tends to want to "run away" from the troubled area, in exactly the same way that it has a tendency to automatically shy away from unwanted negative thoughts/emotions. Imo, energy blocks are often *comprised* of negative thoughts and emotions, at least in part, so this is why these tendencies "feel" so similar when you study them.

Korpo gives wise advice. If you would like further advice on how to use your focus to transmute a blockage into more free-flowing, positive, usable energy, I would highly suggest this post:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9353

Although it is primarily used to transmute negative emotions into neutral or positive energy, it can also be used to transmute blockages in energy flow that aren't as readily recognized as emotions. Additionally, sometimes when you circulate energy gently around a blockage to "melt/dissolve" it a bit, the block can actually loosen and then be present in your spirit in the form of an emotion instead of a tactiley-perceived block...and once you have the blockage transformed into an emotion, you can more easily apply this technique.

I would try circulating energy around the blocked area to loosen the energy, and then try the linked technique...assuming it is a blockage, pairing those two methods is a great remedy that I have used time and again with great success.

*edited, to add that I have suggested this technique before on this forum...but it is just so incredibly useful...I can't remember who I have suggested it to in the past, so I thought I'd throw it out there in case you hadn't seen it and it could be of use to you.