Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

This one was fun:

111114 / November 14th, 2011 - Backfiring arrows

There was a group of people that were trying to shoot arrows at me. Some of them where in armor (breastplate) and some in common clothes. They ended up being repelled backwards and dangling down from a clothesline above a city street. Everything was actually looking kind of like I would imagine Discworld, come to think of it.

Then I saw two monks, both baldheaded and in saffron robes, sitting in Lotus, maybe on a ledge, an old man and a girl. He talked to her and said something like: "Common mistake: Tried to shoot the arrow." After he said that I kind of understood, don't know how, that he had thought that they would shoot the arrow, but instead they got repelled. (A different balance in forces maybe?) The whole comment seemed very Zen-y.

I did not want to leave them dangling, so I pulled up (with dream control) a dung cart below the ones with armor and a hay cart below the others. They let go. I woke up at some point.

Blog Entries

If this were my dreams, I'd be inclined to think of Shakespeare's "slings and arrows" line. I'd see the repulsion of arrows as a good sign that I had develop some imperviousness to other's attempts to harm me. The most hardened of such would-be character assassins would be those most likely to land themselves in poo.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

That's a good one!

Blog Entries

I woke in the middle of the night, recalling this one. While I could get myself to get up and go to the toilet after a while, I couldn't get myself to record it. I repeated some of the keypoints to myself and hoped I would recall them in the morning. In the morning I recalled the other AC instead, but I still asserted my hope that I would be prompted during the day to remember this one.

I was in the bathtub, listening to Wagner's Lohengrin, 2nd act. I felt more and more relaxed while trying to pay attention. In the opera, Elsa the Pure is accused of having killed her brother. Her accuser, however, is challenged by Lohengrin, the knight of the swan, who suddenly appeared. Now, in the beginning of the 2nd act we learn that the accuser was prompted by his wife, a master of intrigue. She convinces him it was evil witchcraft that made him lose that duel.

As the music returns to Elsa (and out of the drama spinning around those two plotters) I suddenly saw something behind my closed eyelids. It was as if letters were embossed on my vision, slightly glowing. I identified them right to left to read "TEUFEL" or "TEUFELS" (could have been a longer word). "Teufel" is German for the devil. With this clue my recall came back, and I unrolled my adventure from the ending forward:

I was in some hotel or large castle-like structure. I was shown around an area that I now recall as "the museum." I ended up going through the rooms till I found myself in a strange hall. Two chutes were going down, and I entered one (still a bit amazed at my bravery) and rode it down.

I returned to as what I thought of as my apartment. It was dark and the light switch would not work. I tried another. Didn't either. I tried pushing a button under the switch and flipping it at the same time, no effect. As I went for the fuse box I found myself in a lighted part of my apartment (no resemblance to the real one). I looked into the fuse box but nothing seemed amiss, there was only a switch under Fuse No. 1 that looked as if it was a reset button. I didn't want to do that.

Suddenly I noticed that the room was full of people - all of them my friends (can't remember recognising anyone, though). I asked them how they did this and how I could restore the light.

I was either led to another room or went through a strange exit. It was built into the corner of the room and led to the corner of another (diagonally). This was a hall again, but it looked earthen, almost like a cave of red clay. I saw two chutes again, but this time I could see the reflection of flames dancing in the right one. (I had taken the right one last time.)

Now I started to wonder about all this. I recognised that the arrangement of my apartment made no sense, nor that this structure should hide behind it. I was feeling manipulated, and identified the devil as the cause. He was trying to lure me in, but I would escape.

As I came out of the whole building I was in foggy streets. I saw another person run by (with strange motions) and followed him, thinking it was the way out. I was already thinking how I would make it to a hideout in safety and escape the clutches of the devil. I woke.

In hindsight this looks like the mind control of a simulation gone wrong. I usually don't react this strongly to mind control, I think. Maybe the recall during Lohengrin is a clue - Elsa was also accused wrongly of evil witchcraft.

The presence of friends before the actual test (of faith?) was a clue to a simulation, as I recall one simulation AC where I left a party to enter a testing parcour. The situation was repeated, maybe the museum was me recalling how I had mastered this in the past?

A fuse box is about restoring flow. Maybe I needed to get into the right state of mind first. Seems like I needed some help from my friends there. The man running by might have been an error message, at least in the last similar experience the people came across were.

Blog Entries

120309 / March 9th, 2012 - Beer and Stone

The first one I thought I recalled until I actually tried to understand the specifics. Turns out I don't, but I'll give it a shot:

This was like a chain letter - you pass it on. But it was complex. You got a container of three things, and you were supposed to pass it on. I passed it on to my friend W. It seemed to be a spiritually significant act. For some strange reason it was a glass container, and one of the three things was a wheat beer.

I thought about it, and came up with "Beer is purity." Germany has a law, brought down from the middle ages, that declares nothing can be put into beer but what is derived from hops, water and malt. It's called "The Law of Purity" (Reinheitsgebot). Note the three components.

Furthermore, wheat beer comes in varieties, and one is called "crystal wheat" for its color and refreshing qualities. I think I got one beer and handed another on. Indeed the beer seemed to be nourishing. Spiritual insights are meant for passing on.

Then W is a muslim, he can't drink beer. But somehow this "not quite appropriate" beer got handed on to him, and in the dream he seemed to accept. The purity was coming in a form he cannot quite accept for formal reasons, but he accepted it from me I think, kind of saying something of our relationship. W is a serious and devout muslim, but also extremely openminded. We have a strong exchange.

I think it all represented an exchange of handing on information, whether depicting an exchange that already exists between us or showing me the nonphysical equivalent, I don't know.

Then the scene changed but part of me hadn't even noticed. It was somehow continuous and different.

I was in the bell tower of a church. It was all rather bright and sunny. It had many levels, and wooden stairs connected each. People were sitting all around. It had a feeling of a service going on.

Three nuts and a stone were handed out. The nuts were shaped like cashews, but much bigger (the part that you eat). We were told that if we eat the nut, we should donate, but we could also simply pass it on. At least one another and I, if not all three were eager to donate. But somehow you got to donate and to pass it on.

I think I ate the nut and it was indeed like a good cashew, but now I wanted to pass the next one on. Not sure what really happened there. I decided to find the stone, the stone had purifying qualities.

I knew what level the stone had been placed on, so I went to this level. Several people were sitting on the ground. It must have been close to the top. I approached them and said that the stone was given to them and that I needed it. Somehow they seemed to me as if they wanted to hide something, acting as if it wasn't there.

I approached one. She had dark hair and glasses, but I identified her as Elisabeth (Sissi) from high school which she looked nothing like. I told her I knew the stone was here and she dropped her pretense a bit and acted as if she didn't even know what was important about it. The stone was on a leather band around her neck. It was white, round, but had a surface like a coconut confection - little protuding bits.

She undid the band and handed it to me, and I told her that I will show her why it was important. Now it was like as if she had been wearing another piece of jewelry all the time, one that indeed belonged to her, and I asked her to give it to me for the demonstration.

The jewelry was an oval glass vial of a dark blue liquid enclosed in another glass vial, shaped like an eye. I put the crystal next to it and immediately thick dark black smoke was pouring out through the vials from the liquid into the crystal who was absorbing it. It wasn't even smoke, it was like particles of blackness, black as can be, being drawn into this crystal. She was impressed.

I think I explained the process to her, and I think I knew what was going on.

Sissi was the girl I first had a crush on in high school. She turned out to be quite the opposite of what I expected, full of herself and stupid. "Sissi" could be a pun on "sissy", her last name means "builder". I don't know why she was there, or rather why I would identify someone with her name.

The behavior was peculiar and gave me a sense of dishonesty. Why hide something? It was inappropriate for the spiritual atmosphere, being at the prayer service, sharing those seeds (nuts are seeds) and passing them on, in a spirit of giving. I was not confident she would give it to me, given how she acted as if it was hers.

The demonstration itself seemed to show how to clear away negativity - the black stuff. It was so perfectly black it cannot be anything else, and I already knew there was something negative about the jewelry when I saw the perfectly dark blue stuff in it. It was encapsulated so it was "deeply held" negativity, not easily accessed or extracted.

The stone or crystal seemed to be a "philosopher's stone" for its magical and pure properties. It was able to extract and clear out the negativity regardless of the two layers of glass in between, drawing it out of the jewelry. I think the act itself was meant to clear something out from the person, even if the jewelry is only attached to a person, so I guess this meant attachment.

The combination "sissy builder" makes me think of "trepid reality creator", of someone always afraid of the realities being created. The problem might be creating realities out of fear.

I was not impressed by the negativity, not afraid and also not really put off by the attempt to conceal something from me. I was confident and neutral in a positve way. The church bell tower must have been a higher plane - astral or lower mental. The place I found her on was like it was a room on top, meaning the highest subplane, but it was clearly not the top of the bell tower, so it was the highest subplane of that plane, but not in total?

Blog Entries

120220 / February 20th, 2012 - The Tournament

This was kind of like a tourist spot, it also reminded me a bit of my own company grounds at times. I was invited to participate in a tournament. It was a trial with several tasks. It took a fair time last night, even though I don't remember much. I think I might have navigated a labyrinth at some point.

I remember passing into a courtyard. Each of us had been given a horse for the grand parade. There were hundreds of people, dressed as knights. Groups shared the same costume, each had a lance.

The king ordered the knights to participate in the parade. I remember myself asking if some were to go on foot? The king sneered that we were to go mounted and with full helmet so nobody could see us laugh or smirk. He seemed arrogant, so I commented to a fellow knight "I'd like to poke this lance into the king's arse." He kind of agreed, but I knew I didn't have the skill to get away with it and escape. I was glad I was staying on the horse!

This was the first time I rode, and as the knights and their steeds collected at the gate to pass through, I must have been the last. My horse was a very benign creature, and I wasn't egging it on but let it chose its pace mostly. At times I would show the way with the lance and it would proceed.

Somehow we passed several interesting sights and came to a huge outside flight of stairs, as wide as you would find outside a baroque castle. To the right down the stairs was a display. An enormous ostrich decorated with plumage was the center of it. He was way bigger than was possible, dozens of feet, I was amazed.

The horse had stopped. I wasn't too sure about going down, fearing I would slip off somehow, but I gave the horse the signal and we descended. We arrived at an entrance, and there two tunnels lined with heavy drapes of red cloth. To the left was where I could leave the horse, and I left it with a stable girl who received it. It had been a good experience. I followed the tunnel.

I emerged in a gym room. People were changing into their clothes and so did I. Many people there, I chatted with someone, but I was also expecting maybe to see someone I know amongst the people changing. I looked beyond because I had hoped for a feast, but what I saw instead was a window into a large gym where older kids played ball games. I woke.

I also remember twice trying to find my way to new tasks through some unfinished concrete areas. I nearly got lost on these two occasions, at least on one I met people and chatted with them. It seemed to me to be all part of the resort.

Seems like a simulation to me. There were initiatory tasks, mazes, going up and down, and a new way of movement, not unlike other simulations and initiation trials. The gym and changing room at the end seemed to be another clue - like passing out of the simulation into the simulation zone, where I saw into another simulation going on (the window).

It didn't surprise me (rather embarrass) that the king could hear my question over all those people and that distance. It was as clear an exchange if there was only us.

I was in my anthroposophic meeting last night. We read about the first two initiation trials the candidate for initiation has to pass, the trial of fire and the trial of water. Funny I would have this AC the night afterward.

Knights remind me of a code of virtues, the striving to be a "noble man." Like the knights in Wagner's operas - Lohengrin, Parsifal, Amfortas and the Grail Knights - they're all spiritual seekers or teachers, longing to get closer to the Source (symbolised as the Grail).

While there are tasks in this tournament there was no competition. It was not jousting or fighting, it was more like a test of aptitude. And it was also for fun.

Blog Entries

120318 / March 18th, 2012 - Stuck in customs

I was at an airport. I had just arrived. Customs checks were really complicated at this one. There were all kinds of extra stations one had to pass through and then show the marks for it. I think I had collected them all before, at least I knew the process.

In fact, it was like I dreamed three arrivals at once. In one I passed all the stamps and was in. In one I was there for the second time and got expedited service at the immigrations counter, but had to pay a fee for skipping steps I had done before. In the third one, I was okay with immigrations but had trouble with customs.

In this third one it seems I had already been called into the bowels of the baggage processing plant. Somehow this seemed exciting. A mechanical mouth-like contraption, like a huge trunk, spit out my baggage for inspection. We opened it together, and it contained a 12 kilos block of a green jelly substance. It was sealed in transparent plastic and rather solid. I explained its purpose and uses and was cleared.

Now I was passing through the airport (everything was in a hue of light blue), having made it through most stations to the final check. A coworker I knew was stopped and checked, and I started to have doubts if I had done everything in the right order to report to the final check and pass. I got instantly transported back to the customs counter.

There was a conveyor belt, and people waiting. I got in line and tried to get the attention of an officer when one became available. There was confusion, and she tried to explain to other queued up people that entertainment was available for those in queue.

Suddenly all the customs people were gone, and I was first in line, but without a clue how to proceed. Next to me were two young girls, trying to find some music, don't know what for, some music video maybe they were making. I intruded into their conversation, which wasn't exactly welcome, but then the one next to me felt save to talk to me. To my surprise she responded in German as my last sentence had been. "Well, you're the one they called into the baggage check room, eh? They said you had a lot of glibber in there that burst and got all mixed up with spices you were carrying." - "No, that's not true! It was all safely sealed."

We then got into joking about the customs people, that they had all taken a smoke break. Just then they all reappeared. (They were all wearing red vests, btw.) We joked that some of them were still under the influence of their chosen addiction, and secretly poked fun at some of them. Then they were back to business and I woke.

Immigrations seems to be the passport check Kurt has mentioned before - they check if you have a valid reason to enter. Separate from this seemed to be customs, where they check for "contraband emotions" as Kurt called them, here represented as (emotional) baggage. Seems like I had sufficient emotional control as all that "gooey stuff" was tightly sealed and passed inspection.

My troubles started when I got doubtful. It was only then that I got "reset to start". Maybe I wasn't lucid enough to understand what was going on, and since I couldn't understand that I had lost clearance. There was some explanation attempt in form of the girl, but I was stuck with the image I had gotten - that everything was sealed and I was cleared. I couldn't imagine that had changed somehow.

I now think it was a test of sorts. After I started to recall it and tried to bring it into order it seemed as if I had three runs at this or passed through it two or three times. The stopping of my coworker (J again, the "adventurous" one) for a frisk could have been an error message. Then it seemed like the scene had reset and got me back to customs.

While the airport is usually astral plane, I wonder if I tried to get clearance for the mental plane? Security seemed to be real tight, but not unfriendly. People were helpful, the process itself was not stressful. (Unlike physical plane air travel.)

I woke with a tune in my mind. It took me a few minutes to identify the guitar riff, but it turned out to be "Go with the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age". Going with the flow, eh? Not bad advice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    This was like a chain letter - you pass it on. But it was complex. You got a container of three things, and you were supposed to pass it on. I passed it on to my friend W. It seemed to be a spiritually significant act. For some strange reason it was a glass container, and one of the three things was a wheat beer.

I thought about it, and came up with "Beer is purity." Germany has a law, brought down from the middle ages, that declares nothing can be put into beer but what is derived from hops, water and malt. It's called "The Law of Purity" (Reinheitsgebot). Note the three components.

Furthermore, wheat beer comes in varieties, and one is called "crystal wheat" for its color and refreshing qualities. I think I got one beer and handed another on. Indeed the beer seemed to be nourishing. Spiritual insights are meant for passing on.

Then W is a muslim, he can't drink beer. But somehow this "not quite appropriate" beer got handed on to him, and in the dream he seemed to accept. The purity was coming in a form he cannot quite accept for formal reasons, but he accepted it from me I think, kind of saying something of our relationship. W is a serious and devout muslim, but also extremely openminded. We have a strong exchange.

I think it all represented an exchange of handing on information, whether depicting an exchange that already exists between us or showing me the nonphysical equivalent, I don't know.
    This is a very meaningful message. It made me think of how in school, it’s easy to notice that we learn better from some teachers, because of their personal style and/or because of some common grounds we share with them. And those other teachers whose style don’t suit us as well may actually reach very well other persons who respond better to their unique style. I believe it is the same when it comes to spiritual insights. We are all teachers to each other, each in turn passing on what we were once passed on, through our own style and colors, so that those who respond well to our style may in turn teach others who learn well from their style, and so on…This is how something once taught, how a spiritual insight, is kept alive, and how it is passed on to as many as can be.

All these posts were a good read. I am glad you chose to share them... You make me want to open up more too…

So, does it mean that you’ll keep us posted on your future dreams and experiences?

Blog Entries

120303 / March 3rd, 2012 - Clearance

I had entered what I thought was a post office. It was full of people, sitting on white benches, waiting their turn. In fact, I was sitting in the middle of a group of old ladies. I had struck a conversation with a nice one opposite of me when all the ladies around me started to say "Oliver! Oliver!" and one turned towards me and asked "Are you Oliver? Your name has been called."

I was a bit surprised that my name had been called as I came in last and said so. I went to the clerk's station on the far left, and I recognised the clerk. I've been there a lot of times. (In fact he looked like a nice movie actor who played a postal clerk once, but during the experience there was a strong sense of recognition.) I told him that the old lady had been here before me and he checked her and called out to her that she would be definitely next.

It was more like an immigrations office than a post office. Somehow he seemed to be checking my credentials and making a list of charges I had to pay. The last one was 2.22. I went through my small change compartment and got it together just right. He looked at the receipt he'd drawn up and couldn't find it and told me to keep it. I insisted to pay it and we investigated. After he explained to me why every fee was there I agreed to drop it because I did not want to keep anyone further because of this. He seemed relieved.

I think my next destination was main train station. I wanted to check if I had everything together and turned around halfway to check if I had all my stuff or had dropped something. In doing so I ran into two people without hurting them and got eyeballed by another clerk. Then I left.

I read an AC of Kurt's yeseterday. He had to clear out some "contraband emotions" by turning stuckness into flow before he was allowed entry. I wondered about my own state in regard to this. Seems like I got to recall my gatekeeper experience of the night more consciously because of this. It's funny to clearly remember to have done this many times before when on this side of the veil I have no recall of that.

That's a great dream; I also very often dream of passport control & immigration (maybe because I have been such a rolling stone). It seems your "yucky stuff" is well sealed/compartmentalised, which you obviously understand . . . you are such a good dream analyst yourself, I would hesitate to try & interpret your dreams! My passport dreams are usually with regard to my name, which is never "right".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast