Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Oliver's Dream Journal

I'm going to start a dream journal to keep everything in one place. In the initial post I will collect links to my older dreams for reference - in chronological order.

The murder gang strikes twice - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16819
    Long dream - sports stadium, bus ride - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17162
    Doctors and Journalling - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17224
    Hot air balloons - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17296
    Blessing the Japanese? - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17612
    Rescuing my son - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17990
    With an oceanliner down a waterfall - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19303
    Illusionary - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19921
    A nightmare - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20192
    Born knowing - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20520
    Ice cream special - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20679
    A trail of baby clothes - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20680
    Wise "dream self" - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20734
    A few challenges on the way - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20758
    Something for my left pocket - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20777
    Skiing on my heels - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20803
    False awakenings - not helpful! - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20887
    More simulations - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20907
    What's with all the action flicks? - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20901
    One of my weirder ones - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20911
    Download dreams - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20971
    Boardgames & Wires, A Healing - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21133
    Poaching in Summer Camp/At the candle exhibition - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21164
    On stage with the band - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21267
    The Adyashanti Tape - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21276

Oliver

Blog Entries

The Golden Discs

The Golden Discs

In this dream I remember a long wait time. I'm waiting for my sister at some times. Sometimes I'm waiting with my mother, then she's off to look for her. Then I am guarding the door, which seems to have elaborate locking mechanisms. Several times I get bored with the dream, I notice how I no longer pay attention to the dream from the aspect that's supposed to watch and store the dream. These "lengthy" bits of the dream are also the ones that got lost, and while having the dream I already knew that they would be lost.

At the end my sister arrives - it's a party of three arriving at the house and it's supposed to be Christmas. She gives me gifts, among them are two golden discs, like DVDs. The first one seems to have "15" written on it, the second one "6." As I realise this might pertain to the chakras I take a second look at the first disc and it does not read "15" but "1 - 5." I wake up.

In the software business there's the concept of the "gold master" - that's software ready for delivery. Software is information, DVDs are carriers of information (gigabytes of information that is). Afterwards I tried to visualise putting the golden discs to use - putting them into my computer, opening my head and putting them in, and something else I forgot.

Oliver

Blog Entries

School days

First one's from Saturday night, second one from Sunday night.

Two classes at school

It seems I'm involved in some special assignment class, but it makes me skip on some of my regular classes. The first day I remember I join regular class and I get well along with the people, I'm well-integrated right from the start, I get a seat right away even though I am late.

I'm back at special assignment class, and then go back to regular class. There's a teacher introducing me to the class, but there's also a regular teacher. I trip on my way in over an assortment of cables. I want to plug it back in, but some student just plugs in a new cable instead, the cable I'm holding seems outdated. I feel embarrassed, the teacher that introduced me seems to be caught up chatting to someone.

This time there's only seats at the back of the class and there are two outcast students already there.The only remaining desk is turned back and facing the back wall. I mutter to myself "Now that's a great start." I move it where I chose to sit and it turns out too small. I see the students next to me - no wonder they're outcasts, one is wearing a teddy bear costume to school! The other one looks a bit like the blue guy from Sesame Street.

This reminded me of a period in my life where I had trouble in getting integrated at school. This "outcast period" took maybe two, almost three years of my life.

Avoiding school

I just remember that I somehow had problems with attending school. Maybe I didn't understand what was taught in class. I remember then driving on the road, and meeting my co-worker Vitali. He says that there's my teacher over there but I come up with a reason for avoiding her. I have a lot of resentment over school.

Co-workers are often spiritual support or anyone aiding in my growth. Seems like I have deep-seated reservations against learning in this kind of way. This is yet another dream where I come up with a reason to avoid an authority figure in a dream.

Two school dreams in a row, eh?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

The Golden Discs

In this dream I remember a long wait time. I'm waiting for my sister at some times. Sometimes I'm waiting with my mother, then she's off to look for her. Then I am guarding the door, which seems to have elaborate locking mechanisms. Several times I get bored with the dream, I notice how I no longer pay attention to the dream from the aspect that's supposed to watch and store the dream. These "lengthy" bits of the dream are also the ones that got lost, and while having the dream I already knew that they would be lost.

At the end my sister arrives - it's a party of three arriving at the house and it's supposed to be Christmas. She gives me gifts, among them are two golden discs, like DVDs. The first one seems to have "15" written on it, the second one "6." As I realise this might pertain to the chakras I take a second look at the first disc and it does not read "15" but "1 - 5." I wake up.

