Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Effect of Masturbation on Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonek
    Anyway, on an energetic level, abstinence leads to the redirection of energy from the sacred centre to the throat centre I have noticed, and thus empowers it. If anyone has more information on this ...
    Readers of the works of the Great Beast will know that he would power some of his magic by such methods and did not always involve a goat.

Any aware person will note the energy and maybe tap it for use, for most it will drift off as it does via many other leaks as per the earlier post by Kalonek.

I read that the EU parliament has been discussing the planning of a super brothel that is to be available for the patrons of the next soccer world cup, so those needing energy might find it useful to find the map references.
    By the way, in France we use to say that it makes you go deaf. Teenagers make fun of their friends with this :

"Hey, did you know that mmmmm (*mutter*) ?"
    "What ?"
    I always assumed that was a 'les ros-bifs' joke.
    Mick

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalonek

Anyway, on an energetic level, abstinence leads to the redirection of energy from the sacred centre to the throat centre I have noticed, and thus empowers it. If anyone has more information on this ...
    Makes sense. But I have to warn everyone to do this for a prolonged time as any overactivation of this chakra can lead to hallucinations and paranoia. Better let the chakras be activated slowly and naturally, not forcing it by self-castation or abstinence.

Ok, so are we making a distinction between self-gratification or sex with a partner? I had sex (or "made love") with my husband this morning. He got up (out of the bed, you perverts ), and I went back to sleep. I woke up a bit later, meditated, saw the "psychic" white movie screen with full color movie projections on it FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME (not just using visual imagination...we're talking Stephen Spielberg technicolor, here) and then had the most complete OBE experience to date, with strong exit sensations and being able to get my entire body out into the RTZ for the first time, not just an arm, leg, or other body part.

So, if abstinence from sex gives you more paranormal abilities, then I must be SUPER PSYCHIC GIRL , since I, according to this thread, shouldn't have had any "energy". (I need a new avatar, hehehe, a female as a super action hero in a Druid outfit or something )

Anyhooo....I think if you believe sex or masturbation will deplete your energy, then it will. If you don't believe it, then it won't. (Obviously from my personal experience). I think we are too conditioned by Eastern philosophy and believe it because they have been doing this for so long. But, what if they got it wrong? Or, what if things have changed? Or, what if we create our own reality? And, what if we don't buy into the common belief system, and therefor are able to change it? (I like the last one the best!)

Oh, and WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO for me and the RTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew Guest
    Congrats on the RTZ, PHG!

From personal experience, I feel that there are definite physical actions that drain energy from specific chakras. However, in dissipating the energy, I believe that surrounding areas of the energy body are stimulated. As an example, PHG had sex this morning and then entered the RTZ. In my experience, sex with another person releases energy throughout the body while draining it from the sexual chakra. The extra energy flowing through her energy body helped PHG with her projection. Masturbation for some reason does not seem to release the energy as widely over the energy body and is seen by most people as a drain.

Does this make masturbation "bad?"

Let me use another chakra as an example. If you practice silencing your internal dialogue for awhile, you will notice that inner silence turns your body into a crazy energy collector.... it is as if your energy body "wakes up."
    How does the internal dialogue shut this process down in most of us? Internal dialogue is like mental masturbation for your third eye chakra. Constant mental chatter drains energy. However, most of us would agree that we need to think sometimes....

Hmmm... have I answered any questions? Probably not. I suppose the short answer is that personal experience has proven to me that certain ascetic practices help me retain energy in specific chakras. After all, if we spend part of each day gathering energy, shouldn't we try to keep or conserve it as well?

-Matthew

Matthew, aren't we gathering energy with the purpose of using it? Sort of like eating food so we can funtion in the physical reality? We don't really store the food (except as fat if we eat too much). We convert it to be used as energy for our cellular system.

So, I'm not sure what the purpose of storing energy is except to use it for greater purpose?

Matthew said, "Internal dialogue is like mental masturbation for your third eye chakra. Constant mental chatter drains energy. However, most of us would agree that we need to think sometimes...." This makes sense to me.

Freawaru Guest
    I do not think it is this simple. True, when you start with meditation you are adviced to stop the internal chatter. But by now I sometimes can do it with the chatter going on. I do not shut it down but simply detach myself from it just as I detach from other distractions. There are outer senses (eyes, ears etc) and inner senses (thougths, emotions, etc) and what works for one does work for the other. The internal chatter can even be used for meditation, they call it "mindfullness meditation" in Buddhism.

It seems to me there is something we still overlook. Any ideas?

Matthew Guest
    Yes, of course PHG, much of our energy is converted for a specific purpose.

However, some of it is wasted. Small expenditures probably don't warrant your attention.
    As an example, tapping your foot while sitting wastes energy. It is a totally non-useful act. However, the energy expenditure is small, so you probably don't need to spend all day watching your feet for any errant tapping.

I'll use your example of food here. Many foods cause the third chakra to lose energy. Eating heavy meals means that quite a bit of energy is used for digestion. Is there anything wrong with eating heavy meals? No, but if you always eat food that takes a lot of energy to digest, you are using up unnecessary quantities of energy. Sensible eating will conserve the energy in your third, "digestive," chakra.
    So, while energy is being used for the purposes of digestion, that same energy could be used more constructively for other purposes.
    As an example, I suggested that internal dialogue was mental masturbation. Well, the digestive system has its own "gut brain:" the enteric nervous system. It contains as many neurons as the spinal cord and acts autonomously to perform many functions (so you have another brain in your stomach- what is it thinking right now ). Esoterically, the enteric nervous system has many higher (spiritual) functions, which it could be performing more efficiently if it weren't so caught up in digesting everything we cram into our mouths. Let's call it culinary masturbation.

-Matthew

Matthew,
    I haven't read anything about this, but I always assumed that "Life Force Energy" and physical energy with all the busy mitochondria on a cellular level were very different forms of energy. I think of them as "spiritual energy" verses "physical energy". Kind of vibrating at different frequencies. Some of the posts lately have got me thinking about it. I know that the chakras, although not physically seen by doctors and scientists, are directly related to the organs and systems of the body.

Have you studied anything about this? I guess I tend to see them as separate because I have so much training in the medical world and in the spiritual world. I tend to see everything from that dualistic viewpoint. (A skeptical mystic, hehe!) I'd appreciate any knowledge you have on this, or any links. Thanks!

Regarding mental chatter...from my experience as a hypnotherapist and watching people while in trance and afterward, sometimes it uses up a LOT of energy, and sometimes hardly any at all. It totally depends on the person.

Some people get very anxious when trying to go into trance because they can't stop the chatter or the noises they hear from the outside. I always tell them to just let it drift into your consciousness and drift out. Try not to get all uptight about it, because it doesn't matter (hypnotic suggestion). Usually, the Type A personalities just can't seem to relax and let go and accept that it's ok not to have a life changing, profound experience the first time. B types usually say, "Oh, it's ok to hear the noises as long as I can keep bringing myself back to focusing on relaxing?? They are easier to hypnotise the first time and usually have more profound experiences on a first try because they haven't used up all their emotional energy (probably spiritual and physical) worrying about chatter.

The odd thing is, Type A's often end up with more profound experiences in the long run, if they stick with it. I often wonder if this is because they are dealing with some deeper psychological and spiritual issues that may be repressed, and that helps create their type A personality. It's just my own theory, I have no idea if anyone's ever empirically tested it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast