Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My lucid dream

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

My lucid dream

i had a really cool lucid dream, but i was disappointed cuz it ended like RIGHT before i was just about to start doing fun stuff in it. i really wish it could've lasted longer, but it only lasted like what seemed like 10 minutes (when in reality was like a half hour). are there any really good ways to extend a lucid dream? or even make one happen? i've heard of a few ways of trying to make a lucid dream happen, but none of them work very well... not for me at least. i don't dream very often, (or rather, i don't remember having any dreams often) and i want to be able to dream a lot more often at night, perhaps every night. it's only common sense that in order to have more lucid dreams, is to have more dreams.
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

Re: My lucid dream

Hello, Guitarmaster72.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmaster72
    are there any really good ways to extend a lucid dream?
    It's a skill that needs to be trained like any other. Try looking into Robert Waggoner's "Lucid Dreaming" - not much practical explanation so far (I'm reading it), but excellent background explanations. Wonderful description of the process of learning to stabilize and sustain lucid dreams he went through himself.

it's only common sense that in order to have more lucid dreams, is to have more dreams.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Do you journal all of your dreams? That might send the signal that they are important to you, and the effort might be rewarded by more recall.

Cheers,
    Oliver

oh... i don't really enjoy the idea of keeping a journal of any kind... i'm not much of a person that likes to write down personal thoughts and keep it for the future. how exactly does keeping a journal help anyways? i usually can remember my dreams quite well (if i can remember having one, cuz i hear everybody has a dream every night, they just don't remember having one). it's not that often that i can remember having a dream, but not remember what it was. what can i do with a journal that i can't just remember in my head? dreams are important to me, because it gives me a feeling of being free from the laws of physics, and basically do whatever i want. i'm not one of those people that think "dreams are good to remember because it can help you learn" or bolony like that, i'm just looking for a good time, and what better place than a dream where you can do anything you can think of?

Blog Entries

I didn't say to "keep a diary." I said "journal your dreams." By recording them you - amongst other things - send a signal that you value your dreams enough to make this effort. See if it makes a difference - to the quantity or the quality of your dreams.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Another reason for journaling is because in the future you can look back at trends and compare them with what was happening in your life, and this helps with recall and interpretation.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

oh, korpo, you didn't mean like keep an actual journal, but like a mental note saying that dreams are important to me? i used to see dreams as pretty passive, but over the last month, i've been starting to appreciate my dreams a little more, because the thought of being in a fantasy world inside your own head where anything can happen is just amazing thought. the second i realize i just came out of a dream i think "wow that was cool, wierd ♥♥♥♥ happened and it wasn't even real! even though it looked and felt real" in a dream, you can do some of the most fun things, and not have any consequence (such as going on a rampage with guns n stuff, not that i think killing is a good thing, but if you've ever played FPS video games, you know what i mean)

do you have any other good tips on how to make yourself have more dreams or more lucid dreams? like i heard stuff like "don't watch TV or play games about an hour before bed" or (to induce lucid dreams) " Make a habit of looking at your hands or in a mirror, or asking yourself if your dreaming, while awake. often times you'll know you're awake when your awake, but when you ask yourself while sleeping, you'll consider you are dreaming and become lucid" are these some of the only methods, or can you mentally prepare yourself to have a dream somehow?

Blog Entries

oh, korpo, you didn't mean like keep an actual journal, but like a mental note saying that dreams are important to me?
    No. When you wake up, you jot down what you were dreaming. Some people get so proficient at this that they can do it in the middle of the night while half-asleep. You could also use a recording device (mp3 player, a phone that records, etc.) and just record a dream verbally, if you don't want to write it down.

As mentioned, keep a journal/record/notes on what you dream will help get you in the habit of remembering your dreams. Generally speaking, it's not that people need to dream "more", but that they need to remember what they DO dream.

Good dream recall is the first step to lucid dreaming according to a lot of lucid dream experts.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Good dream recall is the first step to lucid dreaming according to a lot of lucid dream experts
    well can i skip that step? i'm too lazy lol. what's the next step?

Blog Entries

Use keywords. Three words the second you wake.

And, Oliver and CW: Bazinga!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

huh?