Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Oliver's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Oliver's Dream Journal

Since there was a reference to waking up with something in your head in sono's post, I had that, too, this morning.

I woke with a silly drinking/party song in my head. It's just an endless repetition of some nonsensical lines, but I even skipped some and repeated these: "One sandwich made with ham, one sandwich made with egg. That's two sandwiches for you, one with ham and one with egg."

This felt odd to wake up with, and then I remembered that I ordered a pizza in my dream and it had ham on it. I made a special point of inspecting the texture and everything to see if it was good ham after all. Ham pizza and ham & eggs sandwiches - my personal guess was that I needed protein, so I had an egg sandwich for breakfast.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Poor pizza baker

I only recall bits of this one. It starts with the story of a pizza baker who makes really excellent pizza. But I'm disappointed to find that fellow Italians shun him, seemingly because of his origins or what he's done in the past maybe. It seems like all his merits count for naught, which doesn't seem right to me.

Then I am with my co-worker Christoph. In waking life, Christoph is a line manager, but one I did not work with for a long time and then only loosely. I never reported to him, but supported an effort done by his team. Here him and I order a pizza. He has salami with lots of cheese (seems to be white sprinkles) and I have ham (that's the pizza I talk about). I talk about how the place serves the best pizza and pasta I know off, but find myself inspecting the ham if it is really good quality. (I think I'm confusing it a bit with a pizzeria from waking quality who make good pizza even in spite they seem to use ingredients on the cheap side).

Now I'm not sure who I'm with. Somebody sits on my right. We sit at a table in an alcove. On the left side at the head of the table sits the owner of the restaurant. At another table in an opposite alcove sits another man we first talk to. He's not friendly and not helping.

The owner of the restaurant is George Carlin, the late comedian. Which strikes me as a bit odd, but because the person from the earlier story seemed so humble, and also look different. He asks us something, and if we want to sit at opposite sides of the table instead.

I reply by greeting him because my companion does seem to desperately talk to him but can't. So I try to break the ice a bit for him.

That's all I recall, and it puzzles me quite a bit.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Just some idle thoughts, Oliver. As you know I'm not too good at the dream interp - but sometimes I get lucky.

Thinking about pizza - what is it but some bread, sauce and cheese? Well, it can be or 'convey' just about anything else. Whatever you have in mind you can probably put it on a pizza. Now, for you it's gotta' be ham - good ham. And how 'bout that George Carlin - there's a ham for ya'! Some would think he's (was) a pretty dirty ham.

So, have you been thinking about 'hamming it up' with somebody or in a situation - like work, where it might not be considered proper behavior? Could you contemplating 'the curse of Ham', son of Noah? All that is rather dark, won't bother to reproduce it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ham_(son_of_Noah)

Like I say, just idle thoughts....

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hey, Ritch.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    Thinking about pizza - what is it but some bread, sauce and cheese? Well, it can be or 'convey' just about anything else. Whatever you have in mind you can probably put it on a pizza. Now, for you it's gotta' be ham - good ham. And how 'bout that George Carlin - there's a ham for ya'! Some would think he's (was) a pretty dirty ham.
    Can you explain this some more? I'm not familiar with these phrases/idioms.

How funny a synchronicity that I had a chat with a British co-worker about the difference of the British idea of ham and bacon and the German one.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

ham [ham]
    n (plural hams)
    somebody who overacts: somebody, especially an actor, who performs in an exaggerated showy style

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Tonight I walked home, and just before I arrived I thought about the astral body. Next I found a live frog on my doorstep. Weird.

Oliver

hmmm...what are your thoughts that relate the two incidences?
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Hello, Tim.

Frogs - or amphibians in general - symbolise "living in two worlds" to me. So it was interesting to find one on my doorstep.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Today I had a memory that could not have happened to realise it was a dream I forgot.

I was driving a car after having not done so for quite some time, but it all came back to me and soon it was real fun.

Oliver

Blog Entries

This one from my Sunday after-lunch nap.

"Messing with the TV"

There was a TV, and I noticed something odd. There was some programme where the character (maybe an announcer) was actually aware of my presence. I had noticed little inconsistencies upon switching to that programme twice. Like he was seeing where the TV was pointing at.

So I switched to another channel and turned the TV sideways, and intended to then, to add to his confusion, just say "You know I already know you can see me."

I think I woke up instead. Guess not only Neil can break dreams.

I think I had actually two thoughts - the other things I wanted to tell him seemed to have to with knowing that it is a dream. Even though I think I was not fully aware of the fact myself.

Oliver

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast