Thread: consciousness and the state of the physical body

consciousness and the state of the physical body

Hi Robert,

I've been wondering about how the state of the physical body affects consciousness in planes beyond the physical. I could possibly imagine a state of mind affected by mind altering substances that carries through to the astral plane in a projection (I haven't tried it), but am curious about states of mind driven by disease or age. If one's mind were to deteriorate via Alzheimer's or dementia, would it suddenly revert to a state of clarity upon projection/death? And does an infant or young child that passes on become locked into a permanent state of that youthful innocence or do they continue to evolve or "age" for lack of a better word?

Cheers,
    Keith

Re: consciousness and the state of the physical body

G'day Keith,

Drugs will cause problems for a projector, lack of focus and coherence mainly, and stronger presence of the ego and lower mind. I do not know how far this goes, but likely the higher aspects, mental and beyond, would be dreaming normally.

People who project while seriously ill are usually very tired, and the astral body generally sleeps. But their higher levels, mental and beyond, are untouched by the woes of the physical body, and again most likely dream normally.

Children. The only thing we have to go on, to what happens to babies and children, are observations of spirit visitations, visions, dreams, etc. Children generally appear at the same age they were when they died. I have seen this often, where for 50 years or more a child returns to visit parents at the same aged he she was at death. This is a natural thing, I think, as this allows parent and child to connect through memory. If an adult arrived to visit, parents would not recognize him her and would reject the spirit.

The belief and expectations of the living have, I think, a profound affect upon the deceased, particularly when it comes to children. We want to recognize them, but we also want them to grow into adulthood. Conflicting reports abound. But a child's spirit is the same regardless of age.

I think deceased children are bound to parents until the parents also pass over. How this happens, again, is hugely variable. It depends a lot on the situation and bonding involved, and also on whether parents are psychic and remember dreams and OBE's, etc.

My son died aged almost 8. He visits me about once every year or two. He always looks the same, dressed the same as when he died. I have had glimpses at times of what could be the adult version of him, but its difficult to say for sure because of the difference in appearance.

To my son, it may seem as if only days have passed since he died, and not 25 years.

The structure of the afterlife is not what we might imagine. It is by and large a belief system structure. What actually happens is too simple for most people to accept. It is a wild natural state, ruled by the laws and processes of nature for that state of being. We process life, learn from life, grow from life. Otherwise there would be no point to life. And there is always a point to life.

robert