In the software business there's the concept of the "gold master" - that's software ready for delivery. Software is information, DVDs are carriers of information (gigabytes of information that is). Afterwards I tried to visualise putting the golden discs to use - putting them into my computer, opening my head and putting them in, and something else I forgot.

I really like this one from the standpoint of its good and positive tone. You're waiting for your sister which is to say an aspect of your growth that is soon to arrive. You guard the door but it is secure as a vault which it needs to be because this is a real treasure.

The three wise men arrive bearing gifts because, you see, the child is born (delivered) - you.

We have 1, 3, 5 and 6. One is the crown, three the Trinity, 5 refers to the throat chakra as well as the Word and 6 to the heart and the Son. This Cabalistic assignment of the chakras, as you see, starts from the crown down and speaks of the INvolving god within which has as its source the Crown.

It would be curious to know what the likes of Aunt Claire would think of this, but it's what I've been taught and has its place along the with traditional arrangement which puts the source at the base of the spine. Both are valid. Gurdjieff thought so when he demanded the Christmas tree be hung from the ceiling upside down.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Well, there was a specific reason for the "15," "6," and "1-5" pattern. "6" is the reference point - that's when I started to think "This is about the chakras - but then 15 makes no sense!" and I turn back and see it as "1 - 5" which makes sense: chakras 1 to 5. "Chakra" also means "wheel" - there's a close relation to the idea of a disc here, I'd say.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Yesterday I was waking up from a dream, noticed it, noticed that I only remembered a tiny bit, decided that was not worth it and forgot the dream and slept on. There seems to be always a part of me making these recall and wake up decisions...

Oliver

Blog Entries

Hmmm. How to change a typical response in a dream? When I noticed that I avoided doing things like asking for directions or help I started doing that more in waking life.

However, in a recent dream I avoided a teacher because I dislike school. I can hardly go back to school, so I need another way to modify that response. I mean, the symbol is unhelpful to a degree, but it has been established and helpful for understanding - high school and college have been established as symbols for learning at different levels of my being.

So, on the one hand it's nice to get a more detailed picture at what level a certain dream is, but when I meet a teacher and habitually evade or challenge him/her because of my associations with high school that's an obstable... *sigh*

Oliver

maybe it's time to start intending before sleep, to make sure you go thru with whatever lessons are available??..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    maybe it's time to start intending before sleep, to make sure you go thru with whatever lessons are available??..
    Hello, Neil.

So true! Writing up the intention here seems to have set the process in motion. I'll write the resulting dream down now.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

The self-destructing mobile

The self-destructing mobile

I'm at some kind of camp where our team from work goes to to relax. A lot of co-workers are there. I hang out with Olaf, an older co-worker, 20 years my senior, who has a mischievous (in a good way) personality very often.

For some reason, seems like mostly idle curiosity, he triggers my mobile phone's self destruct. He doesn't mind destroying my mobile as it is obsolete technology. In waking life that mobile is still doing its job, but it's certainly an older one. The mobile is basically made by the same corporation that I work for, which also gave me a more recent one for work use, also by its own brand. The self-destruct seems to protect our technology from getting in the wrong hands.

It seems like an alarm goes off. Several co-workers are very alarmed by this, and some are even panicking. Meanwhile Olaf and I take it apart to look inside. What have we triggered and how will it self-destroy? What will be the consequences? The device does not look much like a mobile, anyway. We open it and I slide some part out on a metal guide rail and the chip that's gonna self destroy is just a small button on the end of it.

A female co-worker, Sonja, runs up to us and warns us of what we're doing and that we shouldn't do it, and why it's dangerous. She seems in panic. In waking life Sonja and I are often in contrary positions as it is her job to handle or deny fault reports - it is in her self interest to deny as many as she can. She could be an aspect of myself here that denies that anything is wrong at all and needs to be fixed. I disagree: "We explained to you how this works, and now you try to convince us that you know what will happen? I don't think so." I try to say she does not have the knowledge to back the statement up. We proceed.

We decide to place the offending part in a location where it cannot do harm. We walk through the main hall. We meet my department manager. (He featured in one dream before, and all of us were at a hotel complex together as a team as well.) I expect that he will chew out Olaf over the alarm he was causing but instead he just reminds him that he still owes him two beers for past services rendered.

Now there's some kind of mix-up. It seems like my younger co-worker Vitali who often appear as guide and friend in dreams, and especially in the "offending" "Avoiding School" dream, seems to be the culprit who triggered this. For some reason someone decides to trigger Vitali's "going home" chip and he will get picked up by a team that will trace down his chip and bring him home. For some reason we just want to get the attention of that team - it seems to tie in to our little self-destructing mobile situation.

I walk outside and place the device on some low wall. There seems to be a loud rushing noise all the time, and in the dream I identify it with a fountain even though I don't remember seeing one. I wonder if we will even hear the explosion - we kind of expect it to dissolve - over this ongoing rushing sound. I turn the corner again when I hear it go off. I run inside to fetch Vitali, excitedly. The return team seems to just have arrived.

We run outside, at least four of us, to watch what is going on. The device seems to have a grown a long thin pipe protuding upward from which it is spraying acidic fumes in all directions. We watch the overly dramatic self-destruct and laugh and laugh, especially Vitali who now seems to be responsible for this little drama. In the dream I theorize that the dissolving the little button broke a seal and below it was all of this stuff under pressure. With the seal broken it expanded and then released the stuff below it.

I wake up.

As I wake up I am just absolutely amazed and thrilled by the amount of recall. I recall interacting with so many co-workers, so much details of the dream. That kind of gives me a high. I write it all down, and decide to post it right away even though it's 3am - I couldn't go right back to sleep anyway.

The presence of so many co-workers makes me wonder right away if this relates to my spiritual growth as it hits me - this got triggered by my "request" above:

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    However, in a recent dream I avoided a teacher because I dislike school. I can hardly go back to school, so I need another way to modify that response.
    As soon as I remembered this I knew it was connected. Also, before going to sleep I did energy work and realised how tense I was. I asked for outside help for dealing with that, as I thought it might be negatively impacting my recall among other things.

The acidic fumes released made me think about released something toxic - possibly a hindering, toxic, obsolete belief.

Mobile phones have already featured in a dream Neil had as higher connection, but mine seems to be obsolete here. It's the obsolete belief that blocks it, therefore rendering it obsolete. I also asked for leaving this belief behind, which actually made clear it is obsolete.

I had concluded last evening that the whole symbolism with high school was not helpful, and that other pictures like co-workers have been working so much better for me (less baggage attached). Remarkably enough the whole dream honored this by finding images that I relate well to. Also the mischief that started the whole process took some of the seriousness out of it, and the limited lucidity of my dream self did then play along better than in other dreams. I did not get in my own way - all the dream parameters seemed to be conducive for me to chose to play along even though I tend not to understand the symbolism while dreaming yet (which would equal lucidity). Contrast this with what would have happened if I got angry at Olaf - the whole dream might have devolved into releasing that anger. Instead my curiosity was triggered.

The symbolism of the self-destruct is that it's actually a part of my self that has to be released to overcome the limitation. There's a lot of symbolism that matches the terms used to describe the energetic process of Inner Dissolving. It all ended up in releasing the toxic content of that block.

The technology the self-destruct seemed to be designed to protect seems to be the knowledge available over the higher self link represented by the mobile. Implicitly there's also the message that since there's a newer mobile available that it's okay to let go of the old one. (I remembered in the dream that my mobile was obsolete.)

I find it interesting my department manager was present in this dream. He is the "highest level of co-worker" ever appearing in a dream. But the first time I didn't get to interact with him because I was on the run from a murderer in a hotel.

Sonja, the co-worker that could represent a limiting aspect of myself... Again: In waking life that's her job - deny anything is wrong (or else her department gets more work). Just as aspects of us that seem to be working to our disadvantage are often said to have a similar misconception. These aspects believe they are really rendering us a service. The aspects are not intentionally misbehaving, they are misunderstanding what needs to be done. And indeed, Sonja here misunderstands what needs to be done. She spreads panic over the change. I overrule her with logic. Just as aspects of ourselves can be realigned when understanding their misconceptions and correcting the erroneous underlying beliefs. Which leads to the aspect cooperating.

I wonder if the rushing sounds "outside" where kind of like what you hear when OBE exiting. I not only think of the sound of a fountain, but also the ever-renewing rushing sound of ocean surf. It was like a rush started, died down, then the next, died down - like ocean surf. But it was too fast in succession, that's why I thought of some kind of "bouncy" fountain.

No idea yet what the "return team" for Vitali was.

Oliver

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast