Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My Lucid Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: My Lucid Dream Journal

In your 'dream moods' you basically reiterate your acquired knowledge. This is not what you, at this point, possess, but a bar set for your inspiration and learning.

The hippocampus is the memory clearing house and directs your conscious memories to some uber-complicated network of neurons which we call memory. I think lucid dreamers have learned or just have the benefit of an 'awake' hippocampus when they dream. Therefore, a lucid dream does not, as usual, go blank but stays for a length of time after waking.

You are on the right track. To recognize a dual existence is key.

Bravo to you.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    In your 'dream moods' you basically reiterate your acquired knowledge. This is not what you, at this point, possess, but a bar set for your inspiration and learning.
    Ah yea, sorry i didn't make this clear. i should of put 'From' Dream moods & linked it to where i got it from. this i put there for my own & others interest & understandings, i will correct it now, to make it clearer, Thanks

The hippocampus is the memory clearing house and directs your conscious memories to some uber-complicated network of neurons which we call memory. I think lucid dreamers have learned or just have the benefit of an 'awake' hippocampus when they dream. Therefore, a lucid dream does not, as usual, go blank but stays for a length of time after waking.
    Ok, interesting...

To recognize a dual existence is key.
    yes, this is what i have found too, my trouble tends to be in remembering what i 'know', so i can incorporate it in my life
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

non lucid dreams over 3 nights

Date: 13/01/14

non-lucid dream segments
    1. was about some 'people' using methods to alter /effect dreams (writing was involved)
    2. myself & others having to run /escape from the people chasing us
    3. on hoilday, i am in a bed & meant to be sleeping; my ex. lets the 3 dogs out to 'go pee' & i have to go out there to ensure no fighting happens with other dogs; my parents caravan is situated a little distance from the holiday chalet we are staying in & i am un-happy about this, i want them closer (like it always used to be)
    4. i am with a group of people & we are in what looks like a hot air balloon basket in the sky, only this one is made out of metal. i adjust my position as the space is cramped & the woman next to me falls from the basket to her death below, i am unsure if she fell because i moved or she jumped because she had had enough. it seems we are being forced to spend time like this. another women suggests we go rest on the ground when we are not being watched & we all decide to do this, if we are caught doing this we could be killed, but we have had enough; later as i am now moving (driving) away from this scene i see another woman held in stocks, she is in a bad way mentally & physically; as i ride away in the car i pay attention to the route
    5. i am driving my new car through a familiar road in town, but my brakes fail to slow me down as they should, this happens twice

14/01/15
    non-lucid dream segments
    1. was about cardboard cut-outs (association to real life events)
    2. a swimming gala, i was back competing again
    3. relatives visiting, a party i didn't want to attend, sweet spices given to me as a present
    4. a birthday card hand delivered arrives through our letter box, it has the number 107 written on it's for my ex. i know who it's from & what it's about

15/01/15
    non-lucid dream
    1. i dreamed i was working
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

non-lucid dream segments

Date: 16/01/14
    1. being in a relationship with another
    2. i was in university attending an art class; on a screen in front of the class an image of sheep / rams was displayed & we were to sketch it, then this image was changed to another image, an image containing a car, then this too changed; it was then that i realised this class was too advanced for me, as i had never studied art or passed any exams on the subject; i was also in another relationship

Date: 17/01/14
    1. i had a dream i was working(no details recalled)
    2. motorbike broken down; touring caravan; in a relationship & money
    3. back in my childhood home, was clearing house out, found some rooms full of items i didn't know existed, decided the place was too valuable to leave & felt i could not 'sell-up' (i was very engaged in looking at all the new items in the new rooms & studied what i could see in detail, however although i was able to do this, at the time i still did not realise i was dreaming)

Date: 18/01/14
    • on holiday in touring caravan, big ditches & craters in the ground, diffculty getting car & caravan out of the place to leave, our belongings got left behind down on the beach, a high wall & a drop to reach our belongings, using a rope to get down to beach & others wanting to help (my parents were responsible for the car & touring caravan in my dream, same as it used to be in real life for me); swimming in the sea, but i was afraid of objects under the water that might of been dangerous, i was in an unfamiliar sea, i stopped swimming out to sea & holding the float i had in my arms allowed the sea to wash me back in to shore, the sea/wave was very strong & i was very swiftly with a powerful force washed back to shore

Date: 19/01/14
    • working or busy in some place, where they were adults & children

Blog Entries

premonition or the cause of reality situation

Date: 20/01/14

non lucid dream segments

1. being in work type experience
    2. swimming gala; with an old swimming friend; trying to finish homework before gala started; diving in the pool
    3. i find my mobile phone, but it looks different (lost my phone in the house approx. 3 mths ago)

afternoon nap
    1. hypnagogic ~ bonus number 53

NOTES
    • trying to finish homework before gala started

This is interesting - i was meant to bring some written work home to do for tomorrow's meeting after work, i forgot, so now i will have to try & do it in the morning when i get to work, before i start work.

i will be 'trying to finish homework before work starts'

So was this a premonition of what was to come & if i'd of paid attention this morning, i might of made the connection & remembered to bring my homework home

or

was this dream the cause of me forgetting....?

------------------------
    i just used the auto - saved restore button, after i lost my writing from pressing a wrong key on the computer, & it magically brought my write-up back, that was nice .....never used it before..

Blog Entries

interesting connections with 2 non lucid dream segments

15/02/14

non -lucid dream segment
    I was dreaming that i was back in my childhood home again and decided to go look & show others the extra room space i had recently found. On going to look the changes of the extra rooms were no longer there & it was then i remembered that the extra rooms were not 'reality' but just in a dream. (all the while still dreaming)

below is the previous dream
    17/01 back in my childhood home, was clearing house out, found some rooms full of items i didn't know existed, decided the place was too valuable to leave & felt i could not 'sell-up' (i was very engaged in looking at all the new items in the new rooms & studied what i could see in detail, however although i was able to do this, at the time i still did not realise i was dreaming)
    Notes
    This happens to me quite alot in dreams, that is, i include 'dream memories & experiences' in my dreams in the same way i do my 3D reality experiences. It seems that my dreaming mind can access all my experiences & experience them as all equally 'real' within the dream space.

Another experience i found interesting yesterday:

i saw something move in the kitchen, whatever i 'saw' was not something physical...... but it 'broke' a dream segment & brought it back to my memory.

dream segment.
    i was looking through a large-ish square shaped hole in the bottom of the stairs & there were rabbits or rats or both running under the floor boards. (i think the rats morphed into rabbits at one point, because rabbits would be less worrying to have)

Notes
    i have had this type of dream - small furry animals under the floor boards (rats, mice, rabbits, guinea pigs) many times over the years, wonder if there is a 'symbolic meaning' to this (i will check later)

i did watch a comedy a week or so back where the little girl's hamster had been missing for 2 months & she wanted her parents to lift up the floor boards to search for him, ...so this could have caused the 'furry animals under the floorboards' dream to re-occur for me

Also now after having thought about this experience, so i could write it up here, i am wondering if what i 'saw' was a clairvoyant or minds eye vision, that was in actuality triggered by my 'physical eyes' seeing the wooden floor boards in my kitchen & making the connection with the dream memory.

.....i had 'seen' what appered to be a smallish, white furry object move, but this image was super imposed in mid air & my dream about the 'rats/ rabbits under the floorboards' was instantly recalled at this moment.

Blog Entries

impactful, vivid, non lucid dream

Date: 26/02/14

non-lucid dream
    The dream didn't really make alot of logical sense on waking in terms of describing it to others.

'i would grap a rope pulley system, hang on to a rope & get pulled up to a very high place (i am normally afraid of heights) it seemed i was very good at this & 'they' were impressed, i got the job

i was also an event organizer'

Notes
    The dream was very vivid & impactful, being one of them 'feel good' / 'feel right' dreams & i woke up feeling exhilarated & euphoric

.....unfortunately i didn't engage with the feelings for long, or appreciate it enough as i went back to sleep too soon...

Added note: i had been listening to binaural beats on my headphones again, that day before the nights sleep, i hadn't used binaural beats for a while before this, the beat i listened to was for 'depression & anxiety' & i feel this had some part to play in this 'upbeat' dream i later that night
    Last edited by newfreedom; 1st March 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Previous dreams become more real

Date: 28/02/14

Notes
    i have had many dreams over the years about the area in front of my present home, being different than it actually is. There is a 'green' (grass) in front of the bungalow & a turning circle / parking area for cars on the right.

Yesterday the council working on nearby homes, decided to temporarily install a huge portacabin on the 'green' right in front of our home .......this triggered the memory recall of the many dreams i have had about this area. It was quite strange, leaving me with a feeling that somehow the dreams were true 'as here was the proof'

At first, i reacted to this portacabin situation through my old view points, lost in judgements & learnt opinions, .....however this way of perceiving soon 'switched' (thankgoodness) & i was able to be more 'open' to the physical situation, it's meanings & the possible implications

......interestingly part of the name written on this portacabin was 'evolution' ....elliotevolution
    Last edited by newfreedom; 3rd December 2015 at 07:38 PM.

Blog Entries

non lucid dream

Date: 01/03/14

non lucid dream segment
    There was a animal under a shed / building of my childhood home i used a stick to encourage it out, it was a wild rabbit, after some effort, myself & my mum managed to get it into a cage. the intention was to release it somewhere appropriate /in the wild

Notes
    Decided to write this dream up today as it appears to be the only dream memory from last night & is simple (at the moment) usually i have at least 2 or 3 dream memory segments. i've not been paying attention to my dreams again lately, nor felt like writing them up.

'Small animals under the flloorboards' type dream again

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast