Thread: Week 3, Mind Taming?

Week 3, Mind Taming?

Ok, in the book it says that mind taming is shutting off the inner voice.....if thats not hard enough?! I'm having a problem with music constantly playing in my head. Like if I heard a song that day it will be on repeat in my head.......does that need to be quieted also? Cuz there are plenty of times that i'm not thinking anything verbally but there will be a song playing in my head.

And another thing that bit about when you focus too long your vision begins to darken? I've been doing that since I was a kid!!!! That's easy!! I call it Zoning out? So does that mean that I know how to do the mind taming thing I just need to think about it like that? like its Just Zoning out..........?

It seems thinking back that I spend a lot of my time mentally silent (cept the music) but when I'm actually purposely wanting to keep it quiet thats when it goes Wild!!! Any tips?
    "Discipline is reminding yourself what's important and doing whatever it takes to make it happen."

Blog Entries

Re: Week 3, Mind Taming?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidachi
    Ok, in the book it says that mind taming is shutting off the inner voice.....if thats not hard enough?! I'm having a problem with music constantly playing in my head. Like if I heard a song that day it will be on repeat in my head.......does that need to be quieted also? Cuz there are plenty of times that i'm not thinking anything verbally but there will be a song playing in my head.
    Mind taming is about control- you can focus on one thing, focus on nothing, or just keep the verbal thoughts away.
    If the music playing is distracting and brings you distress, then you have a problem, or if it brings up emotional reactions and memories. Other than that, it can be used as the thing you focus on, or the thing you observe and let go.

And another thing that bit about when you focus too long your vision begins to darken? I've been doing that since I was a kid!!!! That's easy!! I call it Zoning out? So does that mean that I know how to do the mind taming thing I just need to think about it like that? like its Just Zoning out..........?
    That's normal, and is also known as retinal fatigue. The retina produces the after image which eventually, if focus on one spot is maintained, will black out whatever you're looking at. So it's not 'metaphysical', it's just an eye effect. And no, it's not mind taming, but it does have to do with observation.

It seems thinking back that I spend a lot of my time mentally silent (cept the music) but when I'm actually purposely wanting to keep it quiet thats when it goes Wild!!! Any tips?
    Sure- focus on a different sound, such as the 'inner sound' that is in your ears when it's quiet (the hiss). Focus on it intently, not thinking about anything else, just passively listen.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Week 3, Mind Taming?

I personally listen to the hiss you always hear.

The main thing is though and I can't say it enough, never think about how your thinking about nothing. because that will trigger you to start thinking of random things. I know it's easier to say than do, but its the truth.
    new...