Thread: dreaming life?

Alaskans Guest

dreaming life?

I was having a terrible curse of negative energy. Im not interested in negative things, but it seemed out of my controll. I think a lot of it may have been from family members. My mom was given a lot of challenges in this life, its often left up to me to do things like fill her pillbox and drive her (shes visually challenged). I was driving her one night to her home 27 miles from town allong a dark wooded highway. That evening they were doing brushing and I thought I saw a branch laying in the road ahead. By the time I realized it was an owl it was too late. Ive never seen an owl let alone hit one, I've never hit any animal with my car in my life for that matter. Something about it seemed strange, you dont just hit an owl. Why was it just standing motionless on the road? It was also the place my sister went off the road and hit a tree. I wondered if unlike me she swerved in time to miss an owl, but crashed instead. "It seems like a sign" I said. I kept the owl warm in hope that it was still alive, but it was definately dead.
    The next morning I was half awake to the sound of mom screaming at dad in the worste, most negative mood I could imagine. It was just pure venom. You ever wake up to heavy rock? Well this was like waking up to satanic deathmetal. I shrugged it off. That day I was going to juneau to watch a friends birds. I was happy to help her out and get out of town, but waking up like that must have disturbed me subconciously because the negative energy was much worse, I was totally destroyed. I could barely function. In juneau some things happened that completely changed that. I gained renewed focus and life purpose. And I realized many important things, one of wich is; you cant save someone by jumping in the quicksand with them.
    I promised to never again allow myself to be hurt by negativity, even leave my family behind to do so. I gained new respect and value for all my friends with good outlooks on life. Was like a 'rebirth' I told one.

A couple days later I returned to haines and I saw another owl, it flew right at the windshield. I nearly freaked because I thought it might hit, but it just cleared the roof. That was the second time I saw an owl. The next day I had an experience where I gained a few years worth of spiritual knowledge, as much as I could stand.
    I felt like I was being shown dream symbology. Like waking life and dreams are sisters. Recently a raven joined a group of people around a fire. They were going to shoot it when one of them said "You know what it means when a raven lands near a fire like that? Someone is going to die." The next day one of them did die in a snowmachine accident on the mountain. So, I was a little worried about the owl.
    Now that I got the stories out of the way.. the dream symbology contained in these recent events:

Owl
    To hear the hoot of an owl in your dream, denotes disappointments and death. Your unconscious mind may be trying to get your attention.
    To see a dead owl in your dream, signifies some illness or death.Death in this sense may be a symbolic death, as in an important transition in life or the end of a negative habit.
    To see an owl in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, insight, magic, expanded awareness and virtue. You are highly connected to your intuitive senses and psychic power. The owl is also synonymous with death, darkness and the unconscious. The appearance of an owl may be telling you to let go of the past or certain negative behaviors.

Raven
    To see a raven in your dream, symbolizes betrayal, disharmony, misfortune, and death. The death may be a symbolic death in that it signals an end to a habit or phase in your life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that someone is taking advantage of your misfortune.

I cant see it all as being coincidence.
    I feel that faith plays a key role. The raven would not have come in warning had there not been someone there who understood. I wouldnt have seen the owls if I hadnt felt it was something more.

Blog Entries

Re: dreaming life?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    Like waking life and dreams are sisters.
    That's a very apt simile/metaphor. And yes, that is the experience I live and have lived for a while now.

Death in this sense may be a symbolic death, as in an important transition in life or the end of a negative habit.

The death may be a symbolic death in that it signals an end to a habit or phase in your life.
    There you go. That resonates.

I cant see it all as being coincidence.
    As an experiment, try to imagine that there is NO coincidence. That everything, no matter if it makes conscious sense to you or not, is a thread in an intricate and deliberate pattern being woven. Just try it for, say, thirty days, and see what it does for you.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.