How do the etheric and physical bodies interact? How does potential etheric energy translate into the body?

From experience I know that energywork, well, works; but that doesn't stop me from wondering how and why.

The major chakras have been frequently associated with endocrine glands, and it seems to be a popular theory that the "first" input into the body from the etheric, if you will, is through the action of glands.

To me it makes more sense that the junction between the etheric and the physical body is at the subatomic level -- that the etheric influences the physical beginning with the body's elementary particles: its quarks, electrons, and photons. (Although there may be stronger points of influence...which correspond spatially to the nexi of energy centers.)

Right now I'm reading QED by Richard Feynman, which is a series of lectures about quantum electrodynamics. It's a half-enjoyable dense literary jaunt and half a brain-numbing slog, but I'm reading it because it occurs to me that regardless of mainstream's science failure to recognize spiritual reality, it still contains principles that can expand my spiritual practice.

One contribution of quantum electrodynamics is the knowledge, at very small scales, nature is not (apparently) deterministic but probabilistic. If we carry this into spiritual practice, like into energywork, then it becomes obvious that techniques are not recipes for desired results -- rather they're actions that may make certain results more probable.

If that's true then the most practical question becomes: What can we do in order to make it more probable that a certain technique will "succeed"? How do we get the etheric and physical bodies to interact more and more beneficially?

In optics, if you want light to travel to one point, you use a lens.

What is the "lens" of energywork? What is the "lens" that focuses the etheric on the body?