Thread: Reincarnation Conundrum

Reincarnation Conundrum

Is it possible that ONLY those who strongly believe in reincarnation will reincarnate?

My reasoning is that, just like those who wind up in belief system territories, maybe those who strongly believe in linear reincarnation will reincarnate solely based on this flawed belief system.

Second question is heaven a higher level of consciousness than us? What happens to psychopathic serial killers? Surely their level of consciousness or psychological makeup would be incompatible with the heavens?

Also if your previous life was a deity, you would not remember it now because the level of consciousness would be incompatible right?

Re: Reincarnation Conundrum

G'day,

Strongly believing in reincarnation could cause an afterlife dream of this happening. But this will not in itself cause one to reincarnate in the physical world.

What are called 'heavens' is another belief system creation. Believe in it and you will experience it for a time after life.

A serial killer, or a suicide, or a priest, or an average person, all experience the same afterlife process (shaped differently) according to their life experiences, and this is generated by their beliefs and expectations and psychological baggage.

You have to look at the purpose of the afterlife to grok this. It is designed to help one process life and come to terms with it, and ultimately to let go of it.

No, just because one is dead does not mean one gains a higher level of consciousness, no matter what afterlife realm one is in. But, if you believe this strongly, you might have an afterlife dream that this is so, for a time, till you outgrow it.

Believing that one was a deity in a previous life would seem come from the ego. Its like saying 'in my last life, I was Thor, the thunder god'. Is this supposed to make people be in awe? Prove it. You can't. Without proof it is most likely just delusion.

Recent downloads have opened my thinking up to examining reincarnation, which for a long time did not make sense to me as my experiences did not support this. Now, I have found some common ground.....very common ground, for all life forms. I will say more on this later when I have had time to digest it.

I think reincarnation is real, but it is not what it is commonly believed to be. This applies to all living things, including animals.

More on this at a later time.

Robert