Thread: Friend breaks into my home.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Friend breaks into my home.

edit

Blog Entries

Re: Friend breaks into my home...

Hello, SleepGOTweird.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepGOTweird
    The dream starts out in a YMCA-like setting with young adults congregating in a facility with a gymnasium, swimming pool, and shower area, but with a twist--it had bars everywhere where the (mostly) young adults would purchase food and alcohol.
    Seems like it's fun to stay at the YMCA.

This seems to be a comment about youth culture, maybe, or attitudes you see around you everyday. The teens depicted here could represent "immature attitudes." Or even being "intoxicated" by something.

There seems to be a connection between the later events and the alcohol at the YMCA, so maybe the kind of intoxication is being driven by negative emotions. Your friend seems absorbed in acting out these emotions and oblivious to outside input. Maybe that's what he's "drunk on." The teens seem to generalise this topic, maybe.

Do you perceive people surrounding you as immature or pursueing pleasures you cannot relate to? The theme seems to come up on the dance floor.

Being attacked in your home is about feeling insecure or threatened even in one's secure space. But he's not attacking you, he's vandalising your home. You already characterised this as place of rest and comfort - symbolised by wanting to go to sleep and the presence of your parents. Note how the situation coincides with the vanishing of your parents - the comfort gets taken away, the security is gone.

"Your home" can also represent your self. Here valuable stuff belonging to your parents is attacked. This could be "values" handed down to you by your parents that are broken down.

The futuristic machinery could be something related to your energy body or "something energetic" - futuristic machinery always representing power, enhanced capabilities beyond what we think of as normal today, etc.

So, this could be about belief system damage, feeling a conflict with the world that surrounds you and the values and beliefs you hold. Also, at the end you are "not being believed." The teens here representing our culture and its predominant immature values (pleasure principle), and they confront you.

All throughout the dream also a code of conduct is exposed that you would not condone. Inapropriate behaviour is directed at you, this includes damaging what's yours, trying to blame you and make you the scapegoat, lying, etc. This could be a representation of values you observe around you.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Friend breaks into my home...

Sleepgotweird, I think you have encountered your individual shadow (as well as a collective one) in your dream. I suggest you do a bit of reading on the topic.

Also, consider what qualities you associate with your friend. This might give you further insights.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)