Thread: um, some quick tips, if you please

um, some quick tips, if you please

Okay, so I've had some weird experiences in another forum. It's an occult forum. Some guy just got pissed at me in said forum, even though I didn't think I was doing anything provocative. Seems to be some unspoken rules there or something, but this will probably be the last time I interact there because this stuff is goofy and because I am not big on this adversarial stuff. I had an experience involving lightning last time I let myself tap into that way of being so these days I don't like to go there.

Now I think he might be approaching this energetically.

Basically, what I'd appreciate, is some kind of simple but powerful intention I can use to bring myself firmly into myself, and instantly neutralize anything that might be directed at me in a given moment. I don't want to do anything harmful or retaliating, I would instead just like to ensure whatever is sent is not received. Intention is often better for me than visualization.

Blog Entries

Re: um, some quick tips, if you please

Quote Originally Posted by reiwilliams
    Some guy just got p!ssed at me in said forum, even though I didn't think I was doing anything provocative.
    That happens to me sometimes. When it does, I leave. If I can't carry on a reasonable conversation in a place without a bunch of personal attacks and blazing misunderstandings and adversarial stuff, I just don't stay. I hate being "on my guard" all the time.

I had an experience involving lightning last time I let myself tap into that way of being

Basically, what I'd appreciate, is some kind of simple but powerful intention I can use to bring myself firmly into myself, and instantly neutralize anything that might be directed at me in a given moment.
    Ah. I find that a simple "bubble" energy shield works really well for that. Visualise a bubble all around you (including under your feet, so it can extend into the ground), and set the specific intention that it will immediately ground and neutralise all incoming energies. I also generate a couple of cords that extend into the earth for the purpose of discharging energy and drawing fresh energy, but that's optional (I used to have a problem with putting my OWN energy into the shield, and that's so not a good plan!). You can make the bubble any way you want. Some people say to use white light, but I prefer a soft pink (think rose quartz) or a soft cream colour. If things get REALLY hairy, you can turn the outside of the bubble-shield into a reflective surface so that old rhyme about how "anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you" takes effect, but that can antagonise someone WAY more than just absorb-and-neutralise, so use with caution and only as a last resort.

One thing to be careful about is that you don't block positive interactions as well. I have a tendency to do this because I'm excruciatingly sensitive at times, and I just block it all out (I would be a really good hermit *sigh*). I don't know how many people have issues with this, of course, but I just thought I'd mention it. Set the "filters" to allow love to pass through, and to neutralise anything that is intended for anything other than your highest good.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thank you!! I like the bubble shield, and I like the soft rose shade for it.

Wow, that place is just... creepy. Dude went off on me, then said we are getting along fine and he considers me a friend. There is a sense of secrecy there as well. I have not responded to the last message, because I am confused about the interaction. I have this nagging sense that was the point - but can't tell if it's coming from intuition or paranoia.

I see some red flags about it though. I think the people there have explored these sorts of things much more than I have.

I think probably it would be best if I not interact there anymore. Maybe the confusion and creepiness comes from some kind of enchantment they gave to the space, or from all the people shielding themselves, but... they talk about topics there that seem unethical to me and the place just has this cryptic secretive quality. I am doing a bit of shadow work on power right now, but I don't think that is a good place to do it.

At the moment I am not sure how to deal with this... it does not seem like the typical forum... I'm feeling concerned about potential consequences of just not responding, but I don't have experience with that energetic combat stuff either. Hard to tell but there's a chance this person's last response suggests energetic stuff happened as a way to prove a point.

So for now, I am just not responding to the last message that was all chummy after things about saying I'm an idiot. If folks here have suggestions for the best way to handle this, materially and energetically, I am curious to hear them. I recognize much of this could be in my head but I'd also like to be on the safe side... What is the best way to handle this if that place involves advanced practitioners and has a cultish vibe? Obviously, leaving - but how to handle the energetic side of doing so? And should I respond to the last message and say thank you and then leave? Or just leave and use some kind of something like the bubble shield?

Heh, I am not usually so skittish but this is a very new experience to me. Thanks again for the bubble shield!

P.S. I have had this weird feeling around my crown chakra as well, that wasn't there before, like a sense of pressure ... and dude explained to me a technique to link to someone and use that for psychic seduction or something else.

Gah this is an embarrassing space to be in. And I can't tell if it's just in my head. I just ate something in case this is just a blood sugar thing.

Visualization isn't my thing, so when I really feel a need for protection above and beyond normal, I use a prayer or mantra.

It is nice to see you here as a member, Rei.

You recently did a soul retrieval for me, to help me reconnect with abilities I lost in childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Visualization isn't my thing, so when I really feel a need for protection above and beyond normal, I use a prayer or mantra.

It is nice to see you here as a member, Rei.

You recently did a soul retrieval for me, to help me reconnect with abilities I lost in childhood.
    Oh, hi Tom! Lovely to see you Nice to be here for me as well. Especially lately while I am dealing with so many learning opportunities

Yeah, until I can figure out how much of this is just in my head, I am drawing on resources like those as well. In fact, I called in Shiva - because Shiva is very very powerful. Thanks for the idea to use prayer or mantra, good idea.

Blog Entries

the place just has this cryptic secretive quality.
    I know what you mean. I'm not crazy about that kind of thing, either.

