Hi everyone. I will share my experiences online for those of you who actually read these things. Below is my first ever astral projection. I have been projecting for a couple of months so far, but I don't have my journal with me so I will be adding my other journeys later. Enjoy!

1st OBE, beginning of June, 2010

I practice the method of visualizing myself walking around my parent's house, noticing objects here and there and repeating the affirmation "I'm out of body now." I do this and eventually fall asleep. Suddenly, I wake up in the trance state and my body is vibrating. I think "Oh my God it's actually happening. It worked!" After a couple of attempts I separate but can't see. I repeatedly say "clarity now" and I can see. I'm in my apartment. Immediately I shoot up and start flying over my condo. I sweep down over the lake/canal in the back and land on the grass. Then I say "I want to meet my higher self." I repeat this but nothing happens. Oh well. I start to walk towards the front of my complex. But when I walk I hear footsteps behind me. I stop and quickly turn around. The footsteps stop. There's no one there. I walk again. I hear the footsteps in the grass following me. I stop, turn around. The footsteps stop. No one's there. Whatever. I am now in the front of my condo walking towards the stairs, when suddenly a black plastic bag rises up from the ground in front of me. It floats in front of me in the shape of a man, with head and torso. I sense that it is trying to scare me, but I am not scared. I grab the plastic bag and cast it on the ground. There is nothing underneath, just air.

I walk up the stairs and enter my condo. I go to my computer room and my sister is sitting on the ground playing with my cats. I yell her name. She doesn't hear or see me. I go up to the cats and snap my fingers near their ears. They can hear but they can't see me. Then I go to the living room and my ex-boyfriend Rob is sitting on the couch expecting me. That's weird, he sees me but no one else can. I tell him I'm bored now and I want to go back into my body. He follows me into my room where my body is sleeping. I lay on my body and try to "click" in, while Rob stands there watching me. Finally I do and I wake up. But Rob is still there! Then I really wake up and I am back in the real world.

Thoughts: When I first had this OBE I dismissed it for a very vivid dream. Later on as I had more OBEs I realized this had been my first one. I feel that this first one was sort of a training round. I didn't have full conscious control, and it was within a dream with some dream elements, such as my sister and my ex. They don't live with me so I felt they were put there to give me a sense of security. Thinking back I believe that Rob might have been my higher self or spirit guide because it felt like he was there to watch me and sort of guide me. The plastic bag demon/ghost thing felt like a test to see if I would be afraid.