Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My Lucid Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: My Lucid Dream Journal

My Closest Experience to Sleep Paralysis Symptoms

Date: 24/10/10 Time: woke at 1.30 am

Starting Location: From my Body in my bed

Experience Contained: sleep paralysis, 3rd eye projection, transition sensations, airborne, fears{electrical wires/cables} other people

Becoming Lucid
    I woke up {so i thought} from a slightly disturbing dream, that had started to become nightmarish, but then seemed to be still dreaming, {i later remembered scuffles around my bed and being dragged out of my bed} i was in my bed and there were monsters {like the aliens from the film Alien} coming through my door into my bedroom. At this point i seemed to gain more awareness {probably from my desperation to avoid the approaching aliens} and realised i was asleep in bed, this got rid of the aliens AND although i was awake i couldn't move. WOW i thought to myself, this must be similar to the famous sleep paralysis i've heard about. I was not aware of seeing or being able to 'look', but felt completely aware on some level of my visual surroundings, maybe this came from knowing i was in my body and just 'knowing' where i was.

Then i felt { and heard and saw in my mind's eye} a 'tazar-like-buzz' crackle through me causing a strong vibration / tremor. {this appeared to go across my body, approx. level with my chest area} Although i often feel alsorts of different energy sensations, this was VERY different than i had ever experienced before and i think that this was so, because of being in this 'type of' sleep paralysis awareness that i had also never experienced {so lucidly as this ?} before.

I thought WOW {again } this must be a Pre- OBE vibration, then i heard loud roaring, ripping, twisting noises, mixed in with normal earth type noises all mixed together, i recognised this type of sound { i had heard this once before - see notes at end} i find this sound to be different to 'normal' reality sound, it's almost as if there is a buffer between me and the sound. Also i think that is the reason the energy vibration felt completely different, it also, felt like something was absorbing the impact even though i was very aware of how strong the vibration felt.

I wonder if my point of awareness at this time was in my projected double {is that the name ?} already and that is why these experiences felt soo different to me.

Another vibration crackled through me the same as the first, i was then aware of travelling forwards at a very high speed {i think this might be phasing {in some form ? } or projection from the 3rd eye charkra ? } and for a split moment there was a point of light i could see in front of me, still moving rapidly forwards, i became closer and closer to this point of light, as at the same time i found myself running {in my body} down a road - I WAS OUT - YIPEEEEEEEE

Because of the way i was conscious going 'out' i did expect to pop out by the bed, in my room {but never mind} i was out and thrilled and felt very, very lucid at this point. Super

I seem to have mixed memories about the road i was runnning along, i have a memory of it being an unknown 'non real' road while i also feel it was two other roads {in real reality} too. Hmmmm . . . . . i think i have older dream, OBE ? memories from running along these roads that are getting mixed up with where i actually was.

I knew the location i was at, a real place in my old neighbourhood, i had stopped running and was standing still. Two lads in there late teens {my son's old school friends had lived in this area} were buzzing and whizzing around in the air having fun, i didn't recognise either of them. They also seemed elated to be out of their bodies, i tried to share my own delight about being out of my body too and whizzed into the air to show them, but they seemed not to notice me. I was aware at this point, {without actually directly looking at or for this} that the scenery around was / had morphed and no longer fully showed 'real-time' scenery. Although i still had a feeling sense of where i was in 'real' reality and was in the same area.

I can remember soaring up into the dark sky with delight and looking down at the town lights sparkling below all around, beautiful - sooo freeing. {this reminds me now, that although i had not thought about it at the time, the enviroment was dark and dusky but light enough to see, the normal brightness that streets lights provide i guess}

The lads were now also high in the sky and there were wires {electrical} around { i do have fear issues with these 'dam' wires and have got completely freaked out by them at times in past lucid dreams, OBE's to the point of where i can't remain airbourne or travel and also that they seem to suddenly appear in there 100's because of my fear}

One lad hit the wire, it sparked i saw flames and he looked charcoaled as he fell, { on T.V recently i saw a fireman trying to get a cat out of a tree, hit an electrical caple and get 'electric shocked' {he survived luckily and the cat too} so i now feel that this event was connected to this real memory of mine} I became worried by the cables / wires and for a while lost some lucidity while i found myself surrounded by wires. I realised i was loosing the lucid experience and tried to get back to my body so i could remember and record all the really 'exciting' bits.

All willing and asking to get back to my body failed, i found myself spinning in the air with my arms stretched out ?? So i felt the only way to get back was to travel there. {Sometimes i just do not seem to have the awareness, ability or 'knowing' to 'be' back in my body, yet other times i can just will it and i am awake}

Un- expectedly i did manage to remain awake / lucid until i woke up, at that point i was still trying to 'travel' back to my body. The rest of my experience was more dream like, in that i was interacting with others, but not really being in control of the 'storyline', so i'll finish writing it very briefly.

Travelling back to body, airbourne, met and chatted to my two nieces, jumped in a truck to catch a lift home, truck stopped off, i carried on airbourne following 'real' road, scenery changed {DAM it} in a building of sorts with rooms, someone - a woman coming i felt like hiding so as to not get caught up in any interactions, left building, asked my spirit teams to get me back to my body, found my self airbourne again this time flying with a whole kingdom ? of other people, being told i was the clothes maker of the king ?? i said 'i don't think so, i am rubbish at sewing', was then told that before this duty i had been the jester {that's more like it} Anyway the king wanted to go to the loo and so we stopped, i was just helping the king undo his lower garment outside the toilet cubicle . . . when i FINALLY woke up and was back in my body {3 cheers for the kings toilet needs. . . }

Some thoughts / notes
    Although i don't think i have experienced sleep paralysis type symptoms much before, at least not this lucid anyway. I have had many experiences of being pulled out of bed and scuffles and fights around the bed often with seemingly unseen beings, which i now know are related to this experience. So these experiences around the bed, that feel very physical and real are probably connected to me being out of my body but too close to it and me not being lucid or aware enough to realise 'what's going on properly' at that time, and so, seem often to take on a nightmarish feel.

i had heard loud roaring, ripping, twisting noises, mixed in with normal earth type noises all mixed together once before, back over 10 yrs ago, whilst i was reading Roberts Astral Dynamics book for the first time and also reading 'The Psychic Explorer' - V Van Dam. i was aware of being 'awake' but body asleep and i tried the 'Spiral' technique {which is basically just spinning yourself free} to get out of my body, i heard the astral - type sounds at that time. I did also get out of body at that time and found myself in a dream / astral - type enviroment.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Hi newfreedom. I have a few thoughts. Take them or leave them, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by newfreedom
    My Closest Experience to Sleep Paralysis Symptoms

Becoming Lucid
    I woke up {so i thought} from a slightly disturbing dream, that had started to become nightmarish, but then seemed to be still dreaming, {i later remembered scuffles around my bed and being dragged out of my bed} i was in my bed and there were monsters {like the aliens from the film Alien} coming through my door into my bedroom. At this point i seemed to gain more awareness {probably from my desperation to avoid the approaching aliens} and realised i was asleep in bed, this got rid of the aliens AND although i was awake i couldn't move. WOW i thought to myself, this must be similar to the famous sleep paralysis i've heard about. I was not aware of seeing or being able to 'look', but felt completely aware on some level of my visual surroundings, maybe this came from knowing i was in my body and just 'knowing' where i was.

Then i felt { and heard and saw in my mind's eye} a 'tazar-like-buzz' crackle through me causing a strong vibration / tremor. Although i often feel alsorts of different energy sensations, this was VERY different than i had ever experienced before and i think that this was so, because of being in this 'type of' sleep paralysis awareness that i had also never experienced {so lucidly as this ?} before.
    I would say that you were already projected, and became lucid upon reentry.

I though WOW {again } this must be a Pre- OBE vibration, then i heard loud roaring, ripping, twisting noises, mixed in with normal earth type noises all mixed together, i recognised this type of sound { i had heard this once before - see notes at end} i find this sound to be different to 'normal' reality sound, it's almost as if there is a buffer between me and the sound. Also i think that is the reason the energy vibration felt completely different, it also, felt like something was absorbing the impact even though i was very aware of how strong the vibration felt.
    I believe these are reentry vibrations, and that you had momentary sleep paralysis upon reentry. It didn't last long, because you were ready to go again as soon as you got back.

I wonder if my point of awareness at this time was in my projected double {is that the name ?} already and that is why these experiences felt soo different to me.
    I think you were bilocating, and the paralysis is the awareness of your body, while the figures were the point of view of the projected double, happening at the same time.

Another vibration crackled through me the same as the first, i was then aware of travelling forwards at a very high speed {i think this might be phasing {in some form ? } or projection from the 3rd eye charkra ? } and for a split moment there was a point of light i could see in front of me, still moving rapidly forwards, i became closer and closer to this point of light, as at the same time i found myself running {in my body} down a road - I WAS OUT - YIPEEEEEEEE
    Yeah, you got out again. It was a third eye projection (phasing doesn't always have such a fast feeling of movement. This is my most favorite exit sensation, by the way. I love 'going' with it.

I seem to have mixed memories about the road i was runnning along, i have a memory of it being an unknown 'non real' road while i also feel it was two other roads {in real reality} too. Hmmmm . . . . . i think i have older dream, OBE ? memories from running along these roads that are getting mixed up with where i actually was.
    I believe these were transitional sensations, which triggered memories of previous times you have done this mostly unconscious.

i had heard loud roaring, ripping, twisting noises, mixed in with normal earth type noises all mixed together once before, back over 10 yrs ago. Whilst i was reading Roberts Astral Dynamics book for the first time, i was aware of being 'awake' but body asleep and i tried the twisting tornado technique to get out of my body, i heard the astral - type sounds at that time. I did also get out of body at that time and found myself in a dream / astral - type enviroment.
    These and all other types of transitional sensations are usually more dramatic when you begin to have conscious projections, and usually 'smooth out' or go away altogether except for reentry. (For most people, anyway). For some reason, at least for me, reentry sensations maintain their strength.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Hi newfreedom. I have a few thoughts. Take them or leave them, as usual.
    Hi CFTraveler,

I'll take them all, Thankyou . . . very helpful and very much appreciated

Yeah, you got out again. It was a third eye projection (phasing doesn't always have such a fast feeling of movement. This is my most favorite exit sensation, by the way. I love 'going' with it.
    Yes, i thought it was pretty awesome too, So, CFTraveler do you always find you are still moving forwards rapidly when you arrive 'out' ? {with the 3rd eye type of projection} like i found myself running forwards. Or can you also just arrive 'out' standing still / stationary with this type of exit too ?
    I was wondering if i will ever find myself 'out' close to my sleeping body {eg. my bedroom} with this type of exit.

Prompted by your helpful thoughts, I think i will read up on transitional sensations and different types of exit experiences

It's really great to experience new experiences, as I find it really helps me in being able to 'take in', understand and appreciate 'old information' {eg. info. i've already read in the past} on new, deeper and more meaningful levels

Joining this forum and 'writing -up' my experiences here, has been really beneficial for my progress, i had been only able to recal approx. 10 lucid dreams {during my whole 41 yrs of life} before i started writing them up on here. Within the last 3 months i have already experienced and written up 10 Lucid dream {or OoBE} events The last experience being very profound and exciting for me.

So a BIG THANKYOU to Robert and ALL here who make this wonderful forum possible xxx
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

So, CFTraveler do you always find you are still moving forwards rapidly when you arrive 'out' ? {with the 3rd eye type of projection} like i found myself running forwards. Or can you also just arrive 'out' standing still / stationary with this type of exit too ?
    Mostly moving- I usually end up in a tunnel and then go from there, sometimes merge into a landscape and I'm stationary.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Mostly moving- I usually end up in a tunnel and then go from there, sometimes merge into a landscape and I'm stationary.
    Ok, right that's interesting.
    I have only ever experienced the dark tunnel phenomena once, over 20yrs ago, a few weeks after giving birth to my first child {a son}. At that time i had 'moved' into very high energy {post-natal high?} and had my very first profound spiritual experiences, which included some OoBE's amonst other things.

One night i found myself floating down a dark tunnel and i just 'knew' it was the 'death tunnel' and i thought i was dying, i screamed with all my might 'NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo' and thankfully at that time, this stopped the experince and i suddenly found myself back in my body, awake.
    i felt the most forfilled in life i had ever experienced after giving birth to my son and definately didn't want to die at that time and leave my newborn son without his mother.

The other out of body experiences i had at this time were not frightening and were exhilarating, freeing and comforting.

I have wondered since, if i hadn't of been afraid of the tunnel and thought that i was dying and hadn't stopped the process, it might just of been a 'normal' OoBE, but back then i had no knowledge of OoBE's or anything spiritual at all.

My instinct at that time yelled out at me to get out of there and not go down the tunnel.

Blog Entries

Non-Lucid Dream connected with sleep paralysis and transitional type sensations

Date: 29/10/10 Time: On waking 3am {fell asleep approx. 12 midnight}

Experience Contained: transitional sensations, entity or presence, paralysis, false awakening, feeling of physical pain, floating

Becoming lucid
    I did not become lucid through the whole of this experience

I was aware of a sharp pain in my left side, 'someone' was pushing down strongly on the lower part of my left ribcage, using their hand or so it felt like. I tried to move to get away, but i couldn't and this seemed to prompt the 'being' / 'presence' to push down harder and thus increasing the pain. {some memory loss at this point}

{NB. the pain could of been real sensations of pain, i do sometimes suffer from lower backache and indigestion, also i realise i could of been lying awkward too}

Next i find myself lying on my back, but i am floating about meter high off the bed i am in the midst of a wild raging storm, the wind is roaring, howling and battering me, but my body does not move despite the winds force blasting me, it seems to come from the direction of my bed headboard. i am aware of a presence or an entity by the side of my head on my left hand side and i see this in my mind's eye as a spiky black cloud with spots and streaks of light mingled in too. I feel this entity is trying to hurt me and it feels like i am fighting for my life. I tell this entity to 'Be gone' {i had watched a film recently where a man had used these words} I also ask my spirit teams over and over again to 'clear this entity away'

My ex-partner who sleeps in the next room, came in to see what all the commotion was about, waking me up and 'pulling' me out of the nightmarish experience. He then leaves the room {more dreaming, but i don't recall any of it} . . . . . and then i REALLY woke up.

Some thoughts / notes
    In 'real' physical life it was a very windy night that night, however i am unable to hear the wind from inside the house and i can only see the tree shadows dancing in the wind.

I feel perhaps the experience was connected to sleep paralysis symptoms {unable to move} and also that maybe i was either in the process of leaving my body or returning to it and the wild storm was transitional sounds and sensations.

Not sure about the entity / or presence, could of been due to the mind-split effect and astral feedback ?

If i had of been more aware or lucid i might of had more understanding of what was really taking place at this time and the whole experience might of been less nightmarish and more enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Hypnogogic Voices

Date:30/10/10 Time:9pm

Although i find i am able to see hypnagogic images more frequently these days just before falling asleep, it's not often i hear sounds or voices.
    I was lying in my bed, with the intention of going to sleep quite soon, just thinking things over, when i heard someone, a male voice, say my name 3 times, this brought me back to 'full' waking awakeness. The way the 'voice' was saying my name was like 'he' was trying to get my attention / to 'reach me' / get through to me.

Sometimes i have also heard my dad's voice call my name with the same kind of tone, like he is trying to get my attention. {My dad 'passed on' 12 yrs ago now}
    What always amazes me about these hypnagogic voices, is the fact that they always sound so real, with just the same 'realness' as any sound i would hear with my 'normal' 3D reality hearing.
    Last edited by newfreedom; 12th January 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Non-Lucid Dream - Fir tree

I decided to record here, this part of my dream because it connects to one of my previous lucid dreams
    {See: Two Lucid Dreams in the same morning - Dream 2.}
    I decided to go around to the back of the houses, using the path around to get to the back {garden} i was curious to see if a big fir tree i had left behind, when i moved was still there, still alive and 'growing'. To my delight it was, the top had been cut and it was being kept managable but it was still there {i actually don't know if this is true or not, i should go and 'really' look one day, though i might be disappointed and upset if in reality it's been cut down}
    Date:5/11/10

{NB. In dreams i often find myself living back in the previous house that i used to live in.}

In this dream i didn't know why i had moved back into the house {and usually i don't know the reason} and i was not happy about being back there either. The garden had been changed since the last time i had lived there, i looked to see if the old fir tree i had left behind when we moved was still there, but it wasn't it had completely gone.

The interesting thing here is, that during the dream {thinking it was 'real'} i remember thinking to myself that the lucid dream experience i'd previously had, where i had checked up on the tree and had seen the tree still standing was obviously incorrect

So i was dreaming, and in this dream was remembering a recent lucid dream experience too.

ADDED NOTE:
    Around April 2011 i did walk around the outside of my old back garden but unfortunately could no longer see the fir tree from behind the hedge, so either it was being kept very short or it had gone ..
    Last edited by newfreedom; 12th January 2014 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Using Arms to get airbourne
    {only partial memory of dream}

Date:6/11/10 Time:On waking 4am

Becoming Lucid
    i can't remember when it happened

Unfortunately i was not able to remember alot of/all of the lucid dream, but decided to record it here anyway, as it was a lucid dream experience.

I felt very 'present' and was very excited as i usually am on being awake in a dream. This time i was able to use my arms in a 'type of' slow flapping motion to get myself into the air. {it felt like being under water, doing full breaststroke arms} Each time i moved my arms in this fashion i gained more height off the ground. There were also telephone wires around which normally 'freak me out' but i was able to manoeuvre around these this time without any problems and I rose very high into the sky.

At one point i deliberately looked at my surroundings so i would remember when i woke up what it had been like, everything was so very colourful and vivid, {almost cartoon-like} but the scene i was now viewing was unfamiliar to me and not the road i had started the experience in.

The only other thing i remember is thinking to myself, i must get back to my body to wake myself up, or i'll lose all of this wonderful experience.

Some Thoughts / Notes - Reasons for the very poor dream recall ?
    I think i must of falied to get back to my body/wake up when i decided that i should, as when i did wake up i had been busily dreaming other non-lucid dreams.
    Or maybe i did wake up partially straight after the lucid dream, managing to recall some dream memory before falling back off to sleep again, but i don't remember doing this.

Blog Entries

Looking at Hands / Spinning to move to different Location

Date:13/11/10 Time: on waking 9.30am

Starting Location: My old High School

Dream Contained: looking at hands, changing location, speaking with others, sea, beach, lake, canals, children, vision difficulties, merging / moving into outside window scene.

Becoming Lucid
    I found myself walking along a corridor in my old High school, i turned right and went through the double doors into the hall and then it 'hit' me, i was 'dreaming'. There were some school children sitting in the room to my left and walking towards us was my old Primary School headmaster, i decided to turn around and go back out of the hall, which i did. The headmaster was saying something about my behaviour and was implying that perhaps i was drunk. {Haha, no not drunk, just lucid and off to explore}

I walked back along the corridor, but now i had two small children holding each of my hands, a girl on my right and a boy on my left. I asked the little boy his name, he replied, the name he told me was the name of my daughter's boyfriend and so i assumed it to be him. I also then 'knew' that the little girl on my right was my daughter, i asked her how old she was and she replied she was 7yrs old. This confused me somewhat as i had seen these children as being around 4 yrs old, when my daughter had said 7yrs, for a moment she became a 7yr old and briefly i could see her as this older child. We came to some double glass doors to our right and we went through, {mixed memories here} we went outside i think, but at the same time we were still indoors too?

I decided to think about what i could do and I remembered i could / should look for my hands. I crouched down to be at the same height as the children and said 'let's look at our hands'. This time my hands did not melt, i spent some considerable time looking at them, trying to remember how they looked so i could compare what i had seen in my dream with my 'real' hands when i awoke. I looked at one finger nail and then felt this nail with my other hand to see if it really was as it looked . . . and it was, {during this time i had no vision just physical feeling sense} i got myself confused here as i thought i had really done this with my physical body, but i hadn't. The look of one of my finger nails changed as i studied them, my hands seemed to have quite a few scratches and 'nicks' on them i made an effort to remember where these were to see if they were like that in 'real' life. {they are not}

Next, i remembered to try and get back to my physical body and had recalled reading something about spinning to change the dream scene. So with this thought i started 'spinning' {strange here, as not only did i not consider the children who had been with me, but being in a crouching position was no barrier at all to 'spinning'}
    Spinning caused me to lose vision and everything became blurred, colours twisted until it became dark, at this point i thought my experience was over, but slowly shapes started to form in my vision and i could see something that resembled a door handle. The image became more and more coherent and clear until i could see a wardrope and then a whole room.

I was in a bedroom, but not one i recognised, the wardrope i recognised from my childhood, also a dressing table, there was a large white wicker box in the bedroom too. I can remember looking very carefully around the room, taking it all in so i would remember it all later on waking. Unfortunately although the 'feel' of the room and the experience of being there is still VERY clear to me, i can't recall many visual details of the room and it's content.

The bed was against the far wall and above the bottom end of the bed was a window, i climbed onto the bed and looked through the window. It seemed this room was 2 or 3 storeys high as the ground was a little way below me. i saw a sheep farm, lot's of sheep, a few people and tractors.
    At this point i began having difficulty in seeing, i think i was connecting back with my real body, i felt like if i opened my eyes i would be opening my real eyes, but in the end i had to do this because i couldn't see. I opened my eyes and kept trying to open them wider and look and also i had to brush something away from infront of my eyes / face. I was very surprised because all this seemed to be happening to my dream eyes / vision and i found that i still reamined within the dream and it was my dream eyes i was closing and needing to open and not my physical body's eyes at all.
    I continued looking and could now see a lake with ducks in it, as i continued to look i could constantly see more and different things all the time. There was a river coming from the lake and water channels, like strange canals everywhere between buildings etc. Then to the side i spotted a beach, sand and sea, my favourite place, the 'draw' of the beach was so powerful that i found myself automatically outside {at the time i didn't notice this had happened}

I was now in the seaside town, it was a bright sunny day, lots of people around, at this point i decided to try to find out where i was.
    i stopped a passing lady and asked, if she knew where we were, she seemed not to really know and gave me an attempt at guessing. I didn't think she was right as the place she seemed to be implying i knew was not by the ocean, i thanked her and told her i could see some signs infront of me and would look there. I remember reading one sign, but it was intructions and not a place name, at this point all the other signs that i had thought i had seen seemed to have nothing written on them. I spotted another sign which appeared to be a name, i read it {can't remember now, about 5 letters in it, not a name i recognised} but realised this was just a dinosaur amusement park that the sign was pointing towards.

I walked back along the road i had taken and tried asking someone again, but as i did this, a group of people also came towards me and the person /group of people i was talking to, they were advertising some sort of insurance and pointing out possible dangers. The lady i asked seemed to recommend the sales group, but also could not tell me where i was.

I left these people behind and followed the road down to the beach, at this point i seemed to gain more awareness and realised i was losing my awareness through this desire to know where i was and that i better end the lucid dream now, or i might lose the whole experience. As soon as i decided to wake up, i was instantly awake.

Some thoughts
    I seemed to be in a very light sleep, it was very easy to choose to be awake

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast