Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: E1B's dream journal

Blog Entries

Re: Dream Journal E1B

Well, that works, so why not? It's possible though that if you realised you were dreaming you were tossing and turning that you could do something with the lucidity. I'm speaking theoretically.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Hello Eyeoneblack,

About waking up in the night and not getting much hours of sleep... If you think you have a balanced lifestyle (not too stressful, healthy diet and etc.) and have no health condition that could explain why you have a disrupted sleep, then try not to worry too much about it. Worrying makes it worst and strengten the (maybe false) belief that it is unhealthy and that you need more sleep, while maybe you don't... And as a result, you may feel tired simply because you believe you should be feeling tired. (Beliefs can be that powerful!) I think the body knows how much sleep it really needs so I guess you could trust it on that...
    That being said, I know how tossing and turning can be exasperating sometimes...I know oh so well! I guess I will need to follow Korpo's and Beekeeper's advices on that too

As for the dream recall, I noticed that I tend to have a low dream recall when I lose interest in my dreams because they feel more «ordinary» than previous ones or because they are harder to put together. What you just did here is what also works for me to reawaken the desire/motivation to recall dreams : working on past dreams, or just reading past entries in my dream note books and trying to figure out dreams I did not give much attention to back then. Besides, sometimes these unnoticed dreams reveal themselves to be more than what we first thought they were...

Blog Entries

Yes, I think it is good idea to review your journal from time to time. Dreams continue to evolve and mature in our subconscious. We don't really forget them, but in remembering them we are reminded that we are swept along in a current, whether we think of it or not, and we see our dreams of yesterday find new and enlightening expression today and tomorrow and....? Brought together they form a continuum that explains what the detail eludes us.

Thanks, mon cherrie (bad French)

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Beautifully said... Really!

...You mean «ma chère»

Blog Entries

More stairs?!
    Dream fragment: I'm in multiplex university type of buildings. I have stumbled into what I gather is a piano teacher's studio and sit at the piano. I try to play some familiar music, but my fingers don't work very well nor can I remember the notes.

Next I'm wondering around in an area that resembles a nursing home and one of the nurses informs me "this is the hospital". I tell her I can see it is, but how do I get to [some place]? She points me to the 'stairs' I need to take to a lower level. But the stairs are actually an escalator that has been demolished. The entrance is blocked by a steel column laying across it. I squeeze under the column and scuttle down the steps on my butt. When I get to the bottom it is blocked too by a steel column and other material. I try to squeeze under the column again but it is almost too tight. I get pretty stuck and I think this is where I wake up.

Dream fragment:
    I'm in an old abandoned house. Three thugs are trying to break in and I’m holding the rickety door against them. I warn them they really don’t want to break in. I look around the living room, there is no furniture but there are two small rhinoceroses and a lion running around.

[Reminds me of that Robin Williams movie - Jumangi or something. ]
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hello, E1B.

The experience in the hospital carries traits of a "public" experience on the planes. The nurse reacts like what Kurt calls a Robot - the conscious environment giving you information about itself.

You decide not to take advantage of being in the hospital. You also try not to find out what to do there. You have a location in mind yourself and it is on a lower (sub)plane relative to that one. You find the way there barred by obstacles - all feedback from the environment that while you are generally can go there it is not opportunate at the moment. Instead of taking the mounting obstacles as a feedback to reconsider you struggle on till you basically lose your lucidity/recall and the experience itself.

You probably cannot remember what the place was you were asking for because you were asking for its ident, not really a word but a way of identifying it and it didn't translate back to your waking self. This could be also a case of state-specific memory.

The piano experience could denote that bringing your expectations along with you might not work well. It is not truly "the familiar" even if it looks like it. What is a "multiplex university?"

When your lower energy bodies are out of control or unaligned they can appear as wild, rowdy or other scary elements in dreams. The three is a clue here. In my dreams they could appear as wild dogs for example (I later saw them tame on the leash of their master for contrast), but an unaligned energy body could also even be the villain of the dream - the lower mental body can for example appear as mad scientist. This would denote problems of not being unaligned.

Similarly energy bodies in their role as elementals have a "will of their own." Like wild animals. Neil had experiences where the elemtals transformed from wild lions into tame domestic cats. Jumanji is a movie where animals are out of control, of wild, untamed nature and of dangers. This could denote some chaos and unalignment. There sure was a lot of chaos in Jumanji.

Sometimes in a set of threes also similarities and differences can denote the degree of alignment between different energy bodies. If the two rhinos were the etheric and astral they would denote a degree of alignment between the both which is likely anyway in your case. The lion could be the mental body, a feral beast, not as tamed yet, but definitely king of the jungle when it comes to the others.

For comparison - I once dreamed of twin girls and a boy who roughed them up, yet couldn't fathom his own actions in his immaturity. The lower mental body can exert strong influence on the etheric and astral bodies, and when mental body tendencies are not kept in check they can do harm in the lower bodies.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    You decide not to take advantage of being in the hospital.
    Is that ever protentious! Two days after this dream I had a Dr.'s appt and the next day learned that being in the hospital is very likely . And yes, it's fairly obvious my energy bodies are out of alignment, at least with repect to the physical.

I wonder if trying to take the escalator down was an attempt to deal with physical problems? Just a thought.

Your input always appreciated, Oliver

Appending another dream fragment from a week ago:

More critters. Previously I've recorded on AD dreams that centered on a 'pig' and a macaw-monkey and these two add to the dream critters phase. One is a strange shark I think I have caught fishing. It has a waist like a person - hour-glass shape between what might be hips and shoulders (though I didn't notice those features). I didn't want it to bite me but that seemed inevitable and it did. It had shark teeth lining the edges of its mouth but on the bottom jaw were teeth like a mammal - long straight teeth. It bit me and I think I asked my daughter to help get my hand out of its mouth.

The other was a small lion with a mane, the size of a kitten. It had a black head and I enjoyed petting it.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

A Groggy Start

[The only thing slightly interesting about this dream, so far as I can figure, is the half out-of-it sleepy, dreamy condition I was in during the early parts. But even still, the dream was quite vivid.]

I have taken rooms in an old house, seemingly in a small rural town where maybe Sheriff Andy Taylor (Mayberry, you know, just a ways from the city of Mt. Pilot) keeps the peace. I haven't lived here very long, don't know anybody. The place is spacious, but empty and dark. I'm doing something to the walls, hanging pictures maybe. I have an empty bottle in my hand, it's clear glass with just the remnants of water or beer/soda I was drinking.

The bottle slips out of my hand (it had collected sweat from having been cold) and lands with a loud thud on the wood floor. I know the sound reverberates throughout the entire house and I feel a little embarrassed for disturbing everybody - there are other tenants beside myself, I think, plus the family that owns the house who occupy the main rooms. Yet, I manage to drop the bottle another two/three times making the same reverberating thud on the floor each time. I'm feeling sleepy/dreamy, not quite with it.

Suddenly the door in front of me opens and there is an attractive young lady standing in the doorway. She offers me her hand and I think how nice it is to hold it and I don't let go for just a second. I say hello, you must be 'some name' and she responds that her name is Judy and invites me in.

She asks if I have a job, and somewhat embarrassed, I explain with bit of a stammer that I don't have to have one and after an awkward pause, I add, apologetically that I probably ought to get one. I reckon concerned about getting the rent.

I walk into a small bedroom decorated Victorian and she asks me to wait for her for a minute and leaves the room. I lie down on a small bed with flowery red and cream cover, and still feeling sleepy/dreamy I doze off. She returns and I open my eyes. Her hand is extended toward me so I reach to take it but she is holding something, maybe fragile, so I take hold of her wrist. I explain that my rear is halfway off the other side of the bed and I can't do much to get up without falling that way. She pulls me up and we go into the living room.

It is not Victorian but more a Ranch design. Again she excuses herself. I see immediately a large cabinet with a full screen on the front displaying three images of comic art like panels of a cartoon strip, but without any characters in them. I wonder if the house belongs to the creator of Garfield? Wouldn't that be cool!

She returns and opens a door that leads to the hall. Her Grandmother, I presume, is there and she's lively and animated like she's so glad see me! And here comes her Dad, the cartoonist himself! I look down the hall and see a lady, probably Judy's Mom, stirring in the kitchen.

Judy and I then enter another room that has a blonde upright piano against the wall and over in the corner are drums and a double-bass all in their travel cases. I tell her I was a professional pianist and suddenly I'm stricken with the fear that she's going to ask me to play. I wake up.
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 24th June 2011 at 02:41 PM.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I'm lost in a suburban neighborhood, walking somewhere, don't know my destination. I open a sliding glass door and enter a house. “Papa Bear” spies me standing in the dining room and pretty much goes ballistic. I would too if I found a stranger in my house. He angrily accost me while I’m doing my best to explain that I don’t mean to be here. It’s an accident.

He grabs me by the collar and hauls me down the street to a neighbor who’s a cop. The policeman does a record search which turns up nothing. The two men decide I’m probably no harm and we walk into the back yard where there is a tall chain-link fence. I search and see there is no gate in the fence. I see a chain on the corner of the fence. (don’t know why a chain but it’s part of the dream so I mention it. Was as if to lock a gate that wasn‘t there)

A tall and lanky young man appears to my left. He walks up to the fence and jumps over it but in a strange way. He double-jumps; that is he jumps and then he jumps again, which of course is impossible because one cannot jump while in the air. I look to Papa Bear and the cop and say, “Watch this.” I take a few steps forward and levitate up, over and back down on the other side of the fence. No effort at all and pretty cool, I think.

I continue walking and again I open the sliding glass door and enter Papa Bear’s house. Just as before. He sees me and lets out a barking sound. I can’t help myself and start to chuckle at the insanity of being there again. He begins to see the humor in the situation himself and loses his sternness. Yes, it’s an accident that I’m there and really baffling ridiculous, and he starts to chuckle himself.

Again we walk through the back yard and up to the fence. We are playfully guy-jabbin’ each other along the way. I look at him and make some clever remark to the effect “Let’s not get too friendly here...“. The lanky guy double-jumps again. I think to myself that he must be just learning his dream powers. I take a few steps and simply glide over the fence again. I think the lanky guy and I turn around and gesture Goodbye and go on our way. Not sure of my memory on that, though.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Woke up at about 3am. Couldn't go back to sleep so was deprived of dream-time. Boooo!
    - E Hubbard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast