Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Different types of energy

Has anyone considered that maybe life force energy is a constant, and that you may be "feeling" it differently based on your expectations, what you've been told/taught, or your personal energy body development?

Electricity can be used in many different ways, and can be ramped up to have a greater surge, but in the end, isn't it just electricity? I'm not an electrical engineer , but I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone talking about different kinds of electricity.

Jaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    Has anyone considered that maybe life force energy is a constant, and that you may be "feeling" it differently based on your expectations, what you've been told/taught, or your personal energy body development?
    Yeah, I did That's the problem, sensations are subjective. I've done some thinking about this whole energy difference issue. And don't know what to think. Energy just feels different when I do reiki and NEW. That is all I can say really. I have to little experience with both of these energy systems to be certain of anything. Like Scorpyn said: Time will tell . I just have to spend a couple of years on observing .

Scorpyn Guest

Electricity can be used in many different ways, and can be ramped up to have a greater surge, but in the end, isn't it just electricity? I'm not an electrical engineer , but I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone talking about different kinds of electricity.
    If it was a constant then development would be impossible

There are actually different kinds of electricity. Well, sort of. For example, you can have a very high voltage (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6746104671) but you wouldn't want that connected to your computer because then it'd fry.

However, if you re-made your computer to be able to sustain the very high voltage, it'd be possible to get more out of it (overclocking a cpu can involve increasing the voltage to it slightly to make it run faster more stable, but as you do that you also have to increase the cooling because it'll get hotter).

I'm drifting off the subject here... I'll go check the time.

CunoDante Guest
    While reading Robert Bruce's Mastering Astral Projection last night, I came across this intriguing comment.

Many types of raw energies are collected through the energy exchange ports and channeled throughout the secondary system to be conditioned. These energies are then used for mental, psychic, emotional, and biological life processes, fed into storage areas, or channeled into primary energy centers. Primary energy centers then transform these into energies as required by the energy body's constantly changing demands.
    That's from page 111 of his book.

I find it very interesting that he kept referring to energies instead of energy. I wonder why that is? Do you think it's worth asking him on the "Ask Robert" section of the message board?

Freawaru Guest
    Great thread, thank you

And, yes, I would like to read RB's explanation - if it is not written somewhere I have not found it, yet.

For me Reiki feels like electricity and heat.

In the Tibetan Buddhism lore there are several energies, air, fire, earth, water, for example. But I am no expert, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpyn

There are actually different kinds of electricity. Well, sort of. For example, you can have a very high voltage (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6746104671) but you wouldn't want that connected to your computer because then it'd fry.

However, if you re-made your computer to be able to sustain the very high voltage, it'd be possible to get more out of it (overclocking a cpu can involve increasing the voltage to it slightly to make it run faster more stable, but as you do that you also have to increase the cooling because it'll get hotter).

Scorpyn,
    I don't get it. Why would development be impossible if Life Force Energy is a constant? To me, it depends on how much of it you take into your energy bodies and chakras, and what you do with it once you've taken it in. It's like turning on the water tap on high. It can keep running indefinitely on high, but you can take in (drink) as much as you want, or as slowly as you want, or stop drinking. I believe that what you do with Life Force Energy has nothing to do with what IT really is.

I don't get your electricity thing either. This could be my lack of education in this area. In your example, aren't you using something mechanical to create a high voltage from the raw electricity? Isn't the electricity itself a constant? I'm electrically challenged (he!) so maybe you can dumb down the science for me. Thanks!

Scorpyn Guest
    Scorpyn,
    I don't get it. Why would development be impossible if Life Force Energy is a constant? To me, it depends on how much of it you take into your energy bodies and chakras, and what you do with it once you've taken it in. It's like turning on the water tap on high. It can keep running indefinitely on high, but you can take in (drink) as much as you want, or as slowly as you want, or stop drinking. I believe that what you do with Life Force Energy has nothing to do with what IT really is.

I don't get your electricity thing either. This could be my lack of education in this area. In your example, aren't you using something mechanical to create a high voltage from the raw electricity? Isn't the electricity itself a constant? I'm electrically challenged (he!) so maybe you can dumb down the science for me. Thanks!
    The thing about constant = no develpment was actually a programming related joke (because a constant can't be changed. Also, if you take something away from infinity then you will still have infinity so it doesn't matter how much you take because you haven't made any development whatsoever compared to "the source"). Well, something like that.

About my example - in this perticular case, there is probably a nuclear powerplant somewhere right outside the picture, so it was a bad example. However, my point is that if you have a high current and low voltage, then the electricity - while being the same - behaves a bit different from when you have a low current and high voltage. One of them is a lot more likely to "jump" than the other (high current/low voltage) for example, and the low current/high voltage combo has advantages when it comes to losses due to resistances in the cables when travelling in those really long wires across the countries.

CunoDante : Yes, if nobody else asks him then I'll (probably) make a post about it in the question section in a few days. I don't want to rush it etc - I wouldn't want to make a "non-comprehensive" question in that section, as I don't want to bother someone with a tight schedule too much.

In general there is direct current and alternating current, DC having a steady state potential (voltage) and AC being an alternating potential (voltage) swinging between a positive and negative value say +200 and -200 volts at some frequency. The electricity supply is generally AC at high voltage for efficient transportation (and flashovers) but reduced at the user end for practical and safe(r) usage. The voltages (DC) in computers have tended to drop as speed increases, benefits of more efficient switching and reduced heating. All a bit of a digression but as it is being discussed.
    That said, the tingle feeling a little like low voltage electricity can I think indicate that energy is flowing about the body, in very vibrant healing this is how I get a sense of a good connection. I recently wrote something about energy flows elsewhere and a couple of comments in this thread reminded me of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CunoDante
    I generally tend to feel the electricity in my hands and feet. The cold and heat I feel anywhere in my body, although I more often feel heat on the back half of my body and sometimes in my thighs. Pressure I generally feel in my head. The vein thing I feel in my upper torso, especially near my heart chakra. Sometimes the liquid running through the veins feels cold and wet, other times it feels warmer. Fluid I can feel in my legs, but also in my upper torso. In my legs, I also tend to feel some kind of mix between fluid and electricity.
    My method involves raising energy usually at my hands drawing through the body largely as a whole and usually direct it in a continuous stream, this is simply through intent. For healing it will flow for various reasons and the recipient will feedback the sense of heat (and often the vibration quality) and less often a feeling of intense cold which is usually flowed for subtle body work.
    Your 'fluid' sense is interesting, when I am engaged in say PSD type work there is what I describe as a fluid sense and have described it as follows.
    Energy will build around my hands giving a tactile sensation starting at the fingertips and if it persists spreading about the palms. To describe the sensation is difficult but maybe not unlike having a high viscosity liquid hanging off the tips of the fingers.
    One thing that would indicate that it actually is different "types" of energy is that it seems like the energy has to go through a chakra before I can change it. I'm not sure if that's actually the case (hard to tell) but if it is, then that would indicate that the energy is at least capable of transforming in different ways. It might still be the same energy, but perhaps vibrating at different speeds and concentrations to create all the different feelings.

In fact, the 1st person ever to mention different "types" of energy (as far as I know) is me, and since I'm not nearly as developed as many others it would seem like I'm at least partially wrong in that.
    I made a post recently in reply to CFTraveler about how energy when healing will modulate to the need of the exercise, can be seen at http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... ling#16441
    It can also be focussed to change if doing a somewhat conscious healing exercise.
    This is an interesting thread.
    Mick

Blog Entries

/

Well, I am an electronic technician- Or was for 18 years. (actually, el. engineering technologist), and there is only one kind of electricity. You are talking about Voltage, Current and Power, which are different ways of measuring the same thing. Energy, as Sophroniscus so eloquently put it, is the capacity to do work (that is, the ability to affect matter/energy, to make it change states.) Energy is measured the following ways: Voltage is the energy needed to move an electron. The charge associated with the flow of such electron is called current, aka an Ampere, and Power is the Voltage multiplied by the current, which is expressed as Watts.
    This can be compared to water flow: Consider you have a bucket of water, and you want to move the water from one place to another. Now, you connect a hose to the water (wires connected to a power source) but it takes water pressure to move the water from the bucket to a second bucket. The water pressure could be compared to the Voltage needed to move the electrons that are part of the metallic wire. The intensity of the flow (how powerful the spray is) could be compared to the current in water. So it depends on the Voltage, the Resistance of the wire (which could be likened to the radius of the hose- the bigger the hole, the stronger the flow.)
    You can design a computer that needs 24V to run but if you hook it up to a 120V source it will fry it, for many reasons, one being the wires and other components are designed to handle a preset current. So you have to step down the current, or the voltage for the specifications of the equipment. Now, the voltage can be alternate or direct, and the difference is that direct current is a voltage that is on all the time, like from a battery or a generator, or alternate,which is the same current which alternates from positive to zero to negative,(if you want more details for AC and DC pm and I'll explain this) and is good for many uses, such as toasters and coils, which use it. If you plug in a computer to an AC socket it will fry, you have to connect it to a transformer which will step the voltage down, and a rectifier which will turn AC into DC and it will then feed your computer.
    The point I'm trying to make is that there is only energy, you can move electrons with it, and It'll go here and there, can be measured in many ways, but it's the same energy doing the same thing- making electrons (or whatever other medium) flow.
    Now I'm not an expert in 'etheric or 'astral' energy, but the electrical analogy doesn't support the idea of 'different types of energy'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ok, you electrical, computer geeks!!! I haven't had any science courses in hundreds of years, so I didn't understand any of that. I made straight A's in science, and then promptly forgot every single thing. Hahahahaha! Just chalk it up to Senioritis!

Thanks, CF, I did get your last two sentences.

I ain't really as dumb as I looks! It's just, well....BBBOOORRRIIINNNGGGG! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Sorry.
    I couldn't help myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast