Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    This was like a chain letter - you pass it on. But it was complex. You got a container of three things, and you were supposed to pass it on. I passed it on to my friend W. It seemed to be a spiritually significant act. For some strange reason it was a glass container, and one of the three things was a wheat beer.

I thought about it, and came up with "Beer is purity." Germany has a law, brought down from the middle ages, that declares nothing can be put into beer but what is derived from hops, water and malt. It's called "The Law of Purity" (Reinheitsgebot). Note the three components.

Furthermore, wheat beer comes in varieties, and one is called "crystal wheat" for its color and refreshing qualities. I think I got one beer and handed another on. Indeed the beer seemed to be nourishing. Spiritual insights are meant for passing on.

Then W is a muslim, he can't drink beer. But somehow this "not quite appropriate" beer got handed on to him, and in the dream he seemed to accept. The purity was coming in a form he cannot quite accept for formal reasons, but he accepted it from me I think, kind of saying something of our relationship. W is a serious and devout muslim, but also extremely openminded. We have a strong exchange.

I think it all represented an exchange of handing on information, whether depicting an exchange that already exists between us or showing me the nonphysical equivalent, I don't know.
    This is a very meaningful message. It made me think of how in school, it’s easy to notice that we learn better from some teachers, because of their personal style and/or because of some common grounds we share with them. And those other teachers whose style don’t suit us as well may actually reach very well other persons who respond better to their unique style. I believe it is the same when it comes to spiritual insights. We are all teachers to each other, each in turn passing on what we were once passed on, through our own style and colors, so that those who respond well to our style may in turn teach others who learn well from their style, and so on…This is how something once taught, how a spiritual insight, is kept alive, and how it is passed on to as many as can be.

All these posts were a good read. I am glad you chose to share them... You make me want to open up more too…

So, does it mean that you’ll keep us posted on your future dreams and experiences?

Blog Entries

Maybe.

There's no telling how many experiences I have in any period of time (I had some extensive dry spells) and if I can make any sense of them. Some are also simply to personal, so I didn't share for quite some time for these reasons.

As you say, it has been an exchange with W. While I am not likely to take to Islam, W's insights on it have been fascinating, and have broadened my perspective on it quite a lot. It has been fun so far being shown many facets of it. There's a very tolerant and world-wise tradition in Islam we seldomly hear about. Often the public discourse is dominated by extreme views and divisiveness, but it seems no spiritual tradition is free to throw the first stone in that regard. It has been very refreshing to get this access and to share with someone in spirituality without us having to share the same religion or faith.

And about opening up more - what keeps you? It's been a long time since your last blog post.

Blog Entries

I agree that sometimes we are too quick to judge, simply because we actually lack information, and so we don’t understand. It’s great to be able to share openly about different views to broaden each other’s perspective like you and your friend do!

I have lots of ideas for new blog entries and also for my dream journal, but some seem so personal I am not sure where to draw the line between what I should keep for myself and what I should share, but I should come up with something …sometime soon hopefully! Opening up has been an ongoing theme for me, especially lately. Maybe I shall actually share about this… Well, we’ll see

Blog Entries

120331 / March 31st, 2012 - Cartoon drawing

It was as if I was looking at a documentary about the history cartoon drawing. It was like an advancing timeline, and most stuff seemed too abstract to know or leading up to things I wasn' aware of.

Suddenly the black outline of Donald Duck appeared. Somebody began to color it. A voice commented on Donald from the off. The painter was filling in the right colors, but somehow it mixed with the lines and marred the colors, especially the orange of Donald's beak he was adding thickly. The voice from the off commented unfavorably on Donald's character and what he was used to represent in what context.

This wasn't about cartoons, but about the meaning of symbols and certain energies. The stuff that was too abstract for me seemed to be more on the energetic level still and found no representation - I could find not much of a picture for it.

Other energies had a clear representation, as the one represented by Donald Duck (clear outline). At a second glance, the symbol wasn't that good a fit (marring the line) when trying to expand on it (adding color) for translating the energy. Distortions (blurring the outline by coloring over it) crept in. The voice from the off explained the meaning of the symbol while this was going on - Donald was mostly representing things associating with him from the oldest color cartoons featuring him. This cartoon character was indeed a representation of character traits.

Blog Entries

120324 / March 24th, 2012 - "Second Coming" and Oliver, the Brain Remixer

There was this guy, and he was constantly talking about what seemed like the second coming, Mother Mary appearing, UFOs maybe, "It will happen!" and such, and soon. He was getting on my nerves. Every time a strange hissing noise would appear on the radio signal he would point it out and consider it proof that we just wouldn't understand.

I met another Oliver, Oliver P. from school. He was mixing brains together. I think it was for food. One bit of this, then the outer layers from that one, spreading them on what could have a been a cracker or a leaf of lettuce. I think I tried one. I also think part of it was my own brain.

The nervous guy told me "You have to believe in it and go there to see it happen." - I replied: "If it happens anyway, and everyone is gonna know it beyond a doubt, why do I have to believe? I'm just gonna wait and see, right?"

The first guy is my representation of sensationalism. Seeing hints and proof for extraordinary and paranormal events where there is little, in my opinion. But in this case the guy is my own sensationalist beliefs ("You have to believe!") about what's supposed to happen in my own, personal evolution. Same thing: While this part of me is busy looking for sensational stuff, I might miss the actual stuff going on that is more subtle than that.

I think the other Oliver really is "the other Oliver" - my higher aspect, rearranging my brain structure (mixing brains = adding the higher aspect) and I take it in (eat it). This would tie in with a similar dream from some days ago.

Blog Entries

120322 / March 22nd, 2012 - Hello, operator

From waking up it seemed like this happened several times last night:

I was in some dream situation I didn't like. Suddenly I said "To the soul self." There's a shift. It seems as if I'm in the middle of my own head, it's a cave shaped like the human head, but not dark. The association of being in my own head immediately came to me before I could even think about it. In the middle was a little symbolic figure, almost an icon, but in color. It was a cyclops with dark hair, but like in an icon there was no connection between body and head for example. He was red. It somehow was a standin for this state of conscious. Then I asked to go to waking reality and I was out. I remember this happening several times. I also remember studying that figure with fascination.

This reminded me so much of calling an operator to be transferred to someone - only here to another state of consciousness. Oddly enough, if the spatial relations were really to be taken into account the location of this "operator" in my head would be at the pineal gland. It seems odd that it would have happened several times, maybe a simulation. Nothing else recalled.

Blog Entries

120329 / March 29th, 2012 - Dana Scully

It's Dana Scully from the X Files. She's hanging from some kind of protusion on the side of a ship just above the water line. She attempts to throw some kind of rope to another above, and surprisingly she succeeds. Somewhere in the process Fox Moulder appears from above, also on the side of the ship. Together they proceed upwards and he makes it on board.

Just on the last step she somehow makes mistake, is sent spinning and drops down into the water. Now I'm Fox Moulder, following her down on a rope. I hear a voice explaining "Immediately after dropping into the ... degrees cold water the body goes into shock." so I have no hope for her to resurface by herself. I lower myself down to the water and submerge a bit to get an overview, but see only water, not her. I can feel the water, hear the sounds of water, but not the cold. The experience ends.

Dana Scully is the rational one and the skeptic, Fox Moulder the believer, the one wanting to go and find the mystery. There's a reference these are energy bodies, because "the body goes into a shock." IIRC I asked before falling asleep to improve recall. Maybe this being pulled up "on board" was to be an attunement to be more like a higher body? Dana spun, so there was something that sent the mental body spinning and prevented that "ascension."

I'm in a supermarket. I'm with Dana and some kids. We are about to check out. Everything works fine till we arrive at the cashier. Somehow this is a British/foreign supermarket. Dana suggest we push our way through the throng. I try but feel uncomfortable and abort that.

I see a self-service checkout and we go there. I find a card slot and suggest we put our payment card in there, but Dana objects that it looks like another symbol and therefore is unsuitable for this card. I say just try but she doesn't.

The kids would be the lower elementals. Seems like the mental elemental is a bit out of alignment. Pushing is a mental elemental thing, so I see no value in it. Ideas about how things work (the truth) prevent "checking (things) out." I guess another clue that still some mental elemental processing has to be done before adventures in consciousness become a smooth experience. I guess the shopping theme meant astral plane.

Blog Entries

120401 / April 1st, 2012 - Exam stress

I was taking a written exam, and mostly doing well. Then the last section came, and I realised that I had not attended for this part. Still I thought I could pass maybe even without it, and doubly so if I made sure I had any points from the last section. I started to skim it.

The first question I had no clue of, and the next one was about a text. I started to read the text in question and wondered if that was the best use of my time before the test finished. I walked over to a book shelf and other coworkers came up. Some of them I asked if I had finished. I think someone even wanted to talk to me, but I shushed them - I did not want to fail the exam by cheating. I found it terribly unfair that people were distracting me now, I should be able to pass anyway.

I realised that the question was supposed to be about the second last chapter in Harry Potter. I never had heard of the character that the question was about, and the more I thought about it I realised that the question, the chapter and everything had very little to do with Harry Potter. (The more I remembered that I had actually read this after all...) With that the illusion broke and I woke up.

This was a simulation. Unlike other initiatory tests I was comparatively confident I'll pass, even if I had to stretch myself (didn't know all the answers). One could wonder if the presence and approach of the coworkers would be a test if I would resort to cheating, but I doubt it. I'd rather think I was too deeply in my idea of what the test was about and how a written test works. But there's no spoon! Er, I mean, written test in Otherwhere.

So, probably my coworkers popping up were probably clues or maybe error messages. There's also some hints of doing this test twice, because the chatting up at the shelf and somebody loudly trying to talk about the solution at my desk seem to appear in two different instances of the same, but the order and sequence as so often is a blur. I guess simulation "runs" could happen not exactly sequentially...

Lucidity could have been good if these were error messages that I wasn't getting it. But Kurt also says that simulation abort if one leaves the appropriate state of mind, so I have no clue how this one went. Even during the test it seemed like that I could pass if I kept my cool - if I didn't let fall myself into the trap of getting upset about not being 100% prepared. I wonder if this was a prerequisite for the test or the whole test itself.

Blog Entries

120403 / April 3rd, 2012 - Tooth maintenance

I dreamt that I used one of these metal dentist thingies as leverage under my molars. I pulled them half-way, maybe fully out, cleaned them all around, carefully repositioned the roots and pushed them back in.

One part of me seemed to know what it was doing, another part of me watching was concerned I would accidentally loosen them or not get them back in. But I concluded the dream with a feeling about this.

I think this is rather literal - body maintenance/healing. One molar worked on in the dream acted up in the past, so good I'm doing some maintenance on it.

I also remember another fragment. I seemed to work on a special assignment in a programming project. At first I was a bit resistant, but then I realised it was important.

Don't know what project I was working on or will be working on in physical reality, but this also left a good feeling.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast