Thread: Through the surface

Through the surface

2010-08-10

Hey guys! I’m back, and things seem to be looking up in my life. I would love to hear your opinions on these three dreams I had this night/morning.

Dream 1

Note 1: This dream is a bit unclear with low lucidity throughout. I only remember the main parts of it.

I’m somewhere in a village, and it seems I’ve moved into a house here with my parents. The sun is shining, and everything seems fine. But the rest of the village is quite upset with us for some reason. There is a celebration going on, or maybe a market of some sort, and when we appear there they start to drive us away. They almost attack us, and they don’t want us living here anymore. I wake up.

Dream 2:

Note 2: Here, lucidity is good. Everything is very detailed.

Me and my parents are going in a car up a large hill. The light of dawn has broken over us and the large hill, the trees, everything glows golden and beautifully.

The road winds up along the side of the hill. Almost at the top is a man made basin filled with clear water. It seems to be from ancient times, maybe from the Roman Empire or ancient Greece.

My mother dives into the water with extraordinary grace and calls to me: “Come! It’s nice!”

Some other people are already there, swimming. They look like travelling people.

I hesitate, but dive in. In the water, I feel wierd, like I don’t know what’s up or down. I wake up.

Note 3: After I wake up, I record the two dreams on my cellphone voice-recorder-thingy. I remember Olivers interpretation of one of my earlier dreams, where I lay down on a snowy mountainside next to a large lake.

Drawing from that, could this mean I have/will experience(d) a shift into a new plane or body?

Dream 3:
    I am in a strange building among lots of people. There are wooden mahogany panels, like from an old library, and there are glass walls similiar to those in shopping malls. There is a floor above us; circular holes have been carved out from the ceiling, revealing people above.

Somehow I know there are a lot of enlightened people there, it’s almost like a gathering. Someone approaches me, and after conversing a while it seems the leader is approaching. “Who might that be?” I ask. “Can’t you feel it? The presence?” he answers. And when I reach out I feel a calming and lightly blissful feeling at the same time, reaching all around the place.

Seems like this leader comes from the above floor. But I never see him. Suddenly a group of people start to move, and I get the feeling they are the main focus here, one of them might be this leader, perhaps. However, they don’t move as advisors would swarm around a leader, it’s more like this group is one whole presence., so there’s no way of telling who is the main focus there.

I find myself close to them, walking along, and one of them approaches me, and I seem to be reciting everything that happened in dream 1, even a lot of stuff that I don’t remember very clearly. He listens politely, but I don’t remember if I am given any interpretation or comment on the material. I wake up.

...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Re: Through the surface

Hello, fw2a.

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Drawing from that, could this mean I have/will experience(d) a shift into a new plane or body?
    Yes, it could. Several indicators are there - going up a mountain, diving into a body of water, a change of perception.

The light of dawn has broken over us and the large hill, the trees, everything glows golden and beautifully.
    The quality of the light can be an indicator for the degree of closeness to Source experienced. Golden, natural, glow, shine - they all can indicate getting closer to the radiant influence of Source. The connection with dawn could indicate that you accessed something new here (dawn = beginning).

Driving is usually also associated with the energy bodies. The presence of your parents could indicate the presence of guides (parental figures) aiding you in this new attainment - stabilising your experience of this energy body by being present when you drive. Driving uphill is usually about "getting closer to Source," getting to a higher subplane or plane.

Some other people are already there, swimming. They look like travelling people.
    Kurt calls lucid dreamers/OBEers "Rangers" (defined in "Otherwhere" and in "The Unanswered Question"). They "range" freely and lucidly on the other side. I once made a similar connection and saw one as a tourist - the symbol denotes the temporary stay in nonphysical reality - night-time visitors. Similar like hotel dreams can represent this - staying over night, a place associated with sleep and a temporary stay. Travelling, ranging, tourists - I'd say it's similar enough.

I hesitate, but dive in. In the water, I feel wierd, like I don’t know what’s up or down.
    When you experience a new body there is initially disorientation. See Kurt's description of the chakras of the energy bodies here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17113&p=121425#p121425

This will lessen over time, but there's a phase when you will build a feel for a body. After you get used to the basic parameters of that body that out-of-control and disoriented feeling lessens or goes away.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, fw2a.

Yes, it could. Several indicators are there - going up a mountain, diving into a body of water, a change of perception.

The light of dawn has broken over us and the large hill, the trees, everything glows golden and beautifully.
    The quality of the light can be an indicator for the degree of closeness to Source experienced. Golden, natural, glow, shine - they all can indicate getting closer to the radiant influence of Source. The connection with dawn could indicate that you accessed something new here (dawn = beginning).

Driving is usually also associated with the energy bodies. The presence of your parents could indicate the presence of guides (parental figures) aiding you in this new attainment - stabilising your experience of this energy body by being present when you drive. Driving uphill is usually about "getting closer to Source," getting to a higher subplane or plane.
    Thanks a lot Oliver!

Cool. This resonates well with my daily life experience. I’ve started on metta meditation, as you know, and is becomes easier over time. The base chakra keeps growing. With love comes trust, and trust is the foundation of development.

It’s also quite amazing as insight meditation. It gives more, how to say it, 3-d depth to earlier epiphanies.

Cheers,

John
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Well, that sounds promising.

Cheers,
    Oliver