Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

I was with my coworker O. He was eating a cooked snail from the shell. I was watching him. Then I got handed one. Usually I wouldn't touch the stuff - literally. So I used the knife to ease it a bit out of the shell. He rolled his eyes at me as if to say "You're complicating this needlessly." I ate the snail and it was a true taste explosion and a really unusual texture, quite unusual in its vividness for a dream.

Currently I am indeed "trying something new" (job-wise) I didn't try in the past. Just yesterday I wrote a friend I had overcome my preconceptions of what I think I can do enough to give this a try (it had been a challenge to schedule the interview, somehow). I also said I wasn't sure about the outcome, but only if I try I will see. Seems like I get support from the soul level for this approach to be a bit more daring.

Blog Entries

This experience seemed to have a full back story. I had flown to the US to take some extra studies to prepare for something next week. I think a professor from my former college had recommended it. I was on the streets of NY with my coworker Frank when I got more involved in the experience - the back story had somehow been negotiated, but the experience started there. True to myself I had worried a bit about the expense and such, and wondered if it would pay back, but then I decided now I was there I would make the most of it.

So, Frank and I where out in the streets about to get a ride when somebody wanted us to enter their store. I think the store was called "Kids" and I could see that Frank really wanted to go and so I gave him a wink and let him go inside. (It looked more like it would carry the stuff that adult men could get as excited about as when they were kids, not a store selling stuff for kids.)

As I was standing there, I noticed a small sign higher up in a corner above the store. If I remember correctly it seemed to advertise "Dungeons & Dragons", a hobby interest of mine. So I decided to enter a stairwell, went up and some intricate path and arrived in a room that had several people arranged around tables.

From here on I got involved in a very long chat with a guy who had sat there. At first I thought I had just chatted up someone with similar interests, only to find out that he was probably studying up for something similar or was in the same line of work. So I asked him at some point if he was a student. He said "A student? No...." He seemed to look for the right word. He now looked like the British comedian Stephen Fry, and for a short moment he looked like he wore one of these black hats graduates wear in some countries, so when I was about to mention that it transformed into a black cap of sorts and he addressed one from a group at another table "What are studying currently?" "Ways of getting to be accepted as doctorates (postdocs?), I guess." She said with a hint of sarcasm, I'd think, as if the main problem was not being good enough but convincing someone to let them do this.

As a side note: Somewhere during the chat I was worried that I had arrived in the states and let nobody at home know I safely arrived.

So, our chat came to an end, and as often all we talked about now only is vaguely remembered as "kind of about / feels like" and so I stood up and told the guy that we probably would not meet again, and wanted to shake his hand. He extended it, but I could not take it right. It was as if he had closed it somewhat. I noticed thick strands of hair at places around it, but not all over. I tried to take his hand in both of mind to properly shake him farewell regardless but could not quite pull it off and felt a bit weird for having tried.

I then went out of the room, over a flat rooftop, back inside, navigated my way back down and into the street. I had not thought about Frank during all of this, but now I wondered if he had stayed put. Basically around the time I stepped out on the street I woke up.

Blog Entries

I took an afternoon nap and it was all about sailing. Taking over a big vessel and roaming the seas, and then we ended up going rogue to pull off our mission. Evading some kind of predatory merfolk and their magic. And making our way through even the smallest canal with full speed. We also got a hint about some magic power called either "smoke fist" or "ghost fist" - I think it was the later. And I remembered somehow having a similar sequence of dreams before, just slightly different...

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    We also got a hint about some magic power
    You said it!

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    And I remembered somehow having a similar sequence of dreams before, just slightly different...

The dreamer is at an existential crossroads most likely between a relatively higher moral timestream (dimension/quantum leap/alternate reality) and a relatively lower moral timestream, analogous to sailing. It would be wise for the dreamer to consult the great classics for a time and procure the more advantageous and profitable higher path while focusing less on siddhas, just for a while. Then, dream sequences will stop acting like a radio that can't decide between two adjacent channels or signal wavelengths. All the best to you, Oliver. I'm praying for you.
    Last edited by Pneumismatic; 31st July 2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Syntax
    "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

Blog Entries

I'm with my dog Sally in a stairwell, the light is on a timer. It goes out, I reactivate it, and we step out into the street. It's night, and I'm kind of anxious to look in a certain direction. I'm somehow aware of having done this trip several times before. I'm not aware that this is not our house or our regular trip.

Sally seems to see something in the shadows, or so it seems. At first I ignore it, but then I turn to face it and - feel like I'm pulled backwards as if a cord in my back retracted me. The feeling was a sudden bounce like on an elastic cord. I'm somewhere else - am I in my bed? I wasn't awake yet. My consciousness was in another body yet, dialoguing with the body I left behind when my consciousness moved, kind of guiding it as if I was the tower and as if it was the airplane on a mission.

I suddenly realised that this was not my regular walk, that it had repeated, that I had bounced like on a cord and this reminded me of stories of the silver cord, and that the repetition could mean this was a simulation. As all of this flooded in, I woke up.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15