I'm feeling concerned about potential consequences of just not responding, but I don't have experience with that energetic combat stuff either.
    Try fudging a little. Do a followup post that says that you're going on vacation, and won't be around. You don't have to clarify that the "vacation" is from the forum, nor that it may be a permanent vacation. Just be all casual-like and slip out the door with a wave and a smile, and by the time anyone notices you haven't come back, they'll be over any snits they may have been in.

Hard to tell but there's a chance this person's last response suggests energetic stuff happened as a way to prove a point.
    If it was me, I'd smack them silly with their own energy bull♥♥♥♥, but I tend to be .... let's just say I tend to embody Mother Goddess, and Mother Goddess is not someone you should intentionally piss off.

I recognize much of this could be in my head
    Everything is. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some energy vampirism going on. Sounds like there's some passive-aggressive stuff there (going off on you and then backing off like "Oh, wait, you thought I was mad at you? Hah, no, I just think you're a moron, but we're buds!"), and that's a very common habit of energy vamps.

I would also do some serious cord-cutting, and shield immediately. Sometimes when you cut cords, the vamp gets really upset and will initiate a nasty psychic attack as a kind of punishment or expression of their anger at being cut off.

I'm not necessarily saying this IS what's going on, but it's a good idea to cut cords and shield always, anyway, so you may as well. Just make sure you do specifics to that forum and to that person.

Although I will say that the very fact that you're upset and flustered enough to be talking about it here shows there IS something weird going on, energetically. It may or may not be intentional on the part of anyone else, but the whole situation feels really... itchy to me (I hope that word makes sense).

BTW, depending on what sort of occult work you're doing, I know of a very good forum for various aspects of magickal practice and related occult matters. Very mature crowd (which is rare) and other than a few random people who strike me as being kinda obnoxious, the vibe is very good. I'll PM you the site and you can check it out and see if it suits what you're working on.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    Try fudging a little. Do a followup post that says that you're going on vacation, and won't be around. You don't have to clarify that the "vacation" is from the forum, nor that it may be a permanent vacation. Just be all casual-like and slip out the door with a wave and a smile, and by the time anyone notices you haven't come back, they'll be over any snits they may have been in.
    This is a lovely idea. I don't expect instant trust as a new group member but I don't like the vibe there. Obviously I needed a little help with basic rational thought

If it was me, I'd smack them silly with their own energy b#llsh!t, but I tend to be .... let's just say I tend to embody Mother Goddess, and Mother Goddess is not someone you should intentionally p!ss off.
    Heh. Well, um... lightning, so.... At some point I'd like to start owning/expressing my power with a sense of control, so NOT when angry, because that is what got my reality doing allegedly impossible things that could have seriously hurt people. Just because I CAN get into a similar frame doesn't mean I want to... and I'd prefer to feel more control over the level I can reach when I'm really digging into my root chakra
    Everything is. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some energy vampirism going on. Sounds like there's some passive-aggressive stuff there (going off on you and then backing off like "Oh, wait, you thought I was mad at you? Hah, no, I just think you're a moron, but we're buds!"), and that's a very common habit of energy vamps.

I would also do some serious cord-cutting, and shield immediately. Sometimes when you cut cords, the vamp gets really upset and will initiate a nasty psychic attack as a kind of punishment or expression of their anger at being cut off.

I'm not necessarily saying this IS what's going on, but it's a good idea to cut cords and shield always, anyway, so you may as well. Just make sure you do specifics to that forum and to that person.
    Very good points. I did this after I read your response. I will do it again after I swing back by that place with my cordial exit. Who knows, I may have just created extra stuff in my head because the secrecy leads to a wild imagination but the odd vibe of the place was there in other moments too. The dude even said "you can't win" and spoke about enemies and, oh my, time to cut cords again lol

Although I will say that the very fact that you're upset and flustered enough to be talking about it here shows there IS something weird going on, energetically. It may or may not be intentional on the part of anyone else, but the whole situation feels really... itchy to me (I hope that word makes sense).
    Wow, I found myself really appreciating this comment. Sometimes it's hard to sort these subtle things out, so I appreciate this a lot.
    BTW, depending on what sort of occult work you're doing, I know of a very good forum for various aspects of magickal practice and related occult matters. Very mature crowd (which is rare) and other than a few random people who strike me as being kinda obnoxious, the vibe is very good. I'll PM you the site and you can check it out and see if it suits what you're working on.
    Coolio, that would be great.

Hello Rei! Glad to see you here! You did some healing on me about 2 months ago.

I do not have much experience in this area, but here are two methods that might help you.

The Cleansing Ritual & The Ninja Method
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8419

I have tried the Ninja Method with good results. It can be used on energy vamps and the like aswell.

Hope this helps!

Take care,
    John
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Hello Rei! Glad to see you here! You did some healing on me about 2 months ago.

I do not have much experience in this area, but here are two methods that might help you.

The Cleansing Ritual & The Ninja Method
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8419

I have tried the Ninja Method with good results. It can be used on energy vamps and the like aswell.

Hope this helps!

Take care,
    John
    Hiya John! Nice to see you around here I appreciate the methods very much. I am going to save them for future reference.

I have stopped giving attention/energy to the situation I posted about. It's unclear, still, whether there was any intentional decentering happening, but raising my vibration is valuable anyway. So that is where I stand on it. I think the Ninja Method could be helpful in creating further energetic clarity. Thanks for offering this