Thread: Composing Songs

Composing Songs

Sometimes I wonder how much creative potential lies in us or unfortunately remains unused in this waking reality because it cannot be transferred over. :cry:

Today I "caught" myself again singing/playing a song. I do this sometimes. It happens during a normal dream. Almost like a kind of movie score running background to the pictures.

To me, it is no known or common songs (at least from this life). But it might be in a familiar style I know or listen to. So I guess I either really compose it or get it from the astral / akashic database / collective subconscious.

I am a musician, so it might also be my very own subconscious and creativity, and I really am doing "dream songwriting".

It is a pity that I hardly ever remember exactly - despite any improved dream recall (by using tools such as affirmations, nightly get-ups, diary, moldavite) the melodies, instruments or lyrics entirely. A glimpse is what stays - as usual with a lot of dream content.

So this morning I remembered a song that went like "good morning, ... good morning, ..." (lyrics in-between not remembered), it was a bit singer-songwriter type with guitar accompaniment (which is normally not entirely the style I like, but hey, so it was).

Probably my dream self knew it would wake up soon, hence the lyrics.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Re: Composing Songs

This happens to me also, and I am not connected to musicmaking other than playing a few instruments. And yes, it goes away as soon as I wake up.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Isn't this sad? We could have been creating real masterpieces nobody will ever (have) listen(ed) to.
    Or maybe in the Astral ...
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Hello, Volgerle.

When you're pursuing making music in waking life, over time your spiritual activities might affect this, easing the creative process. I have woken on one or maybe two occasions with a piece in my mind - one was I think for string duet or trio. Another one was a really fast-paced jazz solo for keyboard/organ.

Unfortunately I don't play those nor am I capable of transcribing them. I could have recorded maybe the first idea. But they exist. If I chose to develop these musical basic abilities more they might become available more often.

Unfortunately no instrument really strikes my fancy, at least at the moment. Maybe when I get an impulse I will change that. I played piano marvellously in one dream as well. Maybe it's just my love for music. But for now these stay lost as well.

Cheers,
    Oliver

PS - What does your name derive from? I'm curious.

this happens to me frequently too.
    often thru dreams, often i just catch myself at it while awake. i've even gone as far as recreating it with my voice, and recording it onto a voice memos app i have on my phone, but when i get home and try to remember how it sounded in my head, and reproduce on the computer...well, it's been unsuccessful so far.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerie
    Isn't this sad? We could have been creating real masterpieces nobody will ever (have) listen(ed) to.
    I'm with Tom Stoppard on this one. I don't think anything is ever lost or destroyed, I think it either comes into manifestation some other way (maybe not on this particular dimensional timeline) or it's stored as part of the Akashic.

Afterlife sources have allegedly claimed that creative product belongs collectively to the earthly originator and the spiritual muses, some of whom are departed beings.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Volgerie
    I'm with Tom Stoppard on this one. I don't think anything is ever lost or destroyed, I think it either comes into manifestation some other way (maybe not on this particular dimensional timeline) or it's stored as part of the Akashic.

Afterlife sources have allegedly claimed that creative product belongs collectively to the earthly originator and the spiritual muses, some of whom are departed beings.
    I agree with this- it makes me think that at some point I'm witnessing something that is going to come through someone else's creativity- I just happen to 'be' there when it's being 'pre-manifested'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.