Looking at Hands / Spinning to move to different Location

Date:13/11/10 Time: on waking 9.30am

Starting Location: My old High School

Dream Contained: looking at hands, changing location, speaking with others, sea, beach, lake, canals, children, vision difficulties, merging / moving into outside window scene.

Becoming Lucid
I found myself walking along a corridor in my old High school, i turned right and went through the double doors into the hall and then it 'hit' me, i was 'dreaming'. There were some school children sitting in the room to my left and walking towards us was my old Primary School headmaster, i decided to turn around and go back out of the hall, which i did. The headmaster was saying something about my behaviour and was implying that perhaps i was drunk. {Haha, no not drunk, just lucid and off to explore}

I walked back along the corridor, but now i had two small children holding each of my hands, a girl on my right and a boy on my left. I asked the little boy his name, he replied, the name he told me was the name of my daughter's boyfriend and so i assumed it to be him. I also then 'knew' that the little girl on my right was my daughter, i asked her how old she was and she replied she was 7yrs old. This confused me somewhat as i had seen these children as being around 4 yrs old, when my daughter had said 7yrs, for a moment she became a 7yr old and briefly i could see her as this older child. We came to some double glass doors to our right and we went through, {mixed memories here} we went outside i think, but at the same time we were still indoors too?

I decided to think about what i could do and I remembered i could / should look for my hands. I crouched down to be at the same height as the children and said 'let's look at our hands'. This time my hands did not melt, i spent some considerable time looking at them, trying to remember how they looked so i could compare what i had seen in my dream with my 'real' hands when i awoke. I looked at one finger nail and then felt this nail with my other hand to see if it really was as it looked . . . and it was, {during this time i had no vision just physical feeling sense} i got myself confused here as i thought i had really done this with my physical body, but i hadn't. The look of one of my finger nails changed as i studied them, my hands seemed to have quite a few scratches and 'nicks' on them i made an effort to remember where these were to see if they were like that in 'real' life. {they are not}

Next, i remembered to try and get back to my physical body and had recalled reading something about spinning to change the dream scene. So with this thought i started 'spinning' {strange here, as not only did i not consider the children who had been with me, but being in a crouching position was no barrier at all to 'spinning'}
Spinning caused me to lose vision and everything became blurred, colours twisted until it became dark, at this point i thought my experience was over, but slowly shapes started to form in my vision and i could see something that resembled a door handle. The image became more and more coherent and clear until i could see a wardrope and then a whole room.

I was in a bedroom, but not one i recognised, the wardrope i recognised from my childhood, also a dressing table, there was a large white wicker box in the bedroom too. I can remember looking very carefully around the room, taking it all in so i would remember it all later on waking. Unfortunately although the 'feel' of the room and the experience of being there is still VERY clear to me, i can't recall many visual details of the room and it's content.

The bed was against the far wall and above the bottom end of the bed was a window, i climbed onto the bed and looked through the window. It seemed this room was 2 or 3 storeys high as the ground was a little way below me. i saw a sheep farm, lot's of sheep, a few people and tractors.
At this point i began having difficulty in seeing, i think i was connecting back with my real body, i felt like if i opened my eyes i would be opening my real eyes, but in the end i had to do this because i couldn't see. I opened my eyes and kept trying to open them wider and look and also i had to brush something away from infront of my eyes / face. I was very surprised because all this seemed to be happening to my dream eyes / vision and i found that i still reamined within the dream and it was my dream eyes i was closing and needing to open and not my physical body's eyes at all.
I continued looking and could now see a lake with ducks in it, as i continued to look i could constantly see more and different things all the time. There was a river coming from the lake and water channels, like strange canals everywhere between buildings etc. Then to the side i spotted a beach, sand and sea, my favourite place, the 'draw' of the beach was so powerful that i found myself automatically outside {at the time i didn't notice this had happened}

I was now in the seaside town, it was a bright sunny day, lots of people around, at this point i decided to try to find out where i was.
i stopped a passing lady and asked, if she knew where we were, she seemed not to really know and gave me an attempt at guessing. I didn't think she was right as the place she seemed to be implying i knew was not by the ocean, i thanked her and told her i could see some signs infront of me and would look there. I remember reading one sign, but it was intructions and not a place name, at this point all the other signs that i had thought i had seen seemed to have nothing written on them. I spotted another sign which appeared to be a name, i read it {can't remember now, about 5 letters in it, not a name i recognised} but realised this was just a dinosaur amusement park that the sign was pointing towards.

I walked back along the road i had taken and tried asking someone again, but as i did this, a group of people also came towards me and the person /group of people i was talking to, they were advertising some sort of insurance and pointing out possible dangers. The lady i asked seemed to recommend the sales group, but also could not tell me where i was.

I left these people behind and followed the road down to the beach, at this point i seemed to gain more awareness and realised i was losing my awareness through this desire to know where i was and that i better end the lucid dream now, or i might lose the whole experience. As soon as i decided to wake up, i was instantly awake.

Some thoughts
I seemed to be in a very light sleep, it was very easy to choose to be awake