Thread: Driving...badly, again!

Driving...badly, again!

Hey guys,

In the waking world i am able to operate a motor vehicle with some degree of proficiency (i think!) but when i find myself dreaming about driving a car i can never control it. I have had several of these dreams about driving and in all of the them i struggle to keep the car on the road. It's as if the car is getting faster and faster and i have no control over the gas. I narrowly miss other cars, am all over the road, don't know where i am going and can never bring it under control.

In some dreams i have hit other cars or careered off the road, at which point i wake up.

Is there any obvious meaning in there?

Could it reflect a subconscious feeling of lack of control in my waking life, perhaps?

Any ideas or just thoughts are welcome

Love

Blog Entries

Re: Driving...badly, again!

My understanding on dream symbology is that a car symbolizes your vehicle- it can mean your life, or your body, or your mind even, depending on what's going on. From the looks of the dreams you've outlined here, it sounds like you feel like your life is out of control. Do you ever have anyone else driving the car in these?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I am always the one behind the wheel but i do have passengers with me sometimes. If the car represents my body or mind then i can see how it would translate to not being in control at the moment, in the sense i can let worries run away with me and perhaps not confronting certain issues which i have allowed to control how i have lived over recent years.

Thank you for your input

Blog Entries

Hello, Stevie.

Cars can be a versatile symbol.

If you're saying that you have a "run-away" mind then the car can relate to your inner state. The collisions could then be mental conflicts requiring resolution, being taken off the road could mean your life is "off track" in regard to an important matter.

When you're in a car and you're the driver there is also the chance it pertains to one of your energy bodies (it is then a "vehicle of consciousness"). In that case you would experience being in that body without having the experience of being in control of that body. This strongly reminds me how they taught artificial intelligences to fly - they put them in a simulated environment again and again until they started to find apropriate reactions instead of crashing the planes they were supposed to control.

One explanation does not exclude another. All aspects of your being are interrelated, but not always directly or in an obvious way. Beliefs about not being in control of your life will play out in your dreams and might also impact how you experience your energy bodies.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

All of my driving dreams have to do with how I'm managing my life. I've had dreams where I was driving along a road and it turned into a roller coaster, or the road I was on got more and more narrow until the car went off a cliff (fear that I'm out of control and going to crash). More than once I've dreamed that I was driving from the passenger seat (at the time I had a partner who was basically entirely inept and I felt that I had to drive on his behalf as well as my own). My most persistent driving dreams were when I first moved to Australia from the United States, and I kept having dreams where I couldn't figure out which side of the road to drive on (that was symbolic of which parts of my original culture to keep and how Australian I should become). There are other driving dreams as well, but these are a few that leap to mind.

Generally speaking, driving is about ability, control, skill, etc., and a road is a common metaphor for life.

Whether or not this applies directly to you, well, I can't say. But there you go, a bit of food for thought, anyway.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hey,

Thanking you kindly, CW and Korpo for the replies

Very interesting information, appreciated!