Thread: barriers to expanding consciousness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sleeper Guest

barriers to expanding consciousness

i've been writing today (almost 4 pages worth) about something that's been bugging me for a while. I haven't shared it with anyone. But it really concerns me in a lot of ways for a lot of reasons.

basically it's this: i'm concerned about future generations of children (and adults) being able to find their way to the spiritual path. Movies, cartoons, video games and more are using (abusing, IMHO) spiritual language in their fantasy-world entertainment-media and it's "poisoning the well" of spiritual knowledge. it's not only blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality, but I expect it to also make spiritual attainment seem like a delusional fantasy. In other words, people who are raised on cartoon-media are being predictively programmed to dismiss things like "chakras" and "spirits" and "avatars" as cartoon-media nonsense. so a rational person who seeks spiritual truth will have a convoluted conception of what spiritual truth is and will dismiss real spiritual truth out of hand.

a couple good examples are the kids who join various forums and demand that they be taught how to gain psi powers now, or the kids that advertise them as spiritual warriors, etc.

does anyone else feel this way? i'm feeling the waters before jumping in, so to speak.

Blog Entries

Re: barriers to expanding consciousness

It's interesting that a thread from ten years ago is so apropos today. Nothing has changed.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.