Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Kundalini a sentient being?

Re: Is Kundalini a sentient being?

CPW,

I applaud your words. exactly!

when nescience lifts as if wings on the nothingness of winded air, then sentience is felt, yet it is nothing but re-membered innocense. oh yeah, i can fly, fancy that....and i dont even have to think to fly.

perhaps it ultimately is Mother/Goddess, yet as the ascending daughter of, it is lover for the descending son indwelling of us all; they, daughter and son, the parents/union for the child reborn, our ultimate arrival to where from we had begun. perhaps to say...androgynous regardless of physical revelation of gender. and it is important to see that it is not 'incestual' or 'bi-sexual' baser worldly nescient modes; but rather it is the higher of engendered being, the causal sentient being understanding in and of the effects that culminate sentient life as it is.

sumptin like that...

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    If you, as a "being" who sees and experiences yourself as separate, want to personify and anthropomorphise Kundalini energy (which, by the way, is just a material-world label and explanation to describe certain kinds of experience), you can certainly do so, and it can certainly work. Kundalini can be experienced as an archetypical entity, and you can interact with that. No problem.
    Would this kind of interaction be more efficient or inefficent than the more subjetive kind (treating kundalini as non-separate)?

What is really interesting is that different realized people seem to interpret and shape their own reality in different ways. Normally I would expect (belief) that once you reach a certain point in development the ideas about reality that were false would crumble under the pressure of oncoming true reality, so to speak. But if there really were any "false" interpretations then all individual lives beyond a certain point in realization would look the same, and have the same interpretations. But that does not seem to be the case as everyone is unique.

So what would happen if you were unsure of how to interpret things? One thing that happens to me frequently is I feel that it's "wierd" to exist. It's very hard to explain, but I also feel there are "other" things, that everything could (be) "different". Does anyone have any experience with this?

John
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

3. Re: Is Kundalini a sentient being?

My general approach when I am unsure about something is I try to find reliable knowledge from different sources and analyse it and make my own idea about it.

For example, Kundalini can be seen through Robert's eye but that would be an incorrect approach of the subject in my opinion. All the knowledge is out there, and most of the time it is interpreted and translated for us to understand. I would here need to read eastern texts about K to have a more objective picture, and so on.

One thing I'm pretty sure is that we never entirely know until we experience it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Would this kind of interaction be more efficient or inefficent than the more subjetive kind (treating kundalini as non-separate)?
    Just depends. Whatever works for you, works for you.

What is really interesting is that different realized people seem to interpret and shape their own reality in different ways.
    Everyone does. It's nothing to do with realisation, really. It's just that as awareness expands, or, rather, attachments to ego-self lessen and dissolve, it's more obvious that we shape our own reality with our own thoughts, beliefs, etc. The mind still does this, pretty much always, but there's a point where you understand that you ARE doing it, and that's a big turning point.

I'm not personally convinced that it's possible to completely and entirely do away with the framework of the ego and the mind, or at least not on a permanent basis. You'd lose all reason to experience material reality, because what makes it interesting is the shading and shaping and colouring provided by the experience of an individual mind.

It's kind of like how you need to play a character to be in a play. You can't just wander around the stage and observe stuff. It ruins the whole thing.

But if there really were any "false" interpretations then all individual lives beyond a certain point in realization would look the same, and have the same interpretations. But that does not seem to be the case as everyone is unique.
    Yes, that's it.

So what would happen if you were unsure of how to interpret things?
    Lots of things. Your reality can go all wobbly and weird, for example. And you can have existential crises of various sorts. You can get very disconnected and freaked out. Or it can be blissful beyond words, or a mixture of all of the above, and various other permutations. Eventually, it is to be hoped, you find some equalibrium and learn how to navigate in an environment without hard and fast rules and regulations and objective "truth".

One thing that happens to me frequently is I feel that it's "wierd" to exist. It's very hard to explain, but I also feel there are "other" things, that everything could (be) "different". Does anyone have any experience with this?
    I used to. I've had all kinds of experiences similar to that. One of the weirdest was when I suddenly realised that the world as I knew it might be wholly made up by me. Everything I tried to find to prove it was "real" turned out to be bogus (like, say, history and archeology, maybe I made them up, too, and created the ancient artifacts to support the story of history). It didn't last long, but it freaked me right the heck out for a little while, to be sure.

I also went through periods of existential ennui where I'd just worry about what the point was and why things bothered to happen at all, etc. etc. A bit like depression, but it wasn't, it was just existential weirdness washing over me.

Eventually, my ego-self went "Okay, fine, whatever," and decided to stop trying to make things make sense. Occasionally, ego-self has a good idea...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
    the granmammy of all cliches
    Oh, well, my apologies for offending you with my life experience. I don't suppose it's occurred to you that some things are often repeated because they're experiences and sentiments that are universal? Certainly, a lot of people just blah blah blah about stuff with actually knowing or having experienced it, but when I write, it's from my own, actual, realised life experience, not from some random thing I read in a book or on a forum or in a blog somewhere.

So, well, I'm sorry I used words you don't approve of to describe experiences that are, truly, beyond words. Yet another reminder to me that I should stop trying to put these things into words, and stop trying to tell people about these things. I keep getting hints and nudges, but for some reason, I keep trying.

However, I'll leave this thread now with my apologies for having offended.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

So, well, I'm sorry I used words you don't approve of to describe experiences that are, truly, beyond words. Yet another reminder to me that I should stop trying to put these things into words, and stop trying to tell people about these things. I keep getting hints and nudges, but for some reason, I keep trying.
    Well, it's brought me forward and it's great to be here. For what it's worth.

8. Re: Is Kundalini a sentient being?

Can you ellaborate instead..?

Oh, well, my apologies for offending you with my life experience. I don't suppose it's occurred to you that some things are often repeated because they're experiences and sentiments that are universal? Certainly, a lot of people just blah blah blah about stuff with actually knowing or having experienced it, but when I write, it's from my own, actual, realised life experience, not from some random thing I read in a book or on a forum or in a blog somewhere.

However, I'll leave this thread now with my apologies for having offended.
    nah, i disagree CPW. your words are right on. I don't get why "psionickx" is hawking your every word. he/she started this thread, and has got good folks sharing in it; only to end up acting disrespectful. this chosen action hasnt got a darn thing to do with you and your words.

ya know, if what is written by anyone with good intent, offends someone, then it is a good thing that reveals for the offended person what they need to see inside themself.

so, you dont need to quit or keep trying, because you are passed trying, you are actually doing what you do very well. when ya do something well then it cannot but upset a few folk's off-centered equilibrium, simply because it leverages them away from thier cherished holdings of thought.

lots of folks open a topic with preconceived notions, thinking they are going to blow everybody's socks off, only to discover a few replys that cause them to question their luscious preconceptions.

so if you end up with the blue ribbon pie, sometimes a few pie entrys get offended. so what? let em eat their red, yellow and green ribbon pies; and if they've any 'real' wish to hone their pie skills, they will be happy to share in your blue ribbon recipe. of course, the blue ribbon pies have an ingredient that doesnt come out of the pantry, and it is 'love'.

and that my dear CPW is the real reason some get offended, because they see that 'love' which their pie is missing, know that they dont have the 'love' to put in their own pie, and then beset themself to offend the very 'love' which with worded grace a "CPW" put into it from her own heartfelt honesty of having gleaned 'actual' experiences for the least clothed articulation.

cliche? ... what kinda respect is that to someone writing to you in a topic you started for anyone to reply in? in my humble opinion, it is psionickx that owes CPW the apology.

tim

[edit] to clean it up...sorry for the initial
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    ya know, if what is written by anyone with good intent, offends someone, then it is a good thing that reveals for the offended person what they need to see inside themself.
    I agree.

This is just my personal opinon and it has nothing to do with you CPW.

It's impossible to know for sure how a person is feeling or where this person is at, at the time of posting a message on this board. The person reading might be deeply drowned in the dark night, or might be blissfully agreeing with the new dawning understanding just awoken.

Needless to say, that person reading is right where he/she is supposed to be, and it is important to honor the free will of this person to grow in their own way and react to life just as they choose to, to the message recieved. The intention of the message is enough. Words are here for a reason, sharing. So let's share and trust in ourselves to guide us to be right where we need to be, in the present, reacting and seeing all of life as it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast