Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Different types of energy

CunoDante Guest

Different types of energy

Scorpyn's post yesterday has got me thinking. I notice that I feel different types of energies when I'm doing energy work (instead of just feeling one kind of energy). Just out of curiosity, what are all the different types of energies everyone else perceives? Also, if you can remember, in what order did you start experiencing these different energies.

I feel: electricity, cold, heat, fluid, pressure, and a sensation that I can only describe as veins of a leaf with water/liquid running through them.

I began to feel them in this order: first electricity and pressure, then heat and cold, then fluid, and just recently I started feeling the vein thing.

I generally tend to feel the electricity in my hands and feet. The cold and heat I feel anywhere in my body, although I more often feel heat on the back half of my body and sometimes in my thighs. Pressure I generally feel in my head. The vein thing I feel in my upper torso, especially near my heart chakra. Sometimes the liquid running through the veins feels cold and wet, other times it feels warmer. Fluid I can feel in my legs, but also in my upper torso. In my legs, I also tend to feel some kind of mix between fluid and electricity.

Jaco Guest
    feel: electricity, cold, heat, fluid, pressure, and a sensation that I can only describe as veins of a leaf with water/liquid running through them.
    Are those different energies, or different sensations caused by the same energy?
    I feel the same sensations as You when I'm doing NEW. I also sometimes feel pain, or tingling, and sometimes I also feel a strong squashing feeling, usually in my joints. (It feels like something heavy is pushing on my joint, but like from all directions at once Unpleasant, but usually it is a short sensation).
    In what order those sensations appeared? Hmm, hard to tell
    I think that pain, pressure, electricity ( I think I know what feeling are you talking about ) cold, fluid, and veins were first sensations, and heat and squishing appeared later It's really hard to tell, because different type of sensations may appear in different parts of body in the same energy session
    I also have experience in energy work with reiki. This is a more subtle, light energy, while ki (NEW training) is more crude, raw, heavier energy. Hmm, anyway it feels different
    With reiki I usually get warm buzzing feeling, rarely a cold feeling

Scorpyn Guest
    I'm not sure whether it's actually several types of energy or whether it's the same energy that's percieved in different ways. I know that I need to focus in different ways to get different energy feelings, but whether the actual energy is really different I don't really know...

So far, I have only gotten the cold feeling either when actively trying to make it cold or when I've sent off heaps of energy in one direction and it seems like the energy is running out but instead it's replaced with cold energy. It seems to be possible to get hot and cold at the same time, which can be confusing.

I suppose that when I speak of different energy types, I actually speak of different energy feelings, because that's how I distinguish them, whether they actually are different or not it terms of raw energy.

One thing that would indicate that it actually is different "types" of energy is that it seems like the energy has to go through a chakra before I can change it. I'm not sure if that's actually the case (hard to tell) but if it is, then that would indicate that the energy is at least capable of transforming in different ways. It might still be the same energy, but perhaps vibrating at different speeds and concentrations to create all the different feelings.

In fact, the 1st person ever to mention different "types" of energy (as far as I know) is me, and since I'm not nearly as developed as many others it would seem like I'm at least partially wrong in that.

Kinda funny to see this topic btw, as I was planning to make a thread with the same name a while ago but I forgot about it

Jaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpyn
    One thing that would indicate that it actually is different "types" of energy is that it seems like the energy has to go through a chakra before I can change it.
    Well, actually that one of the main differences I see between energy I call "reiki" and energy I call "ki" . Ki energy travels, hmm, in some specific pathways, in some "veins" or "canals", whatever we call those pathways, for instance: along the spine, in some veinlike pathways radiating from the sub navel storage center in different directions etc. While reiki does not travel like that, it just goes where it wants
    Usually when I'm doing reiki healing procedure on me, reiki flow initiates ki flow and I can tell the difference, which sensation is caused by which energy . Hmm but I'm really experienced only in those two energy systems (and yoga, if you look at yoga that way )
    And my experience is also rather small Only over 1 year in NEW and 3 months in reiki so... hmm my conclusions might be premature
    But, on the other hand, there might be something in this

My blessings to You!

CunoDante Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaco
    Are those different energies, or different sensations caused by the same energy?
    I have no idea. I just know those are the sensations that I feel. I also want to add that I feel the leafy vein thing primarily when I'm connecting with other people.

It seems to be possible to get hot and cold at the same time, which can be confusing.
    I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It is confusing experiencing two completely opposite sensations at the same time. I also experience that opposite thing when I go into trance. It feels like everything is getting farther away yet closer at the same time. I think I might have to start a new thread called "Metaphysical Paradoxes".

Jaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CunoDante
    I think I might have to start a new thread called "Metaphysical Paradoxes".
    Oh please do! I think there would be a lot of funny and informative stories to read in a thread like that

Scorpyn Guest
    Well, actually that one of the main differences I see between energy I call "reiki" and energy I call "ki" . Ki energy travels, hmm, in some specific pathways, in some "veins" or "canals", whatever we call those pathways, for instance: along the spine, in some veinlike pathways radiating from the sub navel storage center in different directions etc. While reiki does not travel like that, it just goes where it wants
    When "translating" your words to mine, it would seem like reiki is what's used and ki is the result.

Jaco Guest
    When "translating" your words to mine, it would seem like reiki is what's used and ki is the result.
    Hmm... I don't think that's the case I don't think that ki is a transformed reiki Although reiki can influence ki, I see those energies as quite different things. I have not tried to do reiki and new at once, maybe I'll try and see what happens
    Another aspect is while you're drawing energy from background in New, you send it into storage center, and from there it flows in pathways to different parts of body.
    What is the difference between the energy that flows into, and out of storage center? Hmm, it seems a bit... refined, more personal, but I wouldn’t bet my head on it
    I see ki as more of a "my" energy, that type of energy which is in me, not a background energy.
    Oh yeah, and reiki is summoned, you are more like a channel, than the source
    But that's my subjective observations

Scorpyn Guest
    Actually I'm not sure that we really should distiguish between reiki and ki in that way, because to me reiki is more like a process than a type of energy - I could be wrong of course, I haven't really read that much about reiki.

It's probably true that you use the energy in different ways though depending on what you want to do. I think that what you describe as "reiki energy" is what I would describe as "raw unmodified energy", where raw is a rather misleading word because I think it's actually a lot lighter than the "processed" energy.

In other words, I believe that reiki is a way to let the energy pass through without being modified on the way, whereas NEW is (usually) a way to convert raw energy to something else.

If we go to the subject of psi balls for example : When making a psi ball between your hands by sending energy from your hands, you would probably use processed energy - but you still have a choice to use the raw energy. However, when making a psi ball on the other side of the room without letting the energy pass through your body first, the raw energy would be used and there wouldn't be that much you could do about it.

I believe that to be able to make "raw" energy pass through your chakras without being modified, you would have to adjust the chakras to the energy instead of the opposite which would probably be the case then the energy is processed.

Note that everything above should be taken with a grain of salt - I am no authority on the subject, I only speak of my own experiences and my theories around it, which could be completely wrong. I suppose that time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Kind of like Voltage and Current.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.