Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Significance of Kundalini Awakening

Significance of Kundalini Awakening

There are many varying descriptions of the kundalini awakening. I have heard it being described as: "The evolutionary dormant seed coming to life" or "evolutionary mechanism of consciousness". There are references to the massive amount of force/energy rising through the central channel, and chakra strobing. But these are merely effects.

My way of doing things is through pursuit of an expansion of consciousness. When I have realizations, I would conclude that I have undergone evolution of consciousness, growth to a new level.

So my question is, why is the effect of kundalini awakening significant or even neccessary? How is growth before different from growth afterwards? Isn't it still... just growth?

And what is the evolutionary seed? Why is it needed when evolution already takes place?

Cheers,

John
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Re: Significance of Kundalini Awakening

I don't know that it is needed- some people get them, some don't. I think this is just something that happens, although it can be made to happen- like a siddhi, sort of.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't know that it is needed- some people get them, some don't. I think this is just something that happens, although it can be made to happen- like a siddhi, sort of.
    I kinda imagine it like every person is a glass of water. During pre-kundalini years, we are filling up the glass with water. Then, when the water overflows from the glasss, the awakening happens. I have no idea why I would use that model though.

Does kundalini awaken when you reach samadhi? Is this the actual event of releasing yourself from samsara?

Blog Entries

Just my personal take:

Kundalini has become a highly charged term, a samskara of its own. I mean, people get all obsessed by the ideas they attach to it, they think they need it, they develop expectations of what will happen, there will be salvation myths, people will think it is a short cut, it will lead to enlightenment, it has to happen like this, it's dangerous, etc. The usual hype.

I believe that most of the issue is a non-issue. Staying grounded, trying to learn the many different lessons and acting in responsible ways matter more to me. Whatever happens, happens.

This is just my general assessment of the whole "Kundalini issue," not a comment of any kind about you, farewell2arms - just to avoid a misunderstanding.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    There are many varying descriptions of the kundalini awakening. I have heard it being described as: "The evolutionary dormant seed coming to life" or "evolutionary mechanism of consciousness". There are references to the massive amount of force/energy rising through the central channel, and chakra strobing. But these are merely effects.

My way of doing things is through pursuit of an expansion of consciousness. When I have realizations, I would conclude that I have undergone evolution of consciousness, growth to a new level.

So my question is, why is the effect of kundalini awakening significant or even neccessary? How is growth before different from growth afterwards? Isn't it still... just growth?

And what is the evolutionary seed? Why is it needed when evolution already takes place?

Cheers,

John
    I believe that expansion of consicousness will not occur without kundalini awakening and that the spirit and soul evolve somewhat with each K event
    but that the path is infinite and eternal.

The spirit is the ghost which continues to look and act like that personality but the soul reincarnates carrying the light quotient of the magician into the monad to be diseminated to all of the souls that bud off of that monad.

I believe that the soul carries the code into the next life and that is why we see the guardian angel and the energy body of a sitter with clairvoyant evidence of their past lives working as a magician.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Just my personal take:

Kundalini has become a highly charged term, a samskara of its own. I mean, people get all obsessed by the ideas they attach to it, they think they need it, they develop expectations of what will happen, there will be salvation myths, people will think it is a short cut, it will lead to enlightenment, it has to happen like this, it's dangerous, etc. The usual hype.

I believe that most of the issue is a non-issue. Staying grounded, trying to learn the many different lessons and acting in responsible ways matter more to me. Whatever happens, happens.
    Thats basically my approach to it aswell.
    But what interests me is that there's supposed to be some event (the actual awakening) that marks something though, and I'm trying to figure out what it marks, and why the event takes place at all.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Clair
    I believe that expansion of consicousness will not occur without kundalini awakening and that the spirit and soul evolve somewhat with each K event
    but that the path is infinite and eternal.
    That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms.

I have since I started on this journey had a growth in consciousness, and I have certainly not experienced anything like what’s been described by various sources as an awakening.

From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent.

But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.

Am I making sense?

John

Blog Entries

Hello, farewell2arms.

That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms.
    I'd expect the same.

From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent.
    I think there's a forceful awakening where basically a powerful triggered event can actually dissolve these layers you talk about. This is the event that for example is described when referencing to the Kundalini syndrome.

Or you can work on dissolving these resistances yourself and the actual rise of this fundamental force will be less noticeable - only over time. It's then not an event, but much more like a continuum of changes, and if you look back some years you would barely recognise yourself. This gradual dissolving of resistances could happen through a great variety of ways, including many spiritual practices and through a consciously chosen well-balanced lifestyle.

But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones,
    Maybe.

but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.
    I would say yes.

Cheers,
    Oliver

But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.
    I am wondering if it's not more of a two-way process. What I mean is that when you expand your consciousness kundalini awakes, but also when you awake kunalini it expands your consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo

Or you can work on dissolving these resistances yourself and the actual rise of this fundamental force will be less noticeable - only over time. It's then not an event, but much more like a continuum of changes, and if you look back some years you would barely recognise yourself. This gradual dissolving of resistances could happen through a great variety of ways, including many spiritual practices and through a consciously chosen well-balanced lifestyle.
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentarius
    I am wondering if it's not more of a two-way process. What I mean is that when you expand your consciousness kundalini awakes, but also when you awake kunalini it expands your consciousness.
    Yes, probably. Reality is always far more complicated than we can imagine. I guess that's why conceptualizing doesn't work. But at least it might be a key to a new understanding growing within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5-hPVOe6g

Blog Entries

Reality is always far more complicated than we can imagine. I guess that's why conceptualizing doesn't work. But at least it might be a key to a new understanding growing within.
    Yes, definitely. Not necessarily complicated, but different.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast