Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Did you wake up covered in blood and hair?
    I'm more the Michael J. Fox style werewolf, so only in an embarrassing college sports outfit.

Oliver

Blog Entries

I have no recall whatsoever, but it's because today is my son's first day in school and I literally woke up last night every two hours, so by the morning REM I was wiped.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Jumper

This one from just now. I woke and thought I could not recall anything again. Then I challenged myself, following an odd feeling that there might be something, and finally "retrieved" this dream fragment.

Jumper

The original incident seemed to involve CaterpillarWoman's husband being knocked out of phase with our reality. This resulted in a series of jumps or skips of him appearing at different times and places, and the attempt to bring him back. This part is mostly forgotten, but the attempts at reintegration mostly failed, either due unwillingness or due to incapability to do so.

A plan was devised to resolve the situation. It involved going back to the original incident. My dream self, "Major Samantha Carter" (Amanda Tapping from the "Stargate SG-1" series) crossed the boundary and convinced him successfully to integrate back to our reality at the point where it all started.

I noticed that I barely know anything of CW's husband, so I think he's a symbol. I assume he's a self aspect associated with my thinking mind. Then "being out of phase" here means being "misaligned" with the rest of my being, in need of integration, maybe separated in some way. This aspect of my mind seems to interfere at various instances and is - like so many misaligned self-aspects - interchangeably seemingly unwilling or unable to reintegrate.

Many approaches to reintegrating self-aspects involve going back to the root incident that separated the aspect from the core self. Crossing the boundary is some act of entering the "space" where this aspect exists, probably a plane of sorts. Where do people go when they do "self retrievals?" "Samantha Carter" in the series is an extremely intelligent female astrophysicist. Here she is the "female intelligence" aspect of my self (therefore her role as my "dream self") required to integrate the mental aspect back, kind of like being my "astral physician" (pardon the pun). I can "act as her" as she is integrated with my self, while it takes an explicit act of reintegration to get that other aspect back, represented as another person I do not identify with in the dream.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Last night I had two similar dreams.

Supper at mom's

My mom had prepared a big plate full of slices of bread. The ones on top were buttered, maybe some had something else on it I don't remember. I was eating my way through the heap only to notice that the lowest on them had thin stripes of ham and sausage sprinkled over them - not enough to cover. I usually don't eat that, so I asked why she had done that. She said something like "So you can eat what I eat." Then she proceeded to explain that the sausage might be contaminated (I guess with salmonella) because it had been packed in the fridge next to raw meat. I didn't mind and finished the plate up.

Untested muscles

Somehow my musculature had gotten improved, but somebody announced to me that the changes made as of yet "untested." I said something like "Let's take care of that now then." and struck several poses, which only seemed weird in hindsight.

I wondered later on if the poses were asanas, I can't remember. In the dream it seemed more like posing a bodybuilder, though dream recall is strangely lacking. Not like foggy, but I remember the dream of being very bright and not being able to make out much detail in hindsight.

The common thing is the risk of contamination and the risk of something untested.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Going on a trip with CF

My internet router/modem died on Saturday, so this one late:

Going on a trip with CF

I remember vaguely explaining to someone (I had a strong feeling it was CF) about going to some place together. I explained in advance that the rules of the place might seem absurd and why they made sense.

Oliver

Blog Entries

These two from this morning:

Fixing it up

A friend and I pass by a shop, and I notice something is damaged and say this can be repaired. My friend is an electrician, I think, or a plumber). The shopkeeper takes note and invites us in, but I say we haven't the right tools with us. She's disappointed, but let's us proceed anyway as I ask for a screwdriver.

The Apprentice

I am with my teacher. He tells me what needs to be a done in a certain teaching situation. And then he surprises me by telling me that now it's my turn to take care of it. I'm surprised that I am to handle this as I expected him to do it, and have the feeling that I am an apprentice now.

I happen to know which life situation this pertains to. I was wondering about what was expected of me before going to bed.

Oliver

Blog Entries

No more dreams recalled due to high stress this week at work. I also had some beers and that didn't help either.

Saw a lizard yesterday. Cannot remember seeing one for decades.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Duck & Cover

This one needs a bit of explanation... I'm part of a small team that does a tool migration for my software department. About 100 people are affected, the whole thing will come down on Monday, the last weeks have been very stressful and full of last minute requests, and tests and procedures for all kinds of contingencies.

Also last night I saw the documentary "Atomic Cafe" which contains the "Duck & Cover" short film that advised that if people saw a bright flash (from a nuclear explosion) they should duck and cover.

So, I dreamed I was in one of our offices with my co-worker Joachim, and then he requested we needed a training simulation for this "Duck & Cover" thing, so I would need to come up with a way to produce this bright flash outside so that people would duck and cover.

I thought a moment about it, and put my finger on his chest and said "Sure, no problem if you get me a 50 mega watt power generator I can short-circuit." That was supposedly my dream idea of how to generate a big, bright flash in the sky...

It seems like this is not the only dream of this kind. I felt like as if I had been working on "last minute details" at least part of my night, but this is the only thing stood out because it was so odd.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Kingdom of Heaven?

This one needs some explanation as well. I seem to have a series of dreams that seem to reference the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson and Edward Norton. Funny thing, though - I haven't seen that movie since 2007... In that move a young commoner named Balian learns his father is one of the noblemen that went on the Crusades. He inherits his father's title and travels to Palestine and meets the ruler of the Christian state of Jerusalem, Baldwin, a leper. His many adventures lead him to become tolerant of Islam, as is the king, and he ends up having to defend Jerusalem from men muslim invaders (who respect him as a honorable individual) because his allies deserted him for pushing their own agenda. Good movie, BTW.

The dream I remember is that I am charged with defending Kerak Castle (a location named in the movie) from a barbarian invasion. For some strange reason the invaders seem to be Scythian barbarians - I see them clad in furs (they look like Hollywood-style barbarians and I don't think they resemble the real Scythians at all). It is said their army comprises 25,000 men and that their forces total 73,000.

I also remember a false awakening from another dream, discussing the previous dream (which I forgot) with someone else. He says something like "Well, isn't that good?" and I respond "Well, no, because that would make me the leper king of Jerusalem!"

The Scythians made me think of "scythe." I think it's also a somewhat generic term the Greeks had for barbarians from the east of their holdings on the black sea. I have not much of an idea about the barbarians from the east and why I have to defend something from them. I wondered if "becoming the leper king" might indicate a fear of becoming too different from others to be liked? I recently got the chance to learn a fair deal about Islam from a Pakistani co-worker and friend.

It's a bit odd to have this movie come back to me in a series of dreams after several years.

Oliver

Blog Entries

This morning I had a dream where I was taking part in some kind of show. Within the dream I recalled that I had had the same dream scenario twice before with minor variation in detail, maybe the topic of the show had changed. I think I then decided to wake up to recall this.

I found myself in a false awakening. Maybe I awoke for real and fell asleep right afterward again. I realised that I was not awake but in an in-between state. I was no longer immersed in the dream I was having, so I thought it was too late for lucidity and almost woke fully up.

Then it came to me - what if I was missing my chances to become lucid because I was having expectations about what lucidity felt like. I realised that I was fully aware but not yet awake, and instead of going with my expectation I could try to stay in there. I had a WILD before from a similar situation where I was half-awake, noticed I was no longer immersed, thought I was making it up and suddenly realised that I was not imagining it, but unexpected things happened. So I wondered whether I could do a WILD now, too.

Upon trying to find my way back into the dream I realised that the visuals had faded, but I also found that the former dream with the shows and recalling the former shows was fading. I decided to wake up and record and this time I woke up for real.

I chose to recall this dream instead of risking to lose it because I found it interesting to recall at least 3 variations of the same dream. Either this is a hint for a continuous dream memory or the dream repeated itself in three variations or the memory was false.

Oliver

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast