Thread: 1982

I've got all kinds of vivid dreams lately where I'm on the edge of being lucid, but not quite...
    I might get there in 10 years grrr.
    I had a wierd one though two nights ago, I was in a shop, I was looking at the computer screens they were selling and thought "damn, old stuff, how come ?*
    there was a seller and a potential buyer, I was listening to them, the buyer needed sometihng to "store information". the buyer showed him a white box and told him, that's an "a drive". I thought "no way, we don't use that anymore", the buyer was not interested, the selller put it back on the shelf and I looked at it, I thought this was not on, and seriously asked them "which year are we in right now", they looked at me and didn't reply, "please just let me know it's very important, these stuffs are really old, which year is it ?!", they looked annoyed at my question and replied "1982 of course".
    I told them "I live in the year 2010 !! I knew I was in the past because we've got flat colour touchscreens and we've got portable computers and cool stuff like the iphone 4......."
    the guys never laughed at me but they really were looking at each other as if I were crazy. I then got out , walked in the street and saw this girl on a bank, I asked her "which year are we in ?" and she replied "1982 why ?"
    I noticed she was wearing an old U2 t-shirt and told her "do you like them a lot ?" "oh yeh !" "well, in the 90's they will have a song which I'm going to sing to you, please remember it and remember me when you'll hear it on the radio"
    I'm not kidding, I started to sing one of their song, one which I don't like and I never listen to, and I knew the whole song by heart !!
    I now only remember that he says something like "what I'm looking for..."
    I knew something was not on, I knew I was not in my time, was collecting info, checking for contradictions, etc etc...yet I had no idea I was dreaming.
    can this dream be a simple dream or a fraction of lucidity during an obe ?
    In the last two weeks, I haven't had a simgle "lucid dream" as such but I have about 2 to 3 dreams where I'm analyzing the whole scene and noticing this is not the intraphysical world.
    I also had a funny one last night, I started to read a book from castaneda and stopped reading after his first encounter with cactii (peyoti), I dreamed that I was at a table and people were smokind drugs, they asked me if I wanted to try and I told them "no, except if it allows me to remain in control and reach entities in other dimensions" and they started to laugh and said "well, what do you think we are ?!", It was sooo real, now I regret one thing, that I didn't try their drugs, imagine taking a psychedelic drug in a dream and have the sensations in the dream !! no side effects, no physical danger but the interesting thing would be to know what I would have had experienced !
    has anyone tried this in an LD ?!

Blog Entries

Re: 1982

Hi sleepingbeauty- I don't know how to classify your first experience- besides being a dream- I do think you could have gone back in the past- what I'm not sure is if you were 'you' in 1982 or someone else (I don't know how old you are). Very interesting, though.
    A time slip is what I would call it I guess, not sure if AP strictly...

And yes, I have done the second thing, and it was very bizarre, especially when I have never done that in real life.
    Cheers,
    CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnD6ojjA0OA

Was it this song?

And I took a drug in a dream once. Was one of the most bugged-out feelings I've ever had. I agree with CFT, it's very strange when I've never done drugs in RL.

that's the one !! and I knew all the words by heart ! and...I was able to sing it (I'm trying to now and it sounds pretty much horrible).
    I've never tried drugs in real life either but I'm looking forward to try one in a dream and see whether it can be related to any of them used in real life.... but I have so many questions to ask first... and so few lucid dreams snif

Blog Entries

Interesting- I've always liked that song and could sing along to most of the chorus- but I never really took a look at the content. Interesting.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i second CFtravelers statement lol.
    I've always liked that song and could sing along to most of the chorus- but I never really took a look at the content. Interesting.
